Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: "... 3ABN, the denomination’s TV station ..."  (Read 37007 times)

horsethief

Re: "... 3ABN, the denomination’s TV station ..."
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 10:17:06 PM »

How can 3ABN consider themselves the denominations TV network when the 3ABN leadership condones child molestation and divorce and remarriage without Biblical grounds?

GRAT

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 10:54:17 PM »

Tinka - what do you have against "Lady Thorpe"?  She seems like a perfectly lovely christian lady to me.  If Hope doesn't float you boat then you should watch something else or nothing at all but your criticism of them seems very harsh.  I personally like what I have seen on Hope.  Far out does 3ABM.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 01:59:26 AM »

Did you hear the sermon last night on Health, dress, and Christlike? He even brought the smell of a Christian. I was right proud of the foundational truth. We can't look like something bad and be something else as signals are all crossed. I am talking about how SDA of examples should be and not newcomers just coming in for their curiosity of first interests. and Wintley stressed no wine, absolutely no reason no justifications of reports just plain- no wine that grape juice does the same thing. His sermon was titled the "last man to let you down"

Sorry I miss stated, I meant to say the sermon of CA Murray.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 02:41:08 AM »

Tinka - what do you have against "Lady Thorpe"?  She seems like a perfectly lovely christian lady to me.  If Hope doesn't float you boat then you should watch something else or nothing at all but your criticism of them seems very harsh.  I personally like what I have seen on Hope.  Far out does 3ABM.

Well Grat, Guess the down to earth, calming effect an very humble actions of Linda has spoiled me as a comparison for a natural on tv with no fakeness. It is actually the programming and what they display with their choice of individuals that love to display what our foundation beliefs do not give sanction to. My concern is why do they do that when there is a whole world to look on to if they do it then why do I give it up at baptism sort of thing but then again they may have "changed" too.  I think what Mrs. Thorpe needs is some training in appearances for TV. Who is in charge of guest appearances? Don't want to go any further and if she is in charge --her and her husband then they are responsible for the programming.  I do see that they have some outside programming that is used by some of our evangelists and that is pretty much the same but the rest of pleasing the public sort of thing and copying other religions and their programming is not the best. Adventists should be the best and present the  best of our faith and they don't do it. I said many times on here what I saw in very distastefull terms because of distasteful programing. I have not missed it a bit. In fact I don't even like to comment about it as I don't even see it doing any good as they will do what they want for their own likings. I like to watch where I can concentrate on learing from Biblical and SP. not talk shows, not musical jazz, jive and whatever floats and their constant display of jewelry that  presents problems for and stumbling blocks for newcomers. I did like their Revelation program and the learning part. But as a whole I see the flaw of Jewelry displayed in the sight of God which I know maybe just one thing but one thing is all it takes to present wrongly with each individual that thinks it is now justification to do it. We don't need it, We won't take it with us but what we will take is not good if we were a stumbling bloc to God's message. Hmmmm. I sure would'nt want that on my record added. I know what scripture says no matter what page after page after page of comments by GC that was posted on here to the wearing of the gold.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 04:44:07 AM »

That, Tinka, is how how good SDAs get sucked in and blinded. You heard the words you wanted to hear and they made you right proud. It is painfully common for organizations and leaders who focus on humble appearance and historic moral values in their words and what they encourage others to follow, to be some of the most eggregious perpetrators of evil. I am not saying that Clement Murray is evil, but there is certainly room to question who and what he represents. Would you agree that the jewellry on Hope is less of a stumbling block than the perpetual scandal of 3ABN, even though it eschews jewellry and teaches historic Adventist values?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 07:17:35 AM »

Your right in some aspects but one must conclude the actions also. You can be fooled sometimes I agree but not all the time. I was fooled for quite sometime with 3abn until the actions came into view. When that happens you are then shown discernment of choice and go from there. You do not hide it, join it or condone it as you jump up and start hollering about it like others did. They got a lot of the right attributes but the actions don't match when it comes to documents, legal motions, money hidding, divorces, molestations, misuse of funds and now  :ROFL: possible fornications again :ROFL:. Hmmm.   :ROFL: No matter what Murry smells like he gave all the right words ....I should have said. Could'nt tell the smell. The right words were for people seeking truth. and can't go against....what he said. I must say I do like the excellent nature photography and quite music that goes with it and it does give the right affects for wonderful rest and I do watch seminars over and over. Never gets old with me cause I always gain something. I do click off quite often.

horsethief

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 11:43:12 PM »

What value does Clement Murray have as a minister when he lacks the strength of character to point out to his employer that he was wrong in dumping his wife for a younger woman?

What good is he as a man when he knows that his employer has attempted to subvert justice in the case of child molestation?

No sermon can mask this man's cowardice to confronting evil.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 03:24:47 AM »

I humbly agree, It is just so sad and I hope for not long ones can be replaced. I do see some young upcoming replacements that I know personally that would be well with these souls to be in charge. Believe me they can handle it.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 08:37:55 AM »

What value does Clement Murray have as a minister when he lacks the strength of character to point out to his employer that he was wrong in dumping his wife for a younger woman?

What good is he as a man when he knows that his employer has attempted to subvert justice in the case of child molestation?

No sermon can mask this man's cowardice to confronting evil.

Cowardice may not be exactly the right word.

Has C. A. ever been divorced?

horsethief

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »

If Clement Murray was a man of character, then he would have had the courage to tell Danny Shelton that it is WRONG to try to cover up very serious criminal allegations. He would have let him know that he is in ERROR to dump his wife for a younger woman. He obviously hasn't because he is still at 3ABN.

I call that being a COWARD...

GRAT

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 10:35:02 PM »

Well, Friday night they were both on the talk program, can't remember the name maybe 3ABN Today, and they were having a love fest.  Danny was telling CA how much he liked and admired him and CA said about the same thing back.  They both liked each others singing also.  I was interested in seeing what else they had to say but my mom said Turn It so I did.  It's her television.   

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 10:28:50 AM »

When were Clement and Irma married?

mrst53

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 02:48:54 PM »

I have a couple of questions: I take it that SDA's do not believe in wearing jewely of any kind,including wedding rings, correct??
 Do you believe in women wearing makeup?
 What scriptures do you base this on for each one?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 05:09:42 PM »

Mrst53,
Look back in past posts and for a thread that states the wearing of the wedding ring and on there will be all the quotes of Bible brought on by me and others for and against and then you will see great lengths of why the SDA went to the new "justifications" why they should wear it but the foundational doctrine of SDA is not the wearing of any gold, jewelry, and if you want look to the story when they built the golden calf from all their gold while Moses was in the mountain getting the 10 commandments you will see from that day what God commanded. I don't look for any other way to disregard that while others will come out and deny this has any merit.

As far as make up goes, I believe you can use it without anyone knowing you use it. You just cover your flaws and brown spots the best you can. But actually I only did that once a week to look my best at church but only and sometimes when I did not feel good and take care naturally the rest of week, but your skin stays very nice in old age if you don't do the coffee, smoke or had a lot of medication. I really like the natural, clean, polished look that skin gets from healty living. Soft water is also the best for skin.and a little olive oil.

scratsmom

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 08:15:17 PM »

I have a couple of questions: I take it that SDA's do not believe in wearing jewely of any kind,including wedding rings, correct??
 Do you believe in women wearing makeup?
 What scriptures do you base this on for each one?

Depends on which Adventist you might ask. Many wear wedding rings, many Adventist women wear makeup. Some say that those who do are not "real" Adventists. The principles, in my opinion, are modesty and stewardship. How those principles are applied varies with the person.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up