Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: What did Walt Thompson mean? Why did Greg Thompson get fired?  (Read 73478 times)

Avidwalker

First of all - look at the FHB's post on BSDA - to me he is way over the top and looks like he has crossed the line.  I wonder why he seems so bitter and angry?   >:( >:(

There may be more to this - it could be a piece of a puzzle.  See my next quote......

(fallible humanbeing @ Jan 7 2008, 01:39 AM)
As for the drinking of Kool-aid . . . the Pickle/Joy version is a rather deadly blend of 1 smidgen of truth, 3 gallons of untruth, mixed carefully in a vat of deception, anger, and pride.
- FHB
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 04:54:25 PM by Dillon »

Avidwalker

Re: What did Walt Thompson mean? Why did Greg Thompson get fired?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 04:46:47 PM »

See below the full e-mail from BSDA written by Walt Thompson, Chairman of the 3ABN Board.

I am asking..... what is Walt Thompson talking about when he said that Greg (his son) is ".....one of the few who have been willing to sacrifice reputation, professional career, family, and whatever was needed to stand for truth - at the hand of some of you who have had no such conscience of right and wrong."

What does Walt Thompson mean by those words...."sacrifice career and family....at the hand of some of you".

In W. Thompson's mind - whose hands caused his son to lose his reputation, career, and family?

I have wondered why such a man as Walt Thompson would go along with this law suit?  Is this a vendetta?  Is he blaming Joy & Pickle?  Is the plan to get back at them for something he thinks is their fault?  :-\

Dear **************, Since you** have felt free to post my e mails in the past (against my better judgment), I would appreciate it if you would now post this one, unedited, and unchanged. For reasons that I think I have made quite clear to those I have corresponded with, I do not believe the Internet is the place to resolve conflicts of the nature that 3abn has experienced in recent years. Therefore, it is with a certain reticence that I make this request to you. Nor is it because my name has been posted as the source of FHB's information - but only to clarify a few issues that have arisen by that post. It is true that I am the father of FHB - a fact that many of you have known for a long time, having obtained the information fraudulently. The fact is, FHB has obtained his information from the same sources as most everyone else --by scratching for it - not from me. In fact, the assumption stated in the recent post is the very reason that I have not revealed private things to him. Yes, FHB may have one advantage over some of you. From childhood, I have reminded him of the farmhand in Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories who could "sleep through the storm." He knew that if he did his job right, he need not worry about the things that might happen during the night. FHB knows that that farmhand has been one whom I have emulated through life, so that when I told FHB I could sleep through the storm, he knew he need not fear. Nor do I agree with him for joining in the frivolity of his post (and similar posts by others). He is of age, and need not share his thoughts (and posts) with me. Having said this, I wish to make it clear that I am proud of FHB's sense of justice and desire for truth to be told. Were it not for him and a few others who have often not been permitted to post "sensitive" comments, many who read the forums would remain in the dark regarding the truth of the matters at hand. He has been one of the few who have been willing to sacrifice reputation, professional career, family, and whatever was needed to stand for truth - at the hand of some of you who have had no such conscience of right and wrong. (And though a few of you may be innocent, others of you are not, and you know who you are!) Even if everything negative that has been posted against 3abn and its leadership were true, (which it is not) that evil would not begin to compare with the demonic tactics being used by some of you. I have received considerable criticism for 3ABN taking certain persons to court in our attempts to tell the truth regarding events of recent years. Some express the belief that it is a sin to use the court system in the search for truth, implying thereby that it is morally, legally and ethically right to destroy innocent people and ministries via the Internet forums, e -mails, etc. where there are few governing laws and virtually no moral restraints, but that it is evil to use legitimate systems established to determine truth and promote justice. I fail to understand this sense of righteousness. What seems to have been over-looked here is that people, human beings for whom Jesus paid the infinite price, are being lost - while we play our little games. Matters it not that our Lord loves each one of us, and is not in favor of any one of us missing the glories He is preparing? Have you no such love for one another? Ought we all not rather be on our knees before the King of the Universe, pleading for the salvation of each other? Yes, I have stood beside the people at 3abn and defended them based upon what I have seen and experienced there, but it has not been without a deep sense of sadness for all of those who are hurting and/or misled. You are daily, and often many times daily, in my prayers, not asking God to strike any one of you with injury or death, but that somehow, you might find the peace and joy of knowing Him for who He really is - our Savior - who also desires to be our very best friend. We are living on the very edge of eternity. It is no time for any of us to be playing games. For none of us must be missing in that glad day. I am most grateful for those of you who, though perhaps confused as to what to believe, have joined in with frequent prayers of intercession, for 3ABN and for its determined enemies. Thank you--God is not deaf to our pleas! This note is submitted in the precious name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Walter Thompson MD Chairman, 3abn Board of Directors

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 05:19:47 PM »

Do you think there is some connection, AW?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Avidwalker

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 06:00:35 PM »

I have no personal knowledge but just wondering why the bitterness, why the statement, why the blame?  I guess it is the curious part of me asking why and where is the rest of the story? 

