Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy R. Sheltons trials are upon us.  (Read 34568 times)

Adam

• Veteran Member
Tommy R. Sheltons trials are upon us.
« on: May 05, 2011, 05:44:35 PM »

The first trial is scheduled for the last week in May, and the second one is for the first week in June. Now, regardless of what the other site says....saying Tommy refuses to accept another plea deal...the truth is both victims have informed the prosecutor they are not interested in offering TS one. They are fully prepared and ready to testify against this scum bag. May justice be done, and may ALL his victims receive closure that they both desire and deserve!
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Adam

• Veteran Member
Re: Tommy R. Sheltons trials are upon us.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 06:08:36 PM »

I also want to be clear here: I do not know Tommy Shelton, nor do I hate him. To be completely honest I feel bad that he allowed himself to be placed in this situation. However, I am acquainted with a few of his victims. I have witnessed the pain and seen first hand what emotional and physical impact this has had on their lives. Especially in the last year. Prayer is needed on both sides. Prayer for the victims as well as Tommy and his family. I am well aware of the stress that both sides must be enduring. Yet, that does not relinquish the consequences that must be faced if a jury of Mr. Sheltons peers declare him guilty.       I close with this towards Tommy: Mr. Shelton: my prayer and hope is that you truley are remorseful for your actions over the past 30 or so years. I also hope that you have indeed tried to correct your errors, and have not hurt others. A day of reckoning is coming, and I hope to see you on the other side, when we gather together and worship our Lord!
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 07:42:31 PM »

I also want to be clear here: I do not know Tommy Shelton, nor do I hate him. To be completely honest I feel bad that he allowed himself to be placed in this situation. However, I am acquainted with a few of his victims. I have witnessed the pain and seen first hand what emotional and physical impact this has had on their lives. Especially in the last year. Prayer is needed on both sides. Prayer for the victims as well as Tommy and his family. I am well aware of the stress that both sides must be enduring. Yet, that does not relinquish the consequences that must be faced if a jury of Mr. Sheltons peers declare him guilty.       I close with this towards Tommy: Mr. Shelton: my prayer and hope is that you truley are remorseful for your actions over the past 30 or so years. I also hope that you have indeed tried to correct your errors, and have not hurt others. A day of reckoning is coming, and I hope to see you on the other side, when we gather together and worship our Lord!

Well said Adam!

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 12:28:45 AM »

It is my hope that Tommy has made things right with his Lord. If he has then he is my brother in Christ. Even if he has to pay for the evil he has committed. The truth is we serve a God of love and forgiveness. Even though I find his actions sick and unimaginable- I pray I will see him around the throne of Heaven one day!
Billy Graham

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 07:22:15 PM »

Amen, Adam!  I can see in your latest posts "that peace that passeth understanding".   
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 12:10:03 PM »

I want to add my own "Amen!" to Adam's posts here in this thread.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 10:59:24 PM »

I also want to be clear here: I do not know Tommy Shelton, nor do I hate him. To be completely honest I feel bad that he allowed himself to be placed in this situation. However, I am acquainted with a few of his victims. I have witnessed the pain and seen first hand what emotional and physical impact this has had on their lives. Especially in the last year. Prayer is needed on both sides. Prayer for the victims as well as Tommy and his family. I am well aware of the stress that both sides must be enduring. Yet, that does not relinquish the consequences that must be faced if a jury of Mr. Sheltons peers declare him guilty.       I close with this towards Tommy: Mr. Shelton: my prayer and hope is that you truly are remorseful for your actions over the past 30 or so years. I also hope that you have indeed tried to correct your errors, and have not hurt others. A day of reckoning is coming, and I hope to see you on the other side, when we gather together and worship our Lord!

Amen. :amen: :goodpost:

Adam, may you be blessed. A certain peace comes into one's life when they can let go of the hatred and any animosity. That is not to say for one moment, that one should condone the behaviours of such terrible actions, but there does come a point when we need to realise that God meters out the final judgement.

