Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 praises for the Lord  (Read 8488 times)

mrst53

2 praises for the Lord
« on: August 09, 2010, 12:32:10 PM »

Today, my husband left to go a meeting 2 1/2 hours away. Normally he meets up with other men and they ride together. Today he didn't. He did not ahswer his cell phone and no one knew where he was. My husband has Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and is depressed and sometimes talks of suicide. I was in a panic. I got on the bus to go to Senior Citizens with my 82 yr old Mom and asked the bus driver and the others to Pray, we did.
 Within an hour Bill called to tell me, he had arrived at the meeting. He had slept late,  his phone was dead and he had gotten behind some slow pokes and had missed the guys at their meeting place. 1 PRAISE FOR THE LORD

Three weeks ago, my 82 yr old Mom lost her $1600 hearing aid. I had been meaning to put them on my homeowners insurance, but I kept forgetting and then it was too late.  I kept praying and I had others praying, but no hearing aid. We just did not have the money for a new aid. I was tempted to order the $14.95 hearing aid off the TV from the "6 million dollar MAN" :ROFL: Even wrote the number down last nite,including the web site. I was that desperate. I decided to go thru Mom's room 1 more time, piece by piece. I found the hearing aid in between a book and some little bottles of lotion, in a place I have looked a dozen times :dunno: I can't tell you how long or how loudly I PRAISED THE LORD.

Thank you Jesus. :TY:

Sheba

Re: 2 praises for the Lord
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 01:07:41 PM »

Isn't Jesus wonderful --that happens many times to me with important stuff too.

childoftheking

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 01:14:25 PM »

I am really convinced that God cares about the "little stuff". Little to Him but important to us. And he answers prayer.

Emma

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 02:47:06 PM »

I am really convinced that God cares about the "little stuff". Little to Him but important to us. And he answers prayer.

Agreed, from personal experience :amen:

(Perhaps this thread should go to the general rather  than 3ABN area, but I am very glad you have posted it )

RBF

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 03:49:24 PM »

As an interpreter for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, I know that isn't the first time angels have helped locate hearing aids!  So happy for you.  This brought back a funny moment...

One summer my interpreting took me to a week long summer military camp.  The individual I interpreted for was of the opposite gender so at night he would go to the male bunker and I to the female.  One night in the early hours of the morning there was a tornado overhead.  We were all evacuated to a ditch.  Now with some 300 teenagers laying as low as possible, I could not find him.  I mentioned it to another supervisor.  Her kind idea was to begin yelling the student's name.  I couldn't help myself.  I started laughing.  She realized her mistake and started again, "Does anyone know where "blank" is?"  Eventually he was located and the first question from his hands was, "Why are we laying in this ditch?"  Fun times.  Ah, I miss those days, but then again, I get to be full-time mom instead!

RBF

mrst53

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 03:57:57 PM »

RBF,
thank you for your story. I have had the feeling of yelling in the darkness for the last 3 weeks, altho Mom has had one hearing aid- it was for the worst ear. She has been learning to read lips, but has felt very lost at the Senior Center.

I am sorry that I didn't post it in the correct place. I was just so excited that I had found it. :rabbit:

Johann

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 04:07:54 PM »

And just today I took my 16-year old granddaughter to a special historic museum. A sound monitor with ear phones served as our guide. For that I had to remove my hearing aids which I do not use all the time. Later in the day only one was in my pocket. With a prayer we returned to the museum where the kind lady showed me a hearing aid of a different color, and she said it had been there for a long time. She told me I should go upstairs where they stored lots of lost and found articles. I told a young lady I had lost my hearing aid that morning, and immediately she said they had my hearing aid.

How often we do not even ask when things are lost. And there are also more important things we loose and never recover because we do not ask - in prayer.

Johann

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 04:10:48 PM »

Some time back I did loose a hearing aid. I found an excellent brand new replacement  on eBay at the fraction of the regular price, and the seller was able to adjust them for my hearing.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 04:29:48 PM »

Amen!!!  ALL Praises  to God!   Isn't it a comfort to know that he care about those little things.  "Cast all of your cares upon Him"
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

mrst53

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 06:04:13 PM »

Johann,
What was the site on Ebay? I know with the Alzheimers, Mom is sure to lose them again :ROFL:

Johann

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 01:29:06 PM »

Sorry I missed this for such a long time. You just write "hearing aid" on the search line at eBay.

Johann,
What was the site on Ebay? I know with the Alzheimers, Mom is sure to lose them again :ROFL:
Pages: [1]   Go Up