Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Bravo to Elizabeth the Queen" the Wedding  (Read 3952 times)

tinka

• Veteran Member
"Bravo to Elizabeth the Queen" the Wedding
« on: May 03, 2011, 06:41:20 AM »

I watched every minute in awe. Not because of the wedding but the "Worship Of God" that was so awesome. Then I realized the sacredness of command and demand by the woman of great leadership on perfectionism the best she could to honor the God of Heaven from the people that were present in the church and in the streets.

I listened very carefully at every word ministered and every beautiful christian song of worship sung. To my great amazement not one thing of the wedding couple was brought first before the worship of God. It was humbling to see this great enormous feat that this 80+ year old women commands of the people. William--no wedding ring--Kate's ring so thin little and no value seemingly. There was no kiss in the church but later only at the "house" before the public audience. No not one thing to give credence to the humble servants that came to the "worship service" in humble humility to be wed.

The wedding couple was portrayed in the service as humble servants that came to
God to be wed and honored him first in all things. The ministers gave the sacredness of the man and woman and for what reason they came together in a superb and well stated manner. Then in amazement the cameras wondered casually across the two in Congregation of "Elton John" appearances. Several times it showed the two singing the sacred hymns and songs. What a witness to this great service with no holds barred.

From the trail of people that filed in and the roving camera you could notice one thing. No one entered the church without complete acknowledgement of the Queens demand of the most conservative dress style. Hats, yes but never a low neck completely covered with the most exquisite designs of beautiful simplicity.

Expensive yes, but the demand dress of the Queen entering what she felt was the best perfection coming into the presence of Worship to God was evidently a very well established comand. Not one woman in pants, even the actions were in the walk, stance and movements. Either the hands were straight down at sides or folded in front in complete respect entering the church. No flamboyant hair that could be seen. Was either covered or refined. I looked for much...but the code was there and no one entered without it.

As for the people all standing outside in droves of thousands, they joined in the hymns as all the sacred music was handed to them in books to make sure they had the words to worship the same as inside the church. The people of that nation on that day as the sun peaked out as they entered the church into the best perfection to the worship of God that could be had was I believe "excepted for a high day".

No matter what the Queen is or does she commanded and demanded a perfect worship to her God and I acknowledged that beyond anything else. I heard the commentators talking while waiting for the couple to come out on the balcony for "the kiss".  They wondered why it was taking so long and the one commentator stated that everyone is being arranged to their coming out and where to stand. The other commentator stated and said that you would think the wedding planner would already have that arranged. Then the other stated that she is...the planner of all things.. Yes, she is and as I watched, I saw great respect for the people to follow that and do so.
 I really wanted to comment on this as I saw her direction to her people that loved her and wondered.....where are we in worship style???? as an SDA church!!  Hers was in UNITY. and Sacred with seemingly no spots or wrinkles at least seen by the eye. Yes, many things in the closet but her commands are in honor of what I visually saw happen and in her heart gave lead to the people in a most sacred way.

If Jesus had a robe of perfection coming for us in the great event with his Kingly Robes, why is it not the same with us to go into His presence of worship? why do we want to make scenes of attention getting attire including hair of hollywood styles? This was quite directed  and respected to the family giving the direction of worhip to the nation and people the queen directs.  Her doctrine may not be perfect but to what she knows is to the best of her power and office.  This is what took my attention to the "wedding of William and Kate".

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: "Bravo to Elizabeth the Queen" the Wedding
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 02:56:09 PM »

I really enjoyed the tradition and pageantry of the royal weddings also, Tinka(well,most things British).  I even love that there was a dress code.  I had a secret desire to experience an authentic British High Tea many years ago, and God made that desire a reality, and with a simply charming companion.  I know it was Him because it was a desire I never spoke aloud.

But, Tinka, no Flamboyant hair?  Some of those hats were more flamboyant than hair could ever be!  Now don't get me wrong. I LOVED, them(in fact, my last and next Women's Day programs encourage the women to wear their best hats), but how could you over looked those hats, I know you didn't like those?  They were all about getting attention for one's self.  Now, the other reason I love those hats is because it reminds of my Grandmother and the other ladies of her time that would not enter the church without a hat or "bare' headed"  a they would put it.  Lovely memory.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
Re: "Bravo to Elizabeth the Queen" the Wedding
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 04:27:53 PM »

lol, I agree. some of the hats were just a little much but I noticed that Fergie's girls were very noticable Not the best dressed and sort of sloppy.  lol bet they got that out of America.  I do like a hat but simple. Matter of fact a brimed one. smile. Sun has always bothered my eyes cause they are light but still love the sun.

I'll tell ya Di, just don't know how to handle this grief. Feels like my mind is not the best and the days are all the same like yesterday.  Today was hard as I walked out the door and across the neighbor's a lilac bush was blooming. I remembered last spring when we were no longer on the farm. My husband must have went and picked one lilac bunch and I woke that moring with it by my nose to smell it on my pillow. I am praying but this cut is so hard for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up