W.T.'s statement is pretty bold and it just jumped out at me when I read it again today at BSDA.  I did a search on FHB's statements and had some difficulty but finally came up with his angry and somewhat bitter post. 

So there it is ......if W.T. believes what he wrote (I have no doubt he does) then it just makes sense for him to have jumped on a bandwagon full of emotions instead of reason and then found himself in a fight for a cause that would bring some vindication to his son.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 06:19:17 PM »

Thank-you, Avidwalker, for the question.

We know from a communique we were given nearly a year ago that Danny's brother had claimed that we had cost Greg his job. Since then there have been various allegations regarding this concept. At one point we decided to investigate FHB and discovered it was Greg, which certainly clarified the motivation for the hostility.

As we pressed further, we discovered that Greg had been a student at AUC in the early 89-91 period, while we were actively involved in defending Virginia Jean Rittenhouse from ridiculous allegations of discrimination and "excessive expectation" workloads to the students at the Thayer Music Conservatory and in her New England Ensemble, world renowned at the time. We were just a newsletter then, but read throughout the New England conferences by a number of members. We also supported New England Ministries at the Time, a conservative forum group that sponsored conservative speakers to speak one sabbath a month (these included Osborne, Standish, Spear, Larsen, Ron Goss, etal). For some reason, they seem to believe that a student classmate breached some form of confidentiality and gave us information that we passed to the private school where Greg was teaching and he was terminated midyear.

Frankly, we learned enough to decide that Greg was off limits and we have never told anyone anything of what we learned...it was simply not relevant to the 3ABN/Danny Lee Shelton Discussions...the same position we have taken on Brandy and a host of others  such as Lomacang. We find their blindness to the truth profound, but not without motivation, and have simply left it that way.

It is a common tactic by the opponents of journalism to attack the messenger rather than take on the message and defend their position with documentation.  I am quite use to it. When we tell the truth and document the same, we will be exonerated time after time by the passage of time and unravelling of the factually challenged statements by blind defenders of fallacy.

The proof is in the documentation. We have repeatedly requested the documentation and they have repeatedly refused to produce the documentation. They claim the purpose of the Lawsuite is to make public the truth, but attempt to impound the case. Bob has done requests to produce the documents and now they attempt to prove to the court that everything is covered by some imaginary confidentiality. They simply avoid documenting the truth and one must logically ask WHY??? They still have not documented the very first allegation and still have not produced one document to prove that Linda was guilty of anything worthy of termination,  other than being married to Danny Lee Shelton and a discardable possession that had worn out her welcome.

We would challenge Greg, Danny's brother and Dr Walter Thompson to provide proof of this ridiculous allegation and post it here or anywhere else. And if they are convinced that we were responsible for Gregs' termination, why has Greg not filed suite against us?? I suspect the documentation will be avoided like all other documentation requests.

And they want the truth to finally exonerate them??? The history is not good and I doubt we will see any proof without another court fight!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 08:45:13 PM »

Thompson recently said in the above email:

Quote from: Walt Thompson
"Having said this, I wish to make it clear that I am proud of FHB's sense of justice and desire for truth to be told. Were it not for him and a few others who have often not been permitted to post 'sensitive' comments, many who read the forums would remain in the dark regarding the truth of the matters at hand. He has been one of the few who have been willing to sacrifice reputation, professional career, family, and whatever was needed to stand for truth - at the hand of some of you who have had no such conscience of right and wrong."

A friend wrote the following to me on February 13, 2007, just two days before Danny, Walt, and company announced to the world that they were going to sue:

"[Ronnie Shelton] also said that somehow – he believes that Joy got (I think this is what he said) but got W. Thomson’s son fired from a teaching job because of something he said to a student 15 or so years ago."

At the time we got this, we had no idea what it meant. I don't think either of us knew Walt had a son.

Based on what Walt recently wrote, he believes what Ronnie wrote almost a year ago. Was this story concocted by Danny to persuade Walt to go along with the lawsuit? Hopefully not, but where did this story come from?

And why would Walt possibly think we had anything to do with Gregory's loss of his family, when the divorce was filed in March 2006, and Gailon and I didn't become involved until August 2006? Or was Walt referring to someone else amongst those concerned, not Gailon and myself, when he says that Gregory lost his family at the hands of some of us?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 08:50:45 PM »

I think that sometimes family members feel that long term work-related stresses can cause marraige breakups that may have been a long time in coming.

