Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Wedding Bells In the Air  (Read 55265 times)

tinka

• Veteran Member
Re: Wedding Bells In the Air
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 03:39:01 AM »

Di,
Look again from the waist down, very very revealing to what is under. Thighs, thighs, and more thighs.  Also can't be more flamboyant then that dress. Even the arrows pointing up make more distinction. Di I am a seamstress and design wedding dresses in my time and that is probably why I instantly see outward appearances of "vanity". I know how to sew with conservative class that is not a displayer of body but beauty that one already has. For a few years have you seen a wedding dress that is not strapless? Dress in a manner that reflects ones true character either good or bad. The outward appearance shows up immediately. You can take a dress and make everything point to the the vitality and glory of ones inner beauty that does not display instant view of body parts. The art is no longer seen much as the earrings and jewelry take away from the beauty of sparkly eyes, shiney healty conservative styled hair and cleanliness of teeth, skin and etc. and yet the gown can be beautifully designed.

Laugh I know you never thought why I liked the Queen of England although she does wear the jewels but the rest of her is immaculate care and complete conservative dress,that everyone can do for public viewing and for way less expensive. and I do know she has been known to take a smoke now and then which since learning that shows flaws of intelligance. I also have a very favorite tv show that I really get much humor out of. I like the BBC and keeping up with appearances. That is right up there past I love "Lucy". then on one side of family is from England so guess it sort of came through a little and other side is Slovenian probably the one that gives me the cooking instinct. (laugh) Since my love has went to rest I finally don't have the desire much anymore.

GRAT

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 10:49:42 AM »

As a woman, I am appalled that another woman would be so desperate to be married that she would put all common sense aside and be the 4th wife.  Maybe she has some other ulterior motive.  This is an educated woman who should know better.  If someone has been divorced twice the red lights should be flashing in your head no matter what he tells you. 

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 11:41:16 PM »

So this is the next Mrs. Danny Lee Shelton to be? Is there confirmation on this or just guessing?
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 10:44:17 AM »

It's not supposed to be just guessing. We've heard about it from different directions.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 11:33:06 AM »

Adam, can you probe about and get us a date? We'd like to have a presence at the reception...
like wedding crashers but with cameras.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

So this is the next Mrs. Danny Lee Shelton to be? Is there confirmation on this or just guessing?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 04:39:58 PM »

GJ, please tell me you would not do this!  LOL!!!  Well, we know now, if all is true, that this will be a very far away,very secret, destination event.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 04:46:59 PM »

Tinka, praise God that He knows all about His children. This woman is completely covered and you still saw "sexiness" in her dress.  Hate to tell you, but that is not her failing.  I have seen many a dress with this design in many version, I can say what you have suggested has never, ever even occurred to me.  I will continue to "lift" you up before God, if nothing else but to get your mind up from the curb

Di,
Look again from the waist down, very very revealing to what is under. Thighs, thighs, and more thighs.  Also can't be more flamboyant then that dress. Even the arrows pointing up make more distinction. Di I am a seamstress and design wedding dresses in my time and that is probably why I instantly see outward appearances of "vanity". I know how to sew with conservative class that is not a displayer of body but beauty that one already has. For a few years have you seen a wedding dress that is not strapless? Dress in a manner that reflects ones true character either good or bad. The outward appearance shows up immediately. You can take a dress and make everything point to the the vitality and glory of ones inner beauty that does not display instant view of body parts. The art is no longer seen much as the earrings and jewelry take away from the beauty of sparkly eyes, shiney healty conservative styled hair and cleanliness of teeth, skin and etc. and yet the gown can be beautifully designed.

Laugh I know you never thought why I liked the Queen of England although she does wear the jewels but the rest of her is immaculate care and complete conservative dress,that everyone can do for public viewing and for way less expensive. and I do know she has been known to take a smoke now and then which since learning that shows flaws of intelligance. I also have a very favorite tv show that I really get much humor out of. I like the BBC and keeping up with appearances. That is right up there past I love "Lucy". then on one side of family is from England so guess it sort of came through a little and other side is Slovenian probably the one that gives me the cooking instinct. (laugh) Since my love has went to rest I finally don't have the desire much anymore.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2011, 10:07:14 AM »

Like I say Di, It may never occur to you about the dress but being conservative and into dressmaking, I would never consider that dress as an asset to ones own beauty. Yes I can see too much body that is "over the hill" sort of to speak. I suggest she cover it up. It is no different then a 200 pounder set into tight jeans. uggg my worst pet peeves. From behind....ugglllly. Guess the closeness of the picture really set me back as it really does appear there is not even a slip under it. The middle also looks like see through.  I really don't look for those things unless it jumps out. No that is not a good dress for a Christain women. I remember back in the 40's when they called this type of dress. Hotsy Totsy..... :ROFL:

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 12:21:03 PM »

Ok, so now you are sounding like my Grandmother in regards to the slip.  She had a problem with women who did not wear slips!  LOL!! 

Anyway, God bless you for allowing the Lord to work with your mind in this area.  Lord knows where you would of been without Him......seeing the suggestion of sex even where there is none.

childoftheking

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »

Di, I never thought about those things either and wasn't judgemental about others dress. However my husband set me straight about what men think about those things (many of them think it is deliberate, that the women are aware of it and that they are being a tease) and after visiting an amish area with my sister in law and brother in law one day I heard plenty of remarks from the brother in law about their women not wearing slips and how "you could see right through them" and how their dress was supposed to be modest and how immodest it was because they didn't wear a slip. Since then I have always worn a slip. I hadn't even noticed it the whole time we were there but my husband agreed with him.

