Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Law suit is Imminent  (Read 105815 times)

Adam

• Veteran Member
Re: Law suit is Imminent
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 09:18:25 PM »

Are we familiar with this scripture?

“For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.”
—2nd Corinthians 11:13-15

And

"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves (Matt. 7:15).

Am I correct that Danny Shelton considers himself a Prophet? I do know some refer to him as the "anointed one." The truth is he's a vicious viper no better than the serpent in the Garden of Eden!!!!!

When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2011, 03:33:41 PM »

Here is another one that just settled...only thing that bothers me is the phrase..."church officials were please"...when I see that I immediately suspect that litigation counsel sold out the victims!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Del. diocese settles priest abuse claims for $77M
By KASEY JONES Associated Press

(AP) - Lawyers involved with the Delaware Catholic Diocese of Wilmington's $77 million settlement with nearly 150 alleged victims of sexual abuse say the church's agreement to release unredacted documents is a historic step toward making sure it doesn't happen again.

And lawyers for the alleged victims say they'll post the documents on the Internet.

The diocese agreed Wednesday to settle the lawsuits, which claimed child sexual abuse by dozens of diocesan and religious order priests dating to the early 1960s. Attorney Thomas Neuberger, who represented 99 of the 146 alleged victims, says they will each receive $530,000 on average.

Diocese attorney Anthony Flynn says church officials are pleased with the settlement.

2011-02-03     08:19:33 GMT

Johann

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 07:36:36 PM »

Might other victims settle for a similar settlement?

Here is another one that just settled...only thing that bothers me is the phrase..."church officials were please"...when I see that I immediately suspect that litigation counsel sold out the victims!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Del. diocese settles priest abuse claims for $77M
By KASEY JONES Associated Press

(AP) - Lawyers involved with the Delaware Catholic Diocese of Wilmington's $77 million settlement with nearly 150 alleged victims of sexual abuse say the church's agreement to release unredacted documents is a historic step toward making sure it doesn't happen again.

And lawyers for the alleged victims say they'll post the documents on the Internet.

The diocese agreed Wednesday to settle the lawsuits, which claimed child sexual abuse by dozens of diocesan and religious order priests dating to the early 1960s. Attorney Thomas Neuberger, who represented 99 of the 146 alleged victims, says they will each receive $530,000 on average.

Diocese attorney Anthony Flynn says church officials are pleased with the settlement.

2011-02-03     08:19:33 GMT

Johann

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 02:13:39 PM »

Something seems to be boiling these days. Will we soon find out what it is?

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 07:51:14 PM »

Indeed! Something is definitely cooking and the kitchen is getting HOT!

The Batters are in the dugout and the opposition team is in the field! The umpire is behind home plate and if you listen carefully you can hear him say "Let's play ball!"

It's almost game time! Won't be long.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2011, 07:28:40 AM »

How does this affect the Joy & Pickle one, or does it?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2011, 09:39:47 AM »

The Batters are in the dugout and the opposition team is in the field! The umpire is behind home plate and if you listen carefully you can hear him say "Let's play ball!"

We have been hearing that for quite awhile now...

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2011, 10:28:14 AM »

We have been hearing that for quite awhile now...

Dear Snoopy,

You are correct. However, due to recent events there was a delay. I cannot go into the details of that, but to say one key witness has been added or will soon be added to both the criminal and civil cases. I am not at liberty to reveal their identity as it could cause sever consequences for them.

It is safe to say that it is likely this will be filed this week. Possibly the next day or two. It is in the process that they call "Review Status". Meaning qualified attorney's are reviewing it. After that is complete the plaintiffs (myself and the other victim) will have the opportunity to review it. After that is complete it goes to he final step which is it's filing! Trust me we are keenly aware that time is running out towards the end of the month when one un-named agreement will expire.

The final steps are in the works and it is now not a matter of weeks, but days.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 02:08:43 PM »

Dear Snoopy,

You are correct. However, due to recent events there was a delay. I cannot go into the details of that, but to say one key witness has been added or will soon be added to both the criminal and civil cases. I am not at liberty to reveal their identity as it could cause sever consequences for them.

It is safe to say that it is likely this will be filed this week. Possibly the next day or two. It is in the process that they call "Review Status". Meaning qualified attorney's are reviewing it. After that is complete the plaintiffs (myself and the other victim) will have the opportunity to review it. After that is complete it goes to he final step which is it's filing! Trust me we are keenly aware that time is running out towards the end of the month when one un-named agreement will expire.

The final steps are in the works and it is now not a matter of weeks, but days.

I just got a more complete version of what's going on and I see what you mean - only days now.  It will be interesting to see what happens next.

Johann

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2011, 09:06:55 PM »

Still waiting with suspense. . .

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2011, 09:10:11 PM »

I'm still waiting to view the complaint. Hopefully tomorrow.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Johann

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2011, 07:36:36 AM »

Silent night. . .  

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2011, 01:26:30 AM »

Still waiting..... :-\
Alex L. Walker

Johann

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2011, 02:57:53 AM »

Here is the patience of the Saints. . .

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2011, 12:56:11 PM »

Here is the patience of the Saints. . .
Don't expect much, but panic has probably set in, not only in Illinois, but Maryland as well!!!
I will bet they are doing some last minute negotiations...but the time-clock is ticking...tick, tick, tick, tick, tick...ka-bo-o-o-m!!!
They are up against Statute of limitations and cannot afford to slip up, so, some intense week-end discussions will be needed to make any serious headway... it would be easier negotiating settlement disputes between Israelies and Palestinians.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Up