Issues & Concerns Category > Violence

enditnow - Violence Against Women

(1/4) > >>

Johann:
http://www.enditnow.org/

The July/August 2010 issue of MINISTRY has an important article about this issue.

Adventists Say No to Violence Against Women.

It includes the story of a church leader who was violent to his wife without the pastor taking issue in spite of seeing many tell tale signs - until the pastor was called to the hospital where this woman had been "beaten to within an inch of her life."

The pastor also discovered the church leader and husband had been arrested by police for being the attacker.

"IF PASTORS, OF ALL PEOPLE, DO NOT SPEAK OUT--WHO WILL?"

Violence against women needs to stop. What will you do about it?

princessdi:
I hope this includes getting some kind of policy for abusers amongst the pastorate.   They generally just move them somewhere else.

mrst53:
Amen to that!

tinka:

--- Quote from: Johann on August 09, 2010, 02:25:46 PM ---http://www.enditnow.org/

The July/August 2010 issue of MINISTRY has an important article about this issue.

Adventists Say No to Violence Against Women.

It includes the story of a church leader who was violent to his wife without the pastor taking issue in spite of seeing many tell tale signs - until the pastor was called to the hospital where this woman had been "beaten to within an inch of her life."

The pastor also discovered the church leader and husband had been arrested by police for being the attacker.

"IF PASTORS, OF ALL PEOPLE, DO NOT SPEAK OUT--WHO WILL?"

Violence against women needs to stop. What will you do about it?

--- End quote ---

Just curious about this and wondering! I wonder what type of education for pastorial duties and where he obtained them and if anyone would know about answering this?

Johann:

--- Quote from: princessdi on August 09, 2010, 04:32:20 PM ---I hope this includes getting some kind of policy for abusers amongst the pastorate.   They generally just move them somewhere else.

--- End quote ---

The MINISTRY article states about the pastor:

"There were rumors, but they neither sounded like the kind of gossip that a pastor wanted to hear nor wanted circulating in the church, and so he firmly shut them down when he could."

Have you experienced something like this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version