Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: "He Stayed On The Cross" - by Tommy Shelton  (Read 25617 times)

mrst53

Re: "He Stayed On The Cross" - by Tommy Shelton
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2010, 01:24:25 PM »

I went to ASK.com to check and see what the punishment under the Jewish Law was for pedophila. Funny, I found no specific punishment. Under Jewish Law- girls are allowed to be married at any age- it doesn't say that, the the marriage is allowed to consumated,tho. Under Israeli Law,however, they said, no girl under 17 had been married.  I then asked about the Bible punishment for pedophilia- Nothing specific again.. But several scriptures were given-Jesus stating about not hurting  the little ones, not committing fornication. The best one was that sex should be within marriage,by a man and wife.... Can't be clearer than that...pedophilia was wrong.... but still couldn't find any specific punishment. Punishment for fornication was flogging.So I guess the punishment for pedophilia would be flogging. Not a bad punishment.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2010, 08:06:40 PM »

True... I don't know how they handled things like that back then. A man raping a boy or a girl. Both situations I believe warrant life in prison.

Tommy couldn't restrain himself when it came to boys. Just like Danny can't restrain himself when it comes to teenage girls. We all know what I'm talking about.

Rape is the most insidious adultery with the use of force by the more powerful over the weaker...Life not allowed...a death sentence for sure. These brutes need not exist.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2010, 08:08:55 PM »

Since God never ordained the use of jail time for crimes in Israel, I question whether that is the correct remedy. Given the dire effects on people's lives, I see His wisdom in prescribing the death penalty for rape and such.

But note that there were certain conditions that had to be met. For people caught in adultery, both the man and woman were to be punished equally. Not just the woman. And only in the city. In the country it was assumed that the lady had cried for help and no one could hear her. In other words, if you didn't want to get punished in the city, you had to cry out for help.

I would point out the cities of refuge were a form of "jailed sentence" as the perpetrator, if found not guilty of murder, could only live safely within the gates of the city.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2010, 09:19:15 AM »

Horsehief, I am not so sure about this.  David did absolutely nothing about the rape of his daughter.  I think one of his problmes was that he was this mighty warrior king, but his household was a mess.  I believe the rape of Tamar by her half brother Amnon and David's inaction that ws part of Absalom's dis respect and anger with his father.

However, there is evidence of what you say in David's initial reaction to Nathan's story of the sheep...that is before he knew the story was about him.

Ok I must practice reading all posts before reponding.  Bob caught this one already.  LOL!!!

I don't know if King David ever faced any instances of child molestation in his kingdom. But I am absolutely certain that if he did, then the molestor would have faced a swift and public execution...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:22:37 AM by princessdi »
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

horsethief

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2010, 04:34:16 AM »

Well I would happily execute a child molestor. I would be a righteous man for doing it.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2010, 05:13:50 AM »

Well I would happily execute a child molestor. I would be a righteous man for doing it.

You can pull the trigger, and I would give life imprisonment cause I can't pull the trigger.   :'(  Either way is  :( 

Guess it comes from me being a little nuts.  ;)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2010, 12:12:05 PM »

No doubt a child molester does need to pay the price for their crimes.  However, Horsethief. you seem to be quite eager to dole out life and death to others.  I must admit, that is a bit disturbing. 

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

childoftheking

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2010, 10:01:59 AM »

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PRIEST_ATTACK?SITE=CAANR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Note there is a copyright charge if you post the whole article without the accompanying ads. That is why I only posted the link not the article.

mrst53

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2010, 11:57:10 AM »

This man is truly sick and I can't believe he is not in jail. Maybe is caring for other pedophile clergymen and they just didn't tell us... :scratch:

horsethief

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2010, 06:06:10 AM »

That priest deserved to be beaten by the man he abused. What was he doing working in that retirement home anyway?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up