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 08:54:56 PM »

Whew! It seems that there may be some major misunderstandings in the Thompson family!

As we probably all know, family matters can cloud anyone's judgment. And in this case, I don't doubt that Walt Thompson believes absolutely in the truth of the statements in his post. Unfortunately the evidence is very much against him as demonstrated by the behavior of the principals in this drama:
  • Danny has had to change his testimony often to fit changing circumstances.
  • By contrast, I noticed that when Bob made minor factual errors in his posts, he was quick to acknowledge them, rather than to concoct a new story in the manner of Danny.
  • Danny has made many charges which he has not documented.
  • Danny and his lawyers have repeatedly attempted to block the publication of evidence that would make the truth be known.
  • By contrast, Bob & Gailon have focused on evidence and the publication of that evidence, so the truth might be known.
  • Bob & Gailon have not made unfounded charges.
  • Bob & Gailon could possibly be described as men who "of the few who have been willing to sacrifice reputation, professional career, family, and whatever was needed to stand for truth."
  • Bob & Gailon have both sacrificed time and money to stand for truth
  • By contrast, Danny seems to have profited off the 3ABN ministry in more ways than one.

And Greg Thompson/ aka Fallible Human Being/ FHB clearly has had an axe to grind, and that has clouded his judgment.

What a sad, sad situation all around!

But it still boggles my mind that Walt Thompson could be so utterly deceived by Danny that he believes so absolutely in his innocense and divine appointment. (Some of Danny's shenanigans were on the air, and his less-than-Christlike behavior were/are clear to all who are not blinded by preconceived opinions.)
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

inga

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 10:40:31 PM »

Avid Walker, could you help me out please?

I tried to find that post by Walt Thompson on BlackSDA.com and couldn't find it.

When was it posted? Who posted it? (I searched on "Walt" and "Thompson" in the last 30 days & came up blank.) I didn't read all the recent threads, but waded through far more junk than I had time for ...
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 10:43:08 PM »

Inga, I read that very recently and I'll look for it for you.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 10:52:48 PM »

Walt Thompson's e-mail, which he requested to have posted, is found in the first page of the 3ABN forum, 9th topic down, titled "Factually Challenged?" on page 5, post#68.

It was posted by runner4him.

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 10:54:19 PM »

Inga, as someone who writes a lot, you have a good grasp of the English language, grammar and structure right?  Look carefully at what WT said in the paragraph that Bob quoted:

"Having said this, I wish to make it clear that I am proud of FHB's sense of justice and desire for truth to be told. Were it not for him and a few others who have often not been permitted to post 'sensitive' comments, many who read the forums would remain in the dark regarding the truth of the matters at hand. He has been one of the few who have been willing to sacrifice reputation, professional career, family, and whatever was needed to stand for truth - at the hand of some of you who have had no such conscience of right and wrong."

Decades ago I was an English major.  Even though some of my skills in the area have faded, just looking at some key parts of the paragraph Bob is referring to allow for a proper interpretation.

Taking the first few words of the bolded section, "He has been one of the few", this points to FHB being a part of a small group.
The next three words, "who have been", corroborate that WT was referring to a group.  "Have" is plural.  If he had been referring only to FHB he would have typed "has".  Finally, carefully look at the tense WT uses.  WT is saying that this small group of people have been willing to sacrifice all of the listed things, not that they have necessarily already done so, but that they are indeed willing to do so  to stand for truth.

Bob, Gailon, Artiste, Inga et al: There is certainly vengence going on, and it isn't coming from a young man who has posted his perspective and opinions in an intelligent manner most of the time.  This whole thread is nothing more than a vendetta by two angry men with axes to grind, lashing out and using Satan's very tools to fight what used to be God's battle.  What is the point in all of this innuendo and the bringing up of allegations?  Is FHB connected to 3abn other than by being WT's son?  Will attempting to destroy him help your defense in the law suit?  

Only those with blindfolds on will be fooled by this hideous thing you are doing.  Others will see it for what it is - revenge for FHB bringing forward Gailon's embezzlement conviction and for daring to speak his mind in a clear and thoughtful way over on BlackSDA.com.  Ever since then steps have been taken, first to out him as WT's son and now to destroy him.  

Do you really think Linda Shelton will feel it is appropriate to do this to this young man?  Seems to me you are doing just what you claim Danny Shelton has done to those who have crossed him.  

What has happened to the battle for truth?  When did you all lose sight of God's will in all of this?  How can you possibly think you are on a righteous path?  Bob, Gailon, I believe that you have now fully purchased your defeat.... not only in the law suit but also in the court of public opinion.

Daryl,  as I read through the posts that Gailon, Bob and others have made on this thread, your forum rules came to mind.  What is rule number one?

