Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: SNAP to appear at the Community Church of God in Dunnloring, Va. tomorrow.  (Read 80106 times)

Adam

• Veteran Member
Re: SNAP to appear at the Community Church of God in Dunnloring, Va. tomorrow.
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 07:35:11 PM »

I do not know Glenn Dryden to like or dislike him, Bob.

Out of all folks, I would think you would be for this line of questioning.

All Dryden has to do is be honest. Why on earth did he sign Tommy's re-newal license. WHY? That's all I want to know.

Why did he sign them far after he was trying to "bring Tommy down."

I believe these are fair questions. I am sure the answers will be found if Dryden is demanded to go to court. Maybe even be named in a suit? Who knows.

It appears that he is taking the "cowards" way out, just as he did when the reporter knocked on his door.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 07:38:50 PM by Adam »
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 08:15:01 PM »

Maybe Vestedinterest is Glenn Dryden, or his wife Judy?

Sure does use alot of "fancy" language like Glenn Dryden.

When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 08:31:31 PM »

Can we get off this rabbit trail? :rabbit:

I agree Bro. Dryden needs to show where his loyalty lies. I further agree that he has questions he needs to answer. However, publically criticizing him in open forum is not the way to go.

I have known Bro. Dryden since I was in second or third grade. He and I have had our share of issues in the past. However, openly criticizing him in public is not healthy for anyone involved.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 05:46:45 AM »

Welcome, vestedinterest.

Adam, is there any answer that Brother Dryden might give that would satisfy you?

There are posts around here that come across as if there is a bit of dislike for him. That is unfortunate, in my opinion.
Well Bob, all I can say is that you obviously have never had occasion to disagree with Glenn Dryden. He becomes very hard to get along with if you challenge him on anything.

Have you had to sit under his pastorate and watch him run off youth after youth, most of which you yourself worked very hard to keep on church to begin with? Have you ever had him pass around a letter behind your back to the parents of the youth, one that was designed to damage your credibility? Have you ever heard him tell the congregation, from the pulpit, that you needed to allow God to move in your life, then deny he ever said it when he found out you heard it? Have you ever had him go to three families of youth in your church and tell them you were removed from the bus ministry for doing "inappropriate things with children", then lie to you about it and go threaten those three families into silence when you confront him?

Nah, didn't think so.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 05:54:24 AM »

Quite honestly, I'd never give that organization a second look. They appear to be just a bunch of media hounds.
Will you please share why you came to this conclusion?  Thanks
Certainly. It was the self serving press release they sent out. You don't help victims by making a big production of how "concerned and caring" you are. I'd almost be willing to bet that their literature is laced with pro-counselor propaganda.
Duane Clem

vestedinterest

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 05:55:14 AM »

Maybe Vestedinterest is Glenn Dryden, or his wife Judy?

Sure does use alot of "fancy" language like Glenn Dryden.

Adam, I am flattered that you find words like "animosity" and "vilifiers" to be fancy!  I can assure you, however, that I am not fancy at all, just a regular homespun person with a decent command of the language!

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 06:06:49 AM »

Didn't deny being Dryden, either. Not that he hasn't denied things in the past that he has done.
Duane Clem

vestedinterest

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 06:12:12 AM »

Welcome, vestedinterest.

Adam, is there any answer that Brother Dryden might give that would satisfy you?

There are posts around here that come across as if there is a bit of dislike for him. That is unfortunate, in my opinion.
Well Bob, all I can say is that you obviously have never had occasion to disagree with Glenn Dryden. He becomes very hard to get along with if you challenge him on anything.

Have you had to sit under his pastorate and watch him run off youth after youth, most of which you yourself worked very hard to keep on church to begin with? Have you ever had him pass around a letter behind your back to the parents of the youth, one that was designed to damage your credibility? Have you ever heard him tell the congregation, from the pulpit, that you needed to allow God to move in your life, then deny he ever said it when he found out you heard it? Have you ever had him go to three families of youth in your church and tell them you were removed from the bus ministry for doing "inappropriate things with children", then lie to you about it and go threaten those three families into silence when you confront him?

Nah, didn't think so.
Dear Duane,
It is hard to imagine what you have been through in this long painful saga, but your posts ring with pain, bitterness, and anger.  There is probably not an outcome that would suit you, because nothing can fix or undo what has been done. Nonetheless, your unrelenting vendetta against Pastor Dryden undermines your cause. At times it sounds like you want Tommy Shelton to be held accountable, yet somehow you throw Glenn Dryden into the mix as someone who has harmed you, perhaps more than Tommy.(Personally, I have known Glenn Dryden since 1991, and we have had many disagreements/differences of opinion  and I have NEVER seen him behave in any way other than one that reflected the character of a Godly man)  Now you are criticizing SNAP because they use publicity as a way to try to reach silent victims of abuse. I don't know you, but based on your posts, it would seem that you are full of hatred. Is there anything someone could do for you that might ease your pain? I mean that sincerely - no one deserves to live under such oppression.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 07:30:13 AM »

Yes. Meddlers like you could stop your accusations against me and mind your own business.
Duane Clem

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 07:41:35 AM »

And by the way, Dryden threw himself into the mix when he stucl his nose into something that was none of his business. I've waited for years for an apology, and received none. Now he gets to reap the rewards of his nosiness.

I can honestly say, even after what Tommy did to me, an entire week with him  would be far more tolerable than 5 minutes with Glenn Dryden.
Duane Clem

vestedinterest

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 07:44:08 AM »

And by the way, Dryden threw himself into the mix when he stucl his nose into something that was none of his business. I've waited for years for an apology, and received none. Now he gets to reap the rewards of his nosiness.

I can honestly say, even after what Tommy did to me, an entire week with him  would be far more tolerable than 5 minutes with Glenn Dryden.

I find that interesting. Very. But I have no ax to grind with you, and have made no accusations.  I don't consider myself a meddler because, well, friend I do have a VESTED INTEREST. But I wish you peace.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 07:53:13 AM »

Just get your facts straight before you jump me about exposing a fake.
Duane Clem

vestedinterest

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2010, 07:59:54 AM »

Just get your facts straight before you jump me about exposing a fake.

Case in point: I definitely have not "jumped" you! My facts are in good order, and come from multiple sources, but I am not expounding on anything whatsoever.  I merely said I had NOT had the kind of experiences with Pastor Dryden that you cite, that I am sorry for your pain, and that your vitriolic posts undermine your cause.  I have nothing but love and compassion for you, Duane, whether you want it or not.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2010, 08:52:05 AM »

Yeah, right.
Duane Clem

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2010, 08:56:02 AM »

One thing we need to think about from time to time is what will we do if those who have done us wrong repent and end up in heaven. Will we still want to go? How will Stephen relate to Saul of Tarsus, who was to blame for Stephen's death, and Stephen knew it?

I guess the greatest example of that kind of thing is Christ Himself. I drove the nails into His hands, as it were. How could He ever stand to be around me throughout eternity?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up