Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Tomm Shelton's sentencing is today 10-22-10. at 10:00 a.m.  (Read 15890 times)

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
Re: Tomm Shelton's sentencing is today 10-22-10. at 10:00 a.m.
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2010, 12:54:33 PM »

I don't believe a sexual predator is EVER CURED unless medication is taken. No amount of  psychological counseling is going to make things right. God can change a person's heart, but Satan is always there tempting. I think they need to be locked up or kept home-bound once on parole, especially pedophiles.
Well, I certainly believe that God is greater than any man made drug and can cure a person of anything He wishes, but as I said, I don't see it in this case, nor have I ever. That doesn't mean God isn't able. I think it has everything to do with the heart of the offender. Just like salvation, God won't force healing upon us. Plus, sometimes healing isn't given because a person is suffering consequences of earlier choices, such as someone with cirrhosis of the liver from drinking or lung cancer from smoking.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

mrst53

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010, 01:28:27 PM »

Duane, I think in Tommy's case, with the years and multiple offenses, I think Tommy needs to be locked up or kept under house arrest once released from jail. Medication might help, since Satan seems to keep knocking him down.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 02:13:57 PM »

Duane, I think in Tommy's case, with the years and multiple offenses, I think Tommy needs to be locked up or kept under house arrest once released from jail. Medication might help, since Satan seems to keep knocking him down.
Oh, I agree with you 100%. I'm just saying that God CAN do it if He wants.
Duane Clem

horsethief

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 09:35:30 PM »

Molesting children is such an act of evil that I believe it can be equated with posession. These predators are so focused on preying on innocent children that they simply canot be stopped unless they are removed permanently.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 09:27:49 AM »

You know, Horsethief, I agree with you.  there doesn't seem much anyone can do.  I also believe that God is able, however, that free will kicks in and they have to want Him, ask Him to help them.  Not sure how many have done that.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 11:11:30 AM »

You know, Horsethief, I agree with you.  there doesn't seem much anyone can do.  I also believe that God is able, however, that free will kicks in and they have to want Him, ask Him to help them.  Not sure how many have done that.
And that, Di, is the real danger of this kind of sin. It's not that God isn't able to heal, but rather the weakness of the human mind to be able to believe that they can be free from it.
Duane Clem

GRAT

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 11:12:26 AM »

Anyone know of any examples of sexual preditors being cured by religion or God or what ever you prefer to call it.  I never have but nothing is impossible with God.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 02:08:08 PM »

I think Duane hit a key point. We are saved by faith/belief/trust. If we don't believe God can do it, that it is possible with a miracle from God, He can't do it for us. Doesn't matter what the sin is.

So the sinner must believe that God can save him from his sin or he can't be saved from his sin.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 04:21:22 PM »

The sinner must acknowledge that he IS saved fromt hat sin through the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ.  They must have that faith.  I would also be intersted in hearing of anyone who feels they have overcome this particular sin.

I think Duane hit a key point. We are saved by faith/belief/trust. If we don't believe God can do it, that it is possible with a miracle from God, He can't do it for us. Doesn't matter what the sin is.

So the sinner must believe that God can save him from his sin or he can't be saved from his sin.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 04:44:29 PM »

Oh I believe the sinner knows that God can save him from his sin but this (lowest)sin is like a last stage cancer in the brain and already too far into last stage. They got it by passing over the line long time ago and did it knowingly --to a point of knowing that is his first desire beyond any thoughts of God in the picture. In fact so wicked that they hide with the religious people that show sympathy to hide their folly.

The thing that is so sure is that if the perp came to reality and cured he would not be able to live with himself knowing what he did to victimize others. Then the guilt  would be so bad with the reality of it that he probably would commit suicide.  No I never heard of anyone being cured after this horrible appeasement of ones selfish, sick desires that only a possessed person could do. The possession came first and then the acts, no sympathy here for chosen side of the devil. Just a fact of a life claimed by Satan in the end. Why and how can a person come to this decay of mind in this particular level? I just do not know. How can someone have taken the little girl from Australia that came here with cancer and one leg off, and do what they did? Only the devil inside a mind possessed is the only way. There is no cure once the Holy Spirit has been rejected for the last time. The acts prove that happened. and none of these can be set free to devour someone else. What horror!

horsethief

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »

I work with sexual offenders. Let me tell you, some of them are great actors. They master the line of how sorrowful they are for their crimes and use that on the people who need to hear that, convincingly. Then they got another line mastered of how they are innocent and falsely accused and use that one when it's convenient.

They are professional cons and it's often easy to believe them. Tommy and Danny both fit that deceptive predator profile. Very convincing of their sincerity, yet extremely deceptive. The victim often doesn't realize that the predator has made them vulnerable before it's too late.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 10:33:55 AM »

Exactly my point, how can they repent to God when they do not believe they need to repent and don't they believe that God sees all and hears all?  They are possibly believers of this but so is Satan. This is where the mind does not function in manner of reality anymore. It is gone. No conscience is there or left. With no conscience left, No Holy Spirt available.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 11:25:33 AM »

Now, Tinka, I have to disagree here, because I believe that some if not most live incredibly tortured lives.  But it is like any other addiction, perhaps the most severe in manifestation.  They are just like any other con artist, only their victims are completely defenseless, because they after have trust and faith in a person who is in authority over them in some way.  They will do anything the have to to get their "drug" of choice.  All we see is the outward, their despicable actions.  We don't see that battle for their souls.

Just so we are clear, my statement above has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that the offenders need to suffer the FULL consequences of their actions

Exactly my point, how can they repent to God when they do not believe they need to repent and don't they believe that God sees all and hears all?  They are possibly believers of this but so is Satan. This is where the mind does not function in manner of reality anymore. It is gone. No conscience is there or left. With no conscience left, No Holy Spirt available.

mrst53

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2010, 04:59:49 PM »

I watched an interview once with pedophiles, who were taking medication to keep them from getting erections or desires.  One man who was interviewed, said he wanted to remain on the medicine the rest of his life, because he never, ever wanted to have the desire to hurt another child again. He said if he did, he hoped he would kill himself , first.   Now, this could be like Horsethief was talking, and that this was what the audience wanted to hear, or he was really sorry. Only God knew his heart.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2010, 08:00:46 PM »

I work with sexual offenders. Let me tell you, some of them are great actors. They master the line of how sorrowful they are for their crimes and use that on the people who need to hear that, convincingly. Then they got another line mastered of how they are innocent and falsely accused and use that one when it's convenient.

They are professional cons and it's often easy to believe them. Tommy and Danny both fit that deceptive predator profile. Very convincing of their sincerity, yet extremely deceptive. The victim often doesn't realize that the predator has made them vulnerable before it's too late.

One fellow was in a work release place, something like that, after serving time. He was not to have any relationship with a woman with young children. Came to prayer meeting once at least.

He went to a different church, started being friendly with a lady with kids. Got in trouble for that. Hopefully no kid got hurt.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up