Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden  (Read 5423 times)

Adam

• Veteran Member
Osama Bin Laden
« on: May 04, 2011, 04:35:45 PM »

Ding, Dong, the witch is Dead! Praise the Lord.  One thing to say to Osama, Burn Baby, Burn!
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 02:02:32 PM »

LOL!!!  Now, Adam why you have to use the song from one of my favorite classic movies?!!!

Ok, on the serious side....FULLY support President Obama's decision not to disclose pics for the usual reasons, including the need to see this is just morbid and feeding some really sick obsession.  Conspiracy theorists and likeminded folks won't believe it no matter what they show. 

I think we live in a time when we believe we need to know everything.  Even within the system of security clearances, and we can see from the news reports, that there is a little thing called "Need to Know".  No matter what your clearance level, if you don't need to know, they don't tell you.  Therefore, I believe that all this Monday night quarterbacking on the operation is useless.  OML had a gun, no he didn't have a gun, but he resisted arrest(believe this because most people who resist arrest do not have a gun.), there was a fire fight, there was very little fire coming from any household security.  One thing that I believe that most are not considering is if OBL would even allow himself to be taken alive.  I don't think so, if we think about their beliefs and giving their lives for their cause, etc.  I also don't believe he had to resist much for them to kill him.....afterall one thing that has been consistent, they were in there on 40 mins, including clearing out all evidence. 
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 04:20:25 PM »

Di, what if he was really under house arrest in that house, and thus a prisoner of sorts? Would that make any difference?

News reports have said they didn't know whether Osama was in that house or not when they went in there. What if he really wasn't and they killed the wrong guy, and dumped the body in the ocean so no one would ever know? If they knew for sure they had killed Osama, why did they do DNA tests after the fact, after they had already removed the body from the country?

Now if people who have honest questions are suddenly all conspiracy theorists and kooks, then let's be consistent: Linda Shelton must have committed adultery simply because Danny said so, and anyone who questions that is a conspiracy theorist or kook.

The fact of the matter is that they showed pictures of Sadam's dead sons, and they showed pictures of Sadam after being captured. But as far as Osama's death goes, all we have is their word for it ... and a fake picture that circulated in some news channels.

I personally think our leaders should be more accountable to their constituency than that, especially given the reputation politicians have for prevarication.

Now if a particular politician had a reputation for meticulous obedience to the 10 Commandments, it would be different. But if a politician feels that for the good of the country it is permissible to do what the 6th or 8th commandments tell us not to do, then it is possible that that same politician may feel it permissible to violate the 9th commandment for the alleged good of the country.

And thus, I don't think our politicians should expect us to take their word for such serious matters any more than Danny Shelton should, especially when the public and foreign countries are wondering about whether the assassination of Osama was a violation of law or not.

That favorite cliche: No one is above the law.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 05:34:39 PM »

Im just glad the scum is burning in hell!
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 07:35:44 PM »

No Bob, it wouldn't not make a difference.  he spent 10 years rubbing our faces in his horrific deed.  Whatever the situation was that day doesn't matter.......and to think about it Bob, to be honest, if we think spiritually about this thing.  OBL WAS a prisoner there, that prison was created as a circumstance of his own sins.  We know that sins carry their own consequences of condemnation, guilt, shame.  For OBL, if he didn't feel any of that, it was that he could no longer roam the free world.  So he was a prisoner, but those consequences were not the last.

Di, what if he was really under house arrest in that house, and thus a prisoner of sorts? Would that make any difference?

News reports have said they didn't know whether Osama was in that house or not when they went in there. What if he really wasn't and they killed the wrong guy, and dumped the body in the ocean so no one would ever know? If they knew for sure they had killed Osama, why did they do DNA tests after the fact, after they had already removed the body from the country?

Now if people who have honest questions are suddenly all conspiracy theorists and kooks, then let's be consistent: Linda Shelton must have committed adultery simply because Danny said so, and anyone who questions that is a conspiracy theorist or kook.

The fact of the matter is that they showed pictures of Sadam's dead sons, and they showed pictures of Sadam after being captured. But as far as Osama's death goes, all we have is their word for it ... and a fake picture that circulated in some news channels.

I personally think our leaders should be more accountable to their constituency than that, especially given the reputation politicians have for prevarication.

