Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: "... 3ABN, the denomination’s TV station ..."  (Read 37069 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
"... 3ABN, the denomination’s TV station ..."
« on: September 17, 2010, 08:05:45 AM »

Whoever wrote up the press release for the Salt Lake Tribune should be kindly corrected. 3ABN is not the denomination's TV station. It is an independent ministry that has said in court that it and its message is not affiliated with any denomination or church.

HopeTV is the denomination's TV network, not 3ABN.

tinka

• Veteran Member
Re: "... 3ABN, the denomination’s TV station ..."
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 09:02:01 AM »

This must be a true statement but I do not want to believe it. Hope the churches denomination's TV station!!  :help: Is this the Australion version or the American. I am feeling much better not watching it. It goes against the first foundation's doctrine of which I firmly believe. and should I be surprised? California's liberal and Aussie versions. Lady Thorpe is a complete turnoff. Maybe her husband could do better. I am in much better frame of mind not watching all the new age and new foundation input with their justifications and talk shows of diverse opinions.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 04:45:10 PM »

Let us give our new GC President time to try to bring about whatever changes needs to be changed.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 11:40:25 PM »

This must be a true statement but I do not want to believe it. Hope the churches denomination's TV station!!  :help: Is this the Australion version or the American. I am feeling much better not watching it. It goes against the first foundation's doctrine of which I firmly believe. and should I be surprised? California's liberal and Aussie versions. Lady Thorpe is a complete turnoff. Maybe her husband could do better. I am in much better frame of mind not watching all the new age and new foundation input with their justifications and talk shows of diverse opinions.

You gotta be joking Tinka?  :dunno:

Are you really as anti-Aussie as you are sounding here?  :australia:

I guess we'll never get rid of racism from our Church either, while attitudes like this prevail. I feel sad about that. :'(
I believe that Jesus would feel the same. :help:  :wave:

Emma

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 01:53:00 AM »

Thanks for sticking up for the Aussies, Di :).

Are all Aussies tarred with the same brush, Tinka?

Johann

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 04:04:00 AM »

I wonder. Within the Seventh-da Adventist Church the Aussies have been regarded as being rather conservative. You just can't satisfy everybody.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 06:56:46 AM »

This must be a true statement but I do not want to believe it. Hope the churches denomination's TV station!!  :help: Is this the Australion version or the American. I am feeling much better not watching it. It goes against the first foundation's doctrine of which I firmly believe. and should I be surprised? California's liberal and Aussie versions. Lady Thorpe is a complete turnoff. Maybe her husband could do better. I am in much better frame of mind not watching all the new age and new foundation input with their justifications and talk shows of diverse opinions.

You gotta be joking Tinka?  :dunno:

Are you really as anti-Aussie as you are sounding here?  :australia:

I guess we'll never get rid of racism from our Church either, while attitudes like this prevail. I feel sad about that. :'(
I believe that Jesus would feel the same. :help:  :wave:

If you want to put in "change" from our true foundation, you might want to call me a racist on those terms. but not against race. It it that hard to make a point for the understanding of actions against the SP?   I find that California is very liberal and it shows beyond --anything that I would be interested in watching and even in EGW day, the Aussie too has (meaning country, not every individuals) have leaned to their own way instead of first foundations. Cannot you see what I see? I have stated many times. Again, with religion people decide it to their own taste instead of being led by SP holding up the Biblical standard. To each his own likings is plain. Nothing I said here is against the race of Aussie as again you all jumped to your own conclusions of points made only to the "foundational change to liberalism". I don't believe in SDA portraying and displaying the jewelry, mad hair displays, jiving, jumping, sexy dress, clapping and a dancing. I have seen all on "Hope" and mostly I hear the Aussie lingo so where can you deny this and my option of not appreciating and associating this with our SDA church. I am not into any new age junk and feel very stable in not changing into this while most find the excuse to do it. Especially in the music end of things is another.   Oh, and I have nothing against accents either.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 07:11:58 AM by tinka »

horsethief

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 12:25:07 PM »

I'm a`proud redneck... Does that make me a racist too?

Emma

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 12:30:34 PM »

Thinking of what has come out of Australia....Bob Brinsmead, Dr Desmond Ford, Francis D Nicholl, W Johnsson recent Review editor, the Standish brothers....

Some of those would have diametrically opposed ideologies.

Like most other areas, there are the ultraconservatives, the radicals and most members somewhere in between in
this country.  Some of what is considered normal and noncontroversial here is not always accepted elsewhere, thinking in particular of the wearing of wedding rings, women wearing trousers to church - I am sure there are other minors in which we could choose to major.

And now I guess I should let the original topic resume...

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 01:46:08 PM »

In the non-salvational matters of personal taste, such as clothing, hair and music, people often judge that their own preference is God's mandate upon the world, and that tends to become the focus of how they judge whether or not a person is good or bad. They create God in their own image.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 02:18:08 PM »

Did you hear the sermon last night on Health, dress, and Christlike? He even brought the smell of a Christian. I was right proud of the foundational truth. We can't look like something bad and be something else as signals are all crossed. I am talking about how SDA of examples should be and not newcomers just coming in for their curiosity of first interests. and Wintley stressed no wine, absolutely no reason no justifications of reports just plain- no wine that grape juice does the same thing. His sermon was titled the "last man to let you down"

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 05:40:09 PM »

I'm a`proud redneck... Does that make me a racist too?

horsethief, you remind me of a friend I had in the West Frankfort church. He had no problem publically identifying himself as Benton poor white trailer trash. Does that make him a racist, too?

horsethief

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 08:07:36 PM »

A redneck is not someone who's necessarily white and southern. Just someone who loves their freedom and independence and isn't afraid to fight for it...

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 08:29:50 PM »

In the non-salvational matters of personal taste, such as clothing, hair and music, people often judge that their own preference is God's mandate upon the world, and that tends to become the focus of how they judge whether or not a person is good or bad. They create God in their own image.

:amen:and  :amen:

I briefly read another post of Tinka's yesterday where she referred to 'hussies' and had to laugh to myself. In all that she wrote, that would make me a 70 year old 'hussie', as I go against all that she holds sacred as representing the SDA Church (in her part of the world)  :hot:

It would give my kids a laugh - those who think of their mother as a straitlaced (conservative) SDA who needs to update her ideas ;D Just can't please anyone, it seems :scratch:

Now, back to original programming. :thumbsup:

Are you fair dinkum in changing from 'Hope' to 3ABN? :help: An accidental slip of the arthritic fingers on the remote control  brought up a picture of DLS the other day and it made me feel quite ill. A male voice in the background quickly told me to get that rubbish off there "Can't stand that sleaze" and the male concerned knows nothing of what has been going on here or on other websites, or even in the 3ABN Camp. A very discerning person, I thought. :puppykisses:

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 08:34:54 PM »

Whoever wrote up the press release for the Salt Lake Tribune should be kindly corrected. 3ABN is not the denomination's TV station. It is an independent ministry that has said in court that it and its message is not affiliated with any denomination or church.

HopeTV is the denomination's TV network, not 3ABN.

And... people still need to be reminded of that, as I hear people refer to 3ABN as IF it is the appointed representative of the SDA Church. HOPE IS the denomination's TV network (Thanks God). NOT 3abn.  :TY:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up