Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Devotional item  (Read 9732 times)

Ozzie

Devotional item
« on: March 21, 2008, 12:01:32 AM »

I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure…Psalm 16:8,9

"This week so many hurting people have crossed my path. Families in crisis, kids carrying pain and burdens that would bury most adults. The stories are all varied. There is a common thread though. This life sometimes brings pain, sadness, loneliness, an intense longing for something better. I know that all of us have experienced all of these feelings. I find them overwhelming at times. Often it’s difficult to know exactly how to cope, where to turn.

David’s advice in today’s Bible text offers what I believe is the only solution to suffering and pain that we each see and experience daily. Keeping God firmly affixed in our eyes, immediately in front of us, at our right hand and our left. David’s words point to a security that I want in my life. No matter how dark days get, I can continue the journey secure in the knowledge that God is faithful, and He loves each of us with all of His heart. We are not promised an easy road in this life, but He does promise to never leave us on our own.

Courage friends!"

Surely this is wise admonition for all of us; especially in view of the legal threats and intimidation aimed at members here and in other Forums.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
Re: Devotional item
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 02:37:11 PM »

:TY: for posting this just when I wanted to make a similar point in Theology Category / Doctrinal Discussions / Re: Some Serious Help Needed

We all need to set the Lord always before us -- to focus on Him!

Inga

I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure…Psalm 16:8,9

"This week so many hurting people have crossed my path. Families in crisis, kids carrying pain and burdens that would bury most adults. The stories are all varied. There is a common thread though. This life sometimes brings pain, sadness, loneliness, an intense longing for something better. I know that all of us have experienced all of these feelings. I find them overwhelming at times. Often it’s difficult to know exactly how to cope, where to turn.

David’s advice in today’s Bible text offers what I believe is the only solution to suffering and pain that we each see and experience daily. Keeping God firmly affixed in our eyes, immediately in front of us, at our right hand and our left. David’s words point to a security that I want in my life. No matter how dark days get, I can continue the journey secure in the knowledge that God is faithful, and He loves each of us with all of His heart. We are not promised an easy road in this life, but He does promise to never leave us on our own.

Courage friends!"

Surely this is wise admonition for all of us; especially in view of the legal threats and intimidation aimed at members here and in other Forums.

Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up