Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer Request: Son's Job Situation  (Read 11279 times)

mfc10

Prayer Request: Son's Job Situation
« on: March 23, 2008, 04:53:54 PM »

My son, a 5th-generation SDA, was downsized from his electrical engineering job at the end of January, due to the economic downturn. He has been actively interviewing for engineering positions, and I am soliciting prayers that the Lord will lead him to the right job--one that won't present Sabbath problems and that is a good fit for his talents. It would also be wonderful if the job is near our family home; his grandparents are elderly and love it when he spends time with them. My son always says: "The Lord doesn't always give me exactly what I want--but He always gives me what I need."

Thanks for your prayers! :praying:
Bill's Mom

Johann

Re: Prayer Request: Son's Job Situation
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 08:41:47 PM »

May the Lord give your son what he needs!

mfc10

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 12:00:58 PM »

Thanks, Johann!  :TY:
Bill's Mom

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 08:24:41 PM »

How's Bill going Mom? Prayers ascending on your son's behalf.  :praying:

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 07:22:22 PM »

Hi Bill's Mom!

Sounds like Bill is quite the guy!!  An electrical engineer - WOW!!  And he already realizes that the Lord gives him what he needs!!  Some people never get to that point!!  And, he's good to his grandparents!  You have much to be proud of!

Has he tried monster.com?  Or a professional recruiter?  Whatever the case, I will pray he finds a fulfilling job in the right place.

Snoopy

mfc10

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 06:46:05 PM »

Thanks everyone for your prayers & encouragement! Bill had 4 interviews this week so far, but not sure which one(s) will lead to the next step in the hiring process. Yes, he's been on all the internet & alumni sites posting his resume. (Mom--me--helps out a lot in this---I teach chemistry at a Penn State branch and know where to help students look for positions. I do mock interviews with him & keep him from becoming discouraged.) He does trust in the Lord. I think I'm most proud of that trait in him. Thanks again, and I'll let you know when that good job comes along!   :TY:

Hugs,
Bill's Mom

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 07:14:29 PM »

Thanks everyone for your prayers & encouragement! Bill had 4 interviews this week so far, but not sure which one(s) will lead to the next step in the hiring process. Yes, he's been on all the internet & alumni sites posting his resume. (Mom--me--helps out a lot in this---I teach chemistry at a Penn State branch and know where to help students look for positions. I do mock interviews with him & keep him from becoming discouraged.) He does trust in the Lord. I think I'm most proud of that trait in him. Thanks again, and I'll let you know when that good job comes along!   :TY:

Hugs,
Bill's Mom

Sounds like you should give yourself  pat on the back too Bill's Mom, for the grounding that you have provided and the encouragement you are giving. You both remain in our prayers.

mfc10

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 04:52:14 PM »

Just to update you on Bill's job situation...today, he was offered an engineering position with NASA, and is pretty sure he'll be accepting it! It's also not too far from home (just 2.5 hours), so we'll get to see him often. God is good!

Thanks, everyone, for your prayers!  :TY:
Hugs,
Bill's Mom

Ozzie

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 11:25:57 PM »

Just to update you on Bill's job situation...today, he was offered an engineering position with NASA, and is pretty sure he'll be accepting it! It's also not too far from home (just 2.5 hours), so we'll get to see him often. God is good!

Thanks, everyone, for your prayers!  :TY:
Hugs,
Bill's Mom

Great news. Praise God.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.
Pages: [1]   Go Up