Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pray for Sister Gail Wood  (Read 5747 times)

mrst53

Pray for Sister Gail Wood
« on: December 29, 2010, 04:51:38 PM »

I just found out today that Sister Gail Wood  has been diagnosed with Parkinson's. I don't know what stage she is in, but I know she is having problems playing the piano, which was always one of her loves. Please pray for her.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
Re: Pray for Sister Gail Wood
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 05:42:28 PM »

Sorry, but I have no respect for the Wood's.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Johann

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 09:45:34 PM »

Would our world be any better if Jesus hadn't come along and told us to love our enemies. . . ?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 09:53:03 PM »

I don't know Sis. Woods, but she and her family will be in my prayers. 

Johann, He said to love AND pray for them.  Guys, we have to do better.  It is also said in Bible, how can you claim to love God who you have not seens, but cannor love your brother who you have seen?
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

mrst53

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 06:00:59 PM »

Adam,
It took me a long time to forgive my abuser and sometimes, I still have to ask the Lord to help me forgive and forget again when the Devil brings it up again, But if she were dying, I would hope, I would be able to pray for her. Sister Wood, hurt me many times over in the times, I was in her church, but I can still forgive her and pray for her. I know that what TS did to you is far worse, and whether you forgive and forget him, is between you and the Lord.
Pages: [1]   Go Up