I doubt wemen even thinik about it that much. I know I didn't. But this week after sitting accross from one of the sisters when she crossed her legs I have just about decided that maybe I should wear slacks to church. I know she was totally unaware of her indescretion. My husband used to talk about a mother and daughter (very prim and proper) who were in his Sabbath School Class and he was afraid to look in their direction because they "sat like farmers" (his words and no disrespecy to farmers).

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2011, 06:51:07 AM »

Adam, can you probe about and get us a date? We'd like to have a presence at the reception...
like wedding crashers but with cameras.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Do you think they would send me an invitation? Danny, Molly, maybe even Cindy? I'd love to attend!
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 05:01:43 PM »

The problem, COTK, is that this makes women responsible for the dirty minds of men, instead of men truly and wholly submitting those minds to the Lord and allowing Him to deliver them.  So now women have to go around looking like Lord knows what just in case some man gets turned on by the pattern in her dress, never mind that it is A-line, long and up to the the neck, now it can even be too pretty. 

On judgement day they willnot be allowed to say it was her dress, no more than anybody else blaming someone else for their failings.  It sounds lik Genesis after Adam and Eve ate of the fruit and God came down.  Adam said, "the woman you gave me........".  Eve said, "the serpent........"  It didnt' work with God that day and it won't work on Judgement Day.

So when men have a problem with what women are wearing they ought to think to pray. What do they do when they are at work? Riding down the street and they just happen to have to ride down "the stroll"? When they are in situations with women whose dress they cannot control?  What happens when a women comes to your church inthe best that she has and that might be short, tight, no slip?  This is why they should allow God to help them with this problem, and it is their problem.  That way no matter what a woman is wearing, it is not a problem, because God has cleansed their mind, delivered them from this weakness. 

Di, I never thought about those things either and wasn't judgemental about others dress. However my husband set me straight about what men think about those things (many of them think it is deliberate, that the women are aware of it and that they are being a tease) and after visiting an amish area with my sister in law and brother in law one day I heard plenty of remarks from the brother in law about their women not wearing slips and how "you could see right through them" and how their dress was supposed to be modest and how immodest it was because they didn't wear a slip. Since then I have always worn a slip. I hadn't even noticed it the whole time we were there but my husband agreed with him.

I doubt wemen even thinik about it that much. I know I didn't. But this week after sitting accross from one of the sisters when she crossed her legs I have just about decided that maybe I should wear slacks to church. I know she was totally unaware of her indescretion. My husband used to talk about a mother and daughter (very prim and proper) who were in his Sabbath School Class and he was afraid to look in their direction because they "sat like farmers" (his words and no disrespecy to farmers).

childoftheking

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 05:58:08 PM »

I don't think it makes a woman responsible for what a man does but life is what it is and I'm just being realistic about the effect it can have. In an ideal world a woman could walk down the street naked (think garden of Eden) and no problem. This ain't Eden.

childoftheking

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 03:59:59 AM »

I'm not talking about placing the blame but about practical self defense against perhaps rape, murder or even just simple embarassing misunderstandings. This defense is not 100% effective, far from it. There are predators out there that will target a 90 year old woman because she is weak not sexy. There are men out there that might consider a woman wearing a burka to be at fault because she is still a temptation to him.

I'm not ashamed of my gender. I have enjoyed being a wife, mother, sister and daughter. I don't live my life in fear but I don't leave my keys in my car or flash big wads of money around either. This is the real world. Not every man is or will be converted. Not every man controls his actions.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 02:42:07 PM »

Those are not the same at all.  Rape is a crime of power more than sex.  And I don't care is a woman is naked......no means no, you can't take a man too far, it is NOT her fault because she was dress nice for the date, and all the other excuses given to blame women for men's lack on control.  Converted or not, even amongst atheist there is rape.  Don't touch what doesn't belong to you(do we not remember being taught this?).  What happen to holding someone responsible for their actions?  Rape is a crime in civil law, not just biblical/religious.  IOW, Amnon would have been convicted by the state for the rape of his sister, Tamar, if they lived today.

Now, don't get me wrong....there ARE women who dress provocatively to get that type of ........uh... attention, but most don't.  That is an entirely different situation dealing with one's self esteem, emotional issues, etc. 

Women could never get dressed in tihe morning trying to figure what which outfit won't turn a man on, including the ones she doesn't even know.  Some like skimpy. Others, a women covered and the "mystery of it all", Still other like something in between all of that. Beleive me,  no matter what women have on, some man finds it attractive.  Far too much koolaid drinking in this area. Every culture that requires that women "cover up" does so, figuring the men will behave themselves, or not be tempted or some such nonsense.  Think about those orthodox LDS members those little girls are covered from day one, yet those nasty buzzards are running around marrying 14 & 15 year olds.

I'm not ashamed of my gender. I have enjoyed being a wife, mother, sister and daughter. I don't live my life in fear but I don't leave my keys in my car or flash big wads of money around either. This is the real world. Not every man is or will be converted. Not every man controls his actions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up