Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Wedding Bells In the Air  (Read 55844 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: Wedding Bells In the Air
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2011, 11:26:55 AM »

Thank you, Grat!!!  No, you are not stupid!  I thought I was because I also have to read Tinka's post several times to get her meaning, and I did very well in English all through school, even helping others with their papers through college, to this day where I proof papers for friends and family all the time.

Fact is, when I first came across one of your posts, Tinka, I asked you if English was your first language and/or where you were from orginally, do you remember that?  So, that is why I asked you about the "berry" comment.  I really didn't believe you meant for the comment to say what it seemed to say.  No need for you to get defensive, I really was giving you the benefit of the doubt. 

Oh My My Tinka - I was educated in American Schools, after 3rd grade all Adventist, and I have never heard the English language used in the way you write.  Sometimes I have to read what you say two or three times and still don't get what you are trying to say.  And I am not stupid!!  One of the problems with communicating this way is that you can't see the other persons face.  Face to face give you a lot of clues as to what the other person means, is it serious or a joke ect.  You may not realize it but you come across, to me at least, as judgmental and like you have a direct line to the Holy Spirit as to what is right and wrong because you have read all of Mrs. Whites writings.  A person can not have a conversation of give and take with someone like that.
  AS to Mrs. Obama, have you never had a picture of yourself taken that you wished you could destroy?  Are you sure that that "@Walmart" picture has not been photo-shopped?   I am not a big fan of our President but have always thought of Michelle as a very classy lady.  So she doesn't dress like you, is that a crime against humanity? 
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2011, 05:39:53 AM »

Really? I find the same problem with reading Di's post too. Could it be our age creeping in? :ROFL:

childoftheking

« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2011, 05:54:54 AM »

Tinka, I can read Di's fine. Yours are a little iffy. I thought English must not be your first language. The phrasing is difficult for me to decipher. But keep posting and don't get discouraged.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2011, 10:36:35 AM »

childoftheking,
About 2 years ago I had to have some dental work and had a couple of implants bonegrafs and I went to a unversity to have it done thinking while the professors were there all would be rightly done. When I had main surgeries many mistakes were made by students and have endured much pain and pressure all this time and eye seems to bulge now from the pressure. They denied any wrong doing and told me to get another dr outside for any side effects. My nose and face is numb. Severe headaches, and pressure. I cannot focus well now and my balance is not good and have fallen a few times. Had to get help so went to a main state clinic and other university to show that infection has been for 2 years. I am having surgery on June 13 th hopefully to get it all corrected to remove infection 3 teeth and cists from prolonged non treatment on their part. It now will be lawyers (had no choice cause they had my money and I now need it to get fixed) and more mess. Having to deal with much and the worst is living without my husband. I am thankful for my belief and knowing there is God.

childoftheking

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2011, 11:17:02 AM »

Sounds miserable. I hope your health problems can be fixed. Did your husband pass away? I am so sorry it if that happened. I know you  have been going through a lot but I guess I didn't realize you had lost him. I must have missed reading about that if you posted it.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2011, 11:53:08 AM »

Yes, on Feb 9 he went to take a bath that eve as we worked on my invention that very day. He was an engineer on most everything and told me my idea would work. at 9:30 I wanted to ask him a question and really thought he was taking pretty long and as I opened the door I was in horror and really have not come out of it yet. I pounded and pounded to revive him. But my daughter who is a nurse told me it was instant as the two gashes of face from falling never bleed.  Jesus took him gently as he could. In an instant and he never knew and he never suffered but I know he is sealed with Jesus. He gave all his life to anyone he could, was faithful and loved and befriended everyone even when his whole life work they took. I know that his belief could not be shook and surely Jesus knew too.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:00:32 PM by tinka »

childoftheking

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2011, 03:06:19 PM »

That must have been difficult because you had no warning. Still, you can be thankful because he probably didn't suffer.

GRAT

« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2011, 09:39:13 PM »

So sorry Tinka, sounds like you have had just about more than a person can take.  Will be praying for your surgery, that is goes well and is successful.  Keep posting as it is good for all our brains to work a little harder.   :puppykisses:

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2011, 09:53:18 PM »

:goodpost:
So sorry Tinka, sounds like you have had just about more than a person can take.  Will be praying for your surgery, that is goes well and is successful.  Keep posting as it is good for all our brains to work a little harder.   :puppykisses:
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2011, 09:54:27 PM »

Tinka: I pray the Lord's blessings on you. Sorry to hear about your husband! I consider you a true friend, as we have communicated on this forum or through PM. You are an inspiration to me! May God Bless you!
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2011, 11:48:56 PM »

Tinka, you know that we disagree on most things here an din life in general, but you also know that you are in my prayers.  We have had quite a bit of loss in my family also. It is never easy.  I also add your issues with you surgery, and that all will be well with you soon.  God's continued love, comfort, and healing to you and your family.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2011, 04:45:23 AM »

Thank you to all for prayer and care. It's been a long trial in many ways. I look forward to feeling better after the surgery.

christian

« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2011, 04:30:37 AM »

Tinka, you know that we disagree on most things here an din life in general, but you also know that you are in my prayers.  We have had quite a bit of loss in my family also. It is never easy.  I also add your issues with you surgery, and that all will be well with you soon.  God's continued love, comfort, and healing to you and your family.
Princess, as always being the princess you are. We all have problems in this life but we have to focus on the blessings the Lord has given us. I know that God love all even the African that is living on the street with only one set of cloths, God loves them. And because the bible makes it abundantly clear that "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish." Loving everyone is the theme of the Bible, no matter what their differences in opinion might be, we cannot judge the heart. Tinka, you are in my prayers that your surgery will go well. 

childoftheking

« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2011, 04:41:00 AM »

And christian, might I say that God loves all - even the king in his castle or the executive in  his penthouse who thinks he is better than others and doesn't feel his need of God even though some of the most humble are much closer to the kingdom of heaven than they.

Your use of the word even sticks me. As if you thought being African or homeless made him "less than" although he was loved by God "anyway". Reminds me of the song we used to sing "Jesus loves the little children. All the children of the world. Red or yellow, black or white - All are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world."

Equally! And then when they get older are they not still loved? Equally?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:05:22 AM by childoftheking »

christian

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2011, 01:24:53 AM »

And christian, might I say that God loves all - even the king in his castle or the executive in  his penthouse who thinks he is better than others and doesn't feel his need of God even though some of the most humble are much closer to the kingdom of heaven than they.

Your use of the word even sticks me. As if you thought being African or homeless made him "less than" although he was loved by God "anyway". Reminds me of the song we used to sing "Jesus loves the little children. All the children of the world. Red or yellow, black or white - All are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world."

Equally! And then when they get older are they not still loved? Equally?
I was not trying to imply that God's love was less for them or that they were less in my eye sight. I was speaking from my own experience with the poverty that I have witness. Sometimes it leads one to ask the question where is God? But the bible makes it clear that God loves all. even Jesus himself seemed rejected of God a man of sorrow and of grief. And yes, God loves even the richest man in the castle or the executive or the millionaire too. But some countries and cultures seem to bear a greater burden of suffering and sorrow than others, it is from this light that I am speaking.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up