Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Trial Dates for Tommy R. Shelon, Jr.  (Read 11001 times)

tinka

• Veteran Member
Re: New Trial Dates for Tommy R. Shelon, Jr.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 03:00:15 AM »

James 4:4   Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. 

I really do hate the devil, his angels, and his helpers and the sins. So if you are a friend to the world how will God hear your prayer to his enemy lest you repent first?

I believe if you have differences within believers and with your brothers and sisters that have done against you this applies or if they repent and come sincerely back to the fold.

There is no rejoicing but sadness for the wicked especially when many have prayed for some that can't or won't turn around for the wickeds continuing choice then finally dying in their sins. Some have chose wickedness for so long that their minds are sick and now incapable of knowing right from wrong. It's like a drug or poison that destroys the brain. With no understanding left what is there? A lifetime of prayers for that person with no avail???  It is the sadness of Absalom and can't think of anything worse.   If there was no restraint and no reasonable law, no one would live good or evil. and yes, I am now crying cause this is unbearable for me to know human distruction when "SOMEONE DID LOVE THEM".

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 09:34:58 AM »

I owe vestedinterest a huge apology publicly for accusing them of being someone who they are not. Some of the idea's lead me to believe that it was Pastor Glenn Dryden.  I now know that is not the case.  So publicly, I do apologize to them.

I will no longer 'assume' that I am confident I know who someone is, without being 100 percent sure.  "Vested Interest" I hope you take this a sincere apology, and may we work together to find common ground in this horrible story that has occurred that is destroyed many innocent lives.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

vestedinterest

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 06:58:41 PM »

Thanks, Adam. Apology accepted!

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 11:22:13 PM »

Kumbayah moments are so rare here!!  Prasie God!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 08:15:07 PM »

Every war has it's casualties, sometimes innocent civilians!!!

I have never been much for the folksy "Kumbayah", a word without translation in the MANY years I have searched, but commonly associated with the anti-war movement of the 60's...can't really say I have ever been anti war...in fact more likely characterized as one who seeks out conflict and contradiction (better known as hypocrisy).

And for some reason just really attracted to overwhelming odds with a devotion to leveling the playing field. Little future in the effort, but I am one that believes justice must be served regardless of the cost...but I have always taken the concept of "justice for all" very seriously. Sad that it requires conflict and confrontation, but c'est la vie!!! When someone is a victim, there is inevitably a perpetrator.

So, Kumbayah is a folksy and idealistic tune but unrealistic and thus has little empathy here. On the other hand, we certainly need to be careful to avoid collateral damage needlessly. And so, "Kumbayah, my Lord" isn't entirely out of order!!!

Kudo's to Princess Di for finding a great use of a tune that dates us all!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 01:59:42 PM »

"Kumbayah" is not a word, it is three words in Kriole, a language I grew up speaking. It means "come by here."

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 02:03:50 PM »

The song translated to its real meaning would say "Come be here with me, my Lord, come be here with me."

mrst53

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 02:06:06 PM »

Guys, I was not wishing death on TS by  any means. God forgive me, that you all got that idea. :praying: I meant that the lawyers were putting off the lawsuit in hopes that ts would die, so that they wouldn't have to have a trial. NOT ME.... This trial is  huge mess for both sides and they would love for it to just DISAPPEAR...

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 01:34:58 PM »

Thank you Murcielago!  I was just about to make that observation, but I had to changes offices.  The meaning, of late, has changed to something to do with togetherness, reconcilliation, etc.  I think that is the 60's influence of the phrase\

You are very welcome, GJ!  Anytime!   LOL!!

The song translated to its real meaning would say "Come be here with me, my Lord, come be here with me."
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up