Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank you God  (Read 13142 times)

Ozzie

Thank you God
« on: March 24, 2008, 02:45:51 PM »

I just want to publicly thank our Saviour yet once again, for saving our younger son's life.

He was returning home after a 'contact visit' with his son, with his 7 year-old step daughter in the car, when his brakes 'gave out' and the car rolled. The car is a total write-off, with the roof down level with the dash, but they got out with just small scratches and bruising.

He still had a fair way to get home and no way of getting there, so an SDA Pastor we knew, kindly went and picked them up.

Holy angels just had to be riding with them, and we can never thank God enough, for saving his life so many countless times.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Johann

Re: Thank you God
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 08:54:59 PM »

His life must have a purpose

Ozzie

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 02:11:42 AM »

His life must have a purpose

I'll show him your post tomorrow evening when he finally arrives here (by bus) Johann, to reinforce what we continually tell him. There have been several occasions that the odds were that he should never survive, but here is still is, and confided to the Pastor who picked him up from the hospital, that he's hoping to have custody of his son after he turns 10 in April 2009, and first thing he wants to do is get him into Pathfinders! He has come so far. If only he'd take that extra step of commitment, but then... I'm being impatient. It has to be God's time, not mine!
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 07:27:50 PM »

What a great story, Ozzie!  I agree with Johann - his life must have a purpose.  And God saw fit to give him extra time to find it!  Praise the Lord!!

I was watching Oprah one day when she was talking about how God communicates with us sometimes.  First, He might whisper to try to get our attention.  If that doesn't work, He raises His voice a bit.  If that doesn't work - well - sometimes He has to put a brick wall in our path to get our attention!!  I'll bet He has a bit more of your son's attention now!

Ozzie

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 11:14:11 PM »

What a great story, Ozzie!  I agree with Johann - his life must have a purpose.  And God saw fit to give him extra time to find it!  Praise the Lord!!

I was watching Oprah one day when she was talking about how God communicates with us sometimes.  First, He might whisper to try to get our attention.  If that doesn't work, He raises His voice a bit.  If that doesn't work - well - sometimes He has to put a brick wall in our path to get our attention!!  I'll bet He has a bit more of your son's attention now!

He sure has, for the umpteenth time! Each time, he is so much nearer to God.

I guess when we look back, it's then we realise how far he's come and how impatient we are at times. Just so many people praying for him over the years too.  :praying: He is saying now that it will be his responsibility to work to lead other family members back to God. Guess we never thought we'd hear that.
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

guide4him

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 06:55:40 PM »

Praise God for all blessings flow...

your son's guardian angel has been pretty busy for a long time. Your familys'  :praying: in your son's behalf are testimony of God's ever present watchfulness and care.

When we get to heaven your son and his guardian angel will have a fantastic visit about how the angel kept close watch over him all those years. I believe his experiences he has had already is his personal testimony to God's abundant LOVE to him and to his family and friends and point them to Christ.

Lil Star

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 08:56:57 AM »

Oh my Ozzie!!!   I am so glad to hear that he is okay.  :praying:That must be terrible for everyone involved. I am forever praying for your son. I hope he is doing well otherwise?
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Ozzie

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 06:53:18 PM »

Oh my Ozzie!!!   I am so glad to hear that he is okay.  :praying:That must be terrible for everyone involved. I am forever praying for your son. I hope he is doing well otherwise?

Hi Lil. Yes. He's doing so well. One would never think it's the same person that we spoke about say 8-10 years ago. His son has just turned 9 and loves being with his Dad and can't wait till he's old enough to have 'his say' and come and live with his Dad and see us more often.  :thumbsup:

We needed to make that move though and push them all out of the 'nest', when we moved here. It's been hard (for them and us), but it's lovely to talk to them now and hear how far he's come. He believes that it's his duty now to lead his older brother and younger sister, back to God. Did you ever think we'd see that day? Many times, we didn't.
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

Lil Star

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 11:32:41 PM »

I'm am so very glad he is doing so well. I remember a time when he wasn't and there were so many prayers ascending to heaven for your family. Those seem like years and decades ago and they have been years, just not decades. It makes me proud and not only that but gives me some encouragement with one of my boys. Maybe two of them but at least the one. He is so hard to manage right now. Your son has definitely come a full circle and from what you say, has done marvelous! I am so happy for you. God does work wonders in a persons life. Look what He has done for me so far. I have had my bumps in the road, some major hills and then, some that seem so huge that I find it hard to take the next step in my walk of faith. 
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Ozzie

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 11:51:24 PM »

I'm am so very glad he is doing so well. I remember a time when he wasn't and there were so many prayers ascending to heaven for your family. Those seem like years and decades ago and they have been years, just not decades. It makes me proud and not only that but gives me some encouragement with one of my boys. Maybe two of them but at least the one. He is so hard to manage right now. Your son has definitely come a full circle and from what you say, has done marvelous! I am so happy for you. God does work wonders in a persons life. Look what He has done for me so far. I have had my bumps in the road, some major hills and then, some that seem so huge that I find it hard to take the next step in my walk of faith. 

We all have 'bumps' in the road Lil, but the important thing is that we do the 'U' turn and come back to God.

Yes. Back in those horror-filled days, we never knew if we'd be hearing that he was dead or worse. Every time we saw the Police, we'd be expecting the worst. It was amazing that he recovered at all, after the attempt on his life. The doctors told us that as they didn't know how long he'd been without Oxygen, there was no guarantee of what brain damage he would have. We didn't pray just that he be brought back but rather, "if he would give his heart to God and could be used in the Lord's work somewhere, then please Lord, bring him back". He can't do heavy work because of his shoulder injury, but what a far cry from seeing him placed on the rescue chopper on life-support, not knowing whether he'd even be alive by the time the chopper landed at the major hospital he was flown to.

When we look back, we wonder how any of us came through that period. For both of our sons to come through those times is a miracle Lil, but there were so many prayers ascending to Heaven on their and our behalf. The eldest son has changed a lot for the better, but he is still resistant to any spiritual overtures. Says "I'm not doing all those bad things now", so all we can do is pray for him.
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

Lil Star

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 07:13:15 AM »

Well my friend Ozzie, I will still continue to pray for your family as well as you.  :praying:
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough
Pages: [1]   Go Up