Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Alex!  (Read 6880 times)

Adam

• Veteran Member
Happy Birthday Alex!
« on: March 19, 2011, 05:14:26 PM »

Today is Alex Walker's 25th Birthday! I want to wish him a happy one, and that God will continue to be with him throughout the situation he is involved in! Happy Birthday, Alex!
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: Happy Birthday Alex!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 05:31:09 PM »

And a very Happy Birthday and rest assured the Lord is with you!!!

May you hold as true as the Needle to the Pole and be as firm as the Rock of Gibraltar.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 05:41:28 PM »

Happy Birthday Alex, stay strong, and I wish for you an enjoyable and prosperous future! 
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 06:31:33 PM »

Happy Birthday Alex!!  God continue to bless you!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 07:22:30 PM »

Today is Alex Walker's 25th Birthday! I want to wish him a happy one, and that God will continue to be with him throughout the situation he is involved in! Happy Birthday, Alex!

Let me join in with the others in wishing you a happy 25th birthday, Alex. May God bless you.

Johann

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 09:14:53 PM »

And how would we all like to be 25 years old again???  Dream on, eh??

I was working for AIG's Ski Liability Group and facing the Landmark James Sunday vs Stratton Mountain ski liability case that changed forever the presumption of assumed risk on the downhill trails...Judge Underhill, later to be a Vt. Supreme Court Justice, instructed the jury they could find liability if they felt Stratton Mountain could be held liable for the groomed trail condition, including the manmade mogul that Sunday hit, sending him into a tree fracturing C-5, C-6 and C-7 and severing the spinal cord and turning him into a Quadraplegic. We lost big-time and hit with a 2.4 Million Award, more than all the Ski Liability Premium in NH and Vt at the time. By October I would be hand delivering cancellations to every ski area in Vermont and getting sued and served as the resident agent for AIG/Aetna by every one of the Ski Areas that would be without coverage for the beginning of the ski season in November.  What a way to start a career!!!

Funny thing is, everyone thought I must be tough as nails to take it all so calmly and got more offers for jobs than I could even contemplate. So I took the position of Vice President of Client Relations and Attorney Rep for the national ICS, Inc of Williamstown and thought I really was tough as nails. Definitely went to my head and five years later I would be President of five different firms and on the board of a half dozen more. Big fish in a very little pond!!! Five years later I would be persona non grata and back at the bottom looking up. Humbling but important to holding your ego in check.

ANother five years and back on top, then five years and broke again. Five more years and back again, then five more years and everything was washed away by a severely broken system and economy. And now it is another scrape and claw to rebuild and on life goes. Just NEVER GIVE UP!!!

But, I really would not do a thing differently, have had a number of great opportunities to work with a wide variety of people and situations and enjoyed every minute of it. All about overcoming adversity and facing every battle with determination and gusto!!! Overcoming adversity at every turn. Now that is a life worth living!!! Got whacked, and whacked back!!! Always in pursuit of justice...Alex, I hope you have a load of adversity to mold you into a man in pursuit of justice, and may the Lord be with you. AND NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 09:20:40 PM by Gailon Arthur Joy »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 11:11:22 AM »

Happy birthday, Alex! (One day late.)

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 08:29:26 PM »

Thank you all for the kind words and Birthday wishes! They are greatly appreciated. I look forward to the future, and many many more years. :) Again, thank you all!
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1]   Go Up