1 - You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law.

Sir, my advice is to read this thread carefully and see how many of the points of rule #1 are in violation.  
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

inga

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 12:14:15 AM »

Why, Grandma Nettie, thank you for the affirmation and the English lesson.  :)
[But where are those smilies we've become addicted to on BlackSDA??]

I will let others reply to some of the astonishing statements you make in your post and restrict myself to just one...

Inga, as someone who writes a lot, you have a good grasp of the English language, grammar and structure right? <snip>

What is the point in all of this innuendo and the bringing up of allegations?  Is FHB connected to 3abn other than by being WT's son?  Will attempting to destroy him help your defense in the law suit? <snip>

Ever since then steps have been taken, first to out him as WT's son and now to destroy him.  

First of all, the most hurtful thing I've said about Greg Thompson/ aka FHB is that he seems to have an axe to grind, and that has clouded his judgment. He posted relatively reasonably on BlackSDA, compared to certain others, but I always thought he seemed to have an axe to grind, which clouded his judgment.

Now Gailon and Bob's posts give a little history, and that explains it.

There's a terrrible misunderstanding somewhere in the past, I'm sure, but your allegations are clearly "over the top."

I was wondering what you meant by "innuendo" until I saw this statement by Gailon regarding history more than 15 years old: "that Greg was off limits and we have never told anyone anything of what we learned." I don't know what you read into that, but I didn't read more into it than he said. Gailon and Bob must have wondered why Greg was so persistently attacking them, and they must both have had an <aha> moment when it became clear that the reasons lay way in the past -- in what appears involve a misunderstanding.

And who is/has been trying "to destroy" whom?

It is clear that Dan Shelton has been trying to destroy Bob and Gailon for reasons that are fairly transparent. Unfortunately Greg T. got into the fray in defense of Dan. Getting so close to someone slinging so much mud doubtless got Greg a little spattered.

And now you characterize our posts as an "attempting to destroy him"?!

And, regarding your concern of Greg being "outed" -- the only persons who have anything to fear for being "outed" in these fora are those who cross Dan Shelton, because Dan has a known history of retaliation. And, to put it in perspective, it was Walt Thompson who identified FHB as his own son.

Otoh, what kind of reprisal do you fear for Greg? That his posts should be attached to his name is hardly a "reprisal." We should all be willing to own up to what we wrote -- including you.

I'm having a really hard time understanding your reasoning here. Perhaps something is clouding your judgment too?

May God give you peace.

Inga
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 12:19:49 AM by inga »

inga

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 12:28:39 AM »

Walt Thompson's e-mail, which he requested to have posted, is found in the first page of the 3ABN forum, 9th topic down, titled "Factually Challenged?" on page 5, post#68.

It was posted by runner4him.
Thanks, Artiste, I should have looked in the most obvious place.  :-\ No idea why I couldn't find it through the "Search" function, though ... Guess I'm usually in too much of a hurry ..

I have promised myself not to look at these sites tomorrow! I have to get ready for leaving the following day for the weekend. Our newest grandson (just born December 29) is getting dedicated. :)

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 02:09:35 AM »

Bob, Gailon, Artiste, Inga et al: There is certainly vengence going on, and it isn't coming from a young man who has posted his perspective and opinions in an intelligent manner most of the time.  This whole thread is nothing more than a vendetta by two angry men with axes to grind, lashing out and using Satan's very tools to fight what used to be God's battle.  What is the point in all of this innuendo and the bringing up of allegations?  Is FHB connected to 3abn other than by being WT's son?  Will attempting to destroy him help your defense in the law suit?  

Only those with blindfolds on will be fooled by this hideous thing you are doing.  Others will see it for what it is - revenge for FHB bringing forward Gailon's embezzlement conviction and for daring to speak his mind in a clear and thoughtful way over on BlackSDA.com.  Ever since then steps have been taken, first to out him as WT's son and now to destroy him.  

What has happened to the battle for truth?  When did you all lose sight of God's will in all of this?  How can you possibly think you are on a righteous path?  Bob, Gailon, I believe that you have now fully purchased your defeat.... not only in the law suit but also in the court of public opinion. 

GrandmaNettie, I feel quite sorry for you as this has obviously hit a raw nerve with you. You sound rather irrational, bitter, vindictive and ready to grasp at straws and 'BLAME' Gailon and Bob for every perceived wrong, whether it be logical or not. Maybe, you need to stand aside, re-read what you have written and in the clear light of day, assess just what is going on in your head.

It was WT's allegations alone which alerted any of us to the fact the FHB was his son. Otherwise, none would have been any the wiser. Is this too close to home for you, that you retaliate with such venom and with little regard for facts?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up