Now if a particular politician had a reputation for meticulous obedience to the 10 Commandments, it would be different. But if a politician feels that for the good of the country it is permissible to do what the 6th or 8th commandments tell us not to do, then it is possible that that same politician may feel it permissible to violate the 9th commandment for the alleged good of the country.

And thus, I don't think our politicians should expect us to take their word for such serious matters any more than Danny Shelton should, especially when the public and foreign countries are wondering about whether the assassination of Osama was a violation of law or not.

That favorite cliche: No one is above the law.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 09:20:16 PM »

No Bob, it wouldn't not make a difference.  he spent 10 years rubbing our faces in his horrific deed.  Whatever the situation was that day doesn't matter.......and to think about it Bob, to be honest, if we think spiritually about this thing.  OBL WAS a prisoner there, that prison was created as a circumstance of his own sins.  We know that sins carry their own consequences of condemnation, guilt, shame.  For OBL, if he didn't feel any of that, it was that he could no longer roam the free world.  So he was a prisoner, but those consequences were not the last.

I think if he was under house arrest, it would make a difference, and the situation that day does matter. We can't just go into whatever country we want to, without permission, assassinating any unarmed persons we please, if we are a Christian nation in more than just name.

And if OBL really was killed last week, we shouldn't be using his death to justify the use of torture.

And we shouldn't be demonizing people who distrust our politicians to the point that they want something more than just their word that things really happened the way they said they happened.

If OBL was killed last week, which he very well may have been, why were we told years ago that he was probably dead?

I read a report in which Judicial Watch was using OBL's death to say that enhanced interrogation techniques (aka torture) are a good thing. That's really incredible, isn't it? Sounds like Rev. 13 to me.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 10:02:48 PM »

LOL!!!  You have got tobe kidding me!  Goerge Bush(W.) walked off into Iraq and told Saddam Hussein exactly WHEN he had to be out.  Bush basically forgot he was supposed to be there looking for OBL.    Remember that is when he shifted the purposed to those oh so elusive WMD.  Now please tell me we can't do that.  There is s HUGE difference, as the US and Pakistan were cooperating in an effort to cature OBL who was reported to be in Pakistan.  Now, is Pakistan doesn't understand "need to know"(and rightly so because we don't know what part any Pakistani government and/or military played in the hiding of OBL for six years......down the street from their military headquarters), then that is their problem.  I think we already talked about the fact that you can have to highest security clearance, but if there is something you don't need to know, they don't tell you.

Now for the record I believe may not be all crooked, maybe a few, but most likely just inept in the espionage area.  however, you gotts keep an open mind for any and all scenarios.

Oh yeah, and these two things were not lost on me......."if" he was killed?  Really, Bob?  You got Al Quaida now threatening the US because they say he is dead.  That is his people.  I don't blieve they would cooperate with the US on any level, let alone some kind of wild conpiracy theory.   That takes a tremendous amount of trust.

Also, we do agree opon the fact that Dick Chaney and his group is  running around tryna claim the glory due to some torture.  That is definitely wrong.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 05:50:00 AM »

Oh yeah, and these two things were not lost on me......."if" he was killed?  Really, Bob?  You got Al Quaida now threatening the US because they say he is dead.  That is his people.

What I found really strange is that when that report came out, in the one that I saw, there were no links in that report to jihadist websites so that the public could see for itself the message Al Qaeda was putting out. Some organization named SITE was claiming it, but there didn't seem to be anything in the news article that identified who SITE was, or linked to SITE's website, or established SITE's credibility.

So again, when that report came out, it was "trust us on this one, without seeing any evidence." And I'm not comfortable with that.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 04:25:12 PM »

I am sure you can google SITE if you want to find them, Bob, but I don't see our government putting out info for easy access to extremist group threatening to do harm to the US.  Do they even do that when they make these reports about terrorist groups?  Who gives out their contact info?  And once again, Bob, because this was not just an military air strike and was more of a intellgience/special forces mission, we will only get what we "need to know". 

All I gots to say is that SITE believed it and is stompin' mad about it.  I beleived from the start, but if I had any doubts once somebody got to threatening the US for his deather, that clenched it for me.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 05:29:46 PM »

Hussein and Bin Laden- are both where they belong- In eternal torment.
Billy Graham

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 08:33:33 PM »

John 5:28, 29  Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Wouldn't Osama have to wait until the resurrection of damnation before being cast into the lake of fire?

Matthew 13:39, 40  The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

It sounds like the lost will be cast into the lake of fire in the end of the world, not before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up