Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/11 Mosque  (Read 30101 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: 9/11 Mosque
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 03:31:59 PM »

But, Tinka, you can't make that determination.  Only God can.  My God can do the impoosible and is bigger than any box I can put Him in.  He, because it is He only who saves, can save as many Muslims as He wants.  Guess what?  They are also His Children.  He know where they are and what they are doing.  He knows their hearts. He knows ALL like them as He knows it with you and I.

If your reference to the "Mother" church is the RCC.  There is a lot about you SDA church that is like them, including the way in which we hold services. 

Like I said --it is only possible to win a Muslim on a one to one basis. Otherwise you never knew what descendants you are dealing with according to the scripture above or what their agenda might be as they sure are forcing the issued in America as a whole right now. They want Shira law, they want our schools shut down for their holidays, they want what they want and we need not be so lax and sympathetic in their efforts as it is growing. Also if you go back far enough guess who else they will back or turn to in the end as a lot of their stuff coinsides with the Mother church.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 03:35:35 PM »

I think it is also important to look at the big picture and see the patterns. As Christianity was destroying civilization and learning, Islam came out of the desert and kept education and civil behaviour alive. The Golden Age of Islam coincided with the Dark Ages of Christianity. The art, architecture, music, literature, and science that we know today bears the imprint of Islamic culture.

Today, the tables have turned and much of the Middle Eastern Islamic world has fallen into a dark age. The largest Islamic population in the world is in Indonesia and Malaysia, and the darkness and violence we see in the Middle East does not really relate to them. Thus, I am led to see that what we fear and loath in Islam may be regional and cultural issues as opposed to simply a matter of religion. From North Africa, across South Central Asia, and into Southern Asia, we see a distincly Persian mountain culture that has been adopted as part of the Shiia version of Islam. During the reign of the Ottoman empire, the Persian Shiia took Iraq and imposed their religion and culture there, and spread it over time through Wahabi missionaries and mercenaries west into Arabia, and East into Afghanistan and the part of India that later became Pakistan. The moderate Muslims of Turkey, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Palestine, Egypt, Lybia, and Morocco retained the moderate Sunni religion. As the Ottoman empire was being crushed at the end of WWI, and the European powers scrambbled to gobble up the pieces, chaos ensued. Quickly, the Europeans divested themselves of their portions of the Muslim world, and the result was total anarchy in many areas. Radicalism thrives on chaos and anarchy, so the Persian Shiia got their foothold areas where they were once forbidden. Today the real struggle is still between the Sunni and the alien Shiia. Shiia was created as a religion to wrap around the radical mountain Persians, And Sunni is the religion of the Arabs and the Turks.

Again and again, the Shiia have tried to redirect the animus of their Sunni enemies by trying to make it a war between Islam and the world... between Islam and Christianity.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 03:38:33 PM »

See now this is what I am talking about!  Give me some facts.  Excellent!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 03:46:28 PM »

Sarah Palin for President in 2012.  :oops: :ROFL: Sorry, I had to do it, Di.  :pals:
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

horsethief

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 11:55:31 PM »

Whem Islamic forces have conquered a people or a nation, they build a mosque on their battle sites. They've been doing this since Mohammed's day.

The men of our armed forces who have fought Islamic terrorists are righteous men for what they do. Do not dishonor them.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 02:09:35 PM »

You know, I was thinking about this statement of yours for a while.  I one thought comes to mind.  the Japanese, as a country, attacked Pearl harbor.  That was not some radical fraction without the knowledge or permission of the government.  So it is not the same. 

It is more like blaming all Adventists for the acts of David Kroesh. 

I have come to realize that I really don't want them to build the mosque there.  not because they don't have the right, but because we are not ready to uphold our own tenants.  Too many of us cannot separate the actions of the extremist from the religion itself.  And Adventist ought to be really better at this than most, as we are often identified by extremist fractions or offshoots.  But we are not.  If I were the folk who want to build the mosque, I would fight in court and secure my legal right to build, and then choose another site.  It is not their failing, it is ours.  We are not standing by our word as a nation.

It would be kinda like the Japanese putting up a statue of Emperor Hirohito at Pearl Harbour.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 07:14:38 PM »

Di, Di, what and how are you thinking???? Read HIstory! Read Bible references of what we are dealing with. These are imposters using all their own agendas and rules and now I underderstand why you don't understand....

horsethief

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2010, 10:53:23 PM »

A mosque near ground zero site is not only offensive to the surviving family members, but it's also an insult to our brave soldiers who have fought the evil islamic terrorists who attacked us.

Our soldiers are righteous for using their skill and bravery in defeating these godless beasts who seek only death and destruction upon freedom loving people.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 02:39:22 PM »

:ROFL: :ROFL: Adam, you are just wrong for that!!! 

I guess I will just have to settle for "how nice she would look on a postage stamp"!  LOL!!(line from Princess Diaries 2)

Sarah Palin for President in 2012.  :oops: :ROFL: Sorry, I had to do it, Di.  :pals:

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 02:47:48 PM »

Well, I kind of thought the RCC was the beast in our end time prophecies, not Islam.  Has this changed?  Are we really re-thinking our own biblical prophecies?  I am an excellent student of history and understand very well the biblical inferences.  The only thing more violent than the expansion of Islam, is the expansion of christianity.  Are you willing for all to judge ALL christians by our history?

Now, having said that, I must admit, I have not read the repsonses of the families most directly affected by this.  I believe I would only not build in respect to them, but th rest of my statment stays the same.  Those families did lose loved ones in a most horrific way possible, however, it still was not all of Islam that inflicted that pain. 

Di, Di, what and how are you thinking???? Read HIstory! Read Bible references of what we are dealing with. These are imposters using all their own agendas and rules and now I underderstand why you don't understand....

mrst53

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 05:17:42 PM »

Maybe a day-care center or senior center could be built  there on that site, instead of a mosque. I think it's too soon and memories are stil too tender.The idea may be from the heart but I don't think Americans are ready yet, since are soldiers are still dying, by the hands of the Taliban.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 05:42:55 PM »

Well, I kind of thought the RCC was the beast in our end time prophecies, not Islam.  Has this changed?  Are we really re-thinking our own biblical prophecies?  I am an excellent student of history and understand very well the biblical inferences.  The only thing more violent than the expansion of Islam, is the expansion of christianity.  Are you willing for all to judge ALL christians by our history?

Now, having said that, I must admit, I have not read the repsonses of the families most directly affected by this.  I believe I would only not build in respect to them, but th rest of my statment stays the same.  Those families did lose loved ones in a most horrific way possible, however, it still was not all of Islam that inflicted that pain. 

Di, The connections are all there. There are many documents out their and links that connect what we all think the beast is and what connections the beast has. Look at the One World Power coming into fact and they call it the "New World Order" I did put a link on here that some of our own people are not aware. They are looking to something the least expected and the elect can very well be deceived. I see it coming.  Kinda like I did not realize the coastal area would present something else beside bad storms. Look to the bones and skulls and the connections that lead all the way to ..............you know what!!

horsethief

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 12:15:47 AM »

Imagine what the media would say if they wanted to put a cross or a nativity scene there?

mrst53

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 01:46:54 PM »

Maybe someone should suggest that the building include a room for Christians too. After all, it was to include something for the Jews, why not us :puppykisses:

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 02:24:35 PM »

I doubt if it will go much further. Someone buried a dead pig on the site??? They will probably move on :ROFL:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up