I believed that I could never 'let go' of the behaviours of perpetrators/abusers, but as I've studied the subject for quite a long time now, one of my lecturers showed me the extremely rigid program that perpetrators who genuinely want to be rehabilitated have to go through. I was still not prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt and said that I could never work with them (the way I've felt for over 30 years), but I'm just starting to think that MAYBE, if they meet ALL the criteria required and show genuine remorse and stick to everything that is demanded of them to demonstrate that they have indeed repented and are remorseful, perhaps (just perhaps), I could begin to work (closely supervised) with SOME perpetrators after all. Previously, my only thoughts were, lock them up with other prisoners (who will deal with them anyhow) and throw away the key.

I guess one point that this particular lecturer kept hammering home to me was that most perpetrators have been 'victims' themselves in their younger years, so have they grown up believing this is 'normal behaviour'? Definitely still not acceptable to me; especially as I've sat with so many victims over the years and heard theirs and their family's tormented stories, but then, I have tried to remind myself, that we all have behaviours that are unacceptable to God, and He forgives us, as long as we are genuinely remorseful and determine, by His Grace to change our ways.

Still not an easy one for me, but one I'm working on. However... I still believe that this behaviour should not go unpunished and the 'victims' should have all the assistance they need and see justice done.

Sam

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 12:43:24 AM »

The first trial is scheduled for the last week in May, and the second one is for the first week in June. Now, regardless of what the other site says....saying Tommy refuses to accept another plea deal...the truth is both victims have informed the prosecutor they are not interested in offering TS one. They are fully prepared and ready to testify against this scum bag. May justice be done, and may ALL his victims receive closure that they both desire and deserve!

Sorry, as anxious as you all are to get some money the criminal trial will be postponed indefinitely since TS has had a massive stroke that has done some damage to the brain. If you haven't heard from the prosecutor yet, you will. It matters not whether she is "buying it" has someone cannot fake a stroke, especially a massive stroke. An MRI, a Cat scan and an MRA have all been performed to prove the diagnosis. He has been hospitalized since Saturday night and all the medical reports are on their way from the treating doctor. The balance center of the brain is what has been damaged so he cannot keep his balance at all is extremely dizzy which in turns causes him to not be able to keep anything down. He has been on morphine as the pain in his head is excrutiating.  When the prosecutor receives the documentation I will expect her to apologize to Tommy's attorney for her pitiful attitude. FYI TS would rather be at the trial next week instead versus suffering the effects of a massive stroke. Did it ever occur to any of you that he is anxious to get this over with, be vindicated and get on with life?  When a jury sees that your side is only out for money and listens to Alex's story...let's see how does it go now?  He was molested at 11 years old when he was virginia and it traumitized and ruined his life..yet...when he was 15 he decided to go work at the place where his former molester worked! Not only that but somehow he allowed himself to be alone with this molester not just once but over and over again in a facility that employes over 125 people. Then somehow though he was 15 and a big strapping lad even then, he couldn't get away or call for help. Again the question will be asked if he was molested at 3abn how in the world would he put himself in a position for it to happen repeatedly? If he was molested in Va why would he go anywhere near where his molester worked 4 years later? Not to mention keeping it all quiet for 15 years.

There are so many holes in that story his own mother is willing to testify against him.  Before you try to deny that again, Bob Pickle has fantasized over the years that he is "quite the investigator" So Bob, I challenge you to call Alex's mother yourself and see what she has to say. After all Bob, you have always claimed to want the "truth".

If TS dies it will be on your heads as the stress of all of this has caused it. Adam maybe you really believe Alex's accusations but Alex knows none of it is true.  At the end of time Alex will cry out for the rocks and mountains to fall on his head rather than face the judgement he will reap trying to destroy a family and a ministry.

BTW your post of how you do not hate TS is so ridiculous when you have made hundreds of posts in the past months that have been full of hate, revenge and cruelty. So...I'm not buying your latest one.

And, Alex your sister says the last time you came to visit she caught you smoking pot. (Don't kill the messenger) Weird for someone who professes to be a preacher.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:09:38 AM by Sam »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 04:48:26 AM »

Sorry, as anxious as you all are to get some money the criminal trial will be postponed indefinitely since TS has had a massive stroke that has done some damage to the brain.

That may be true. But remember, Tommy has a history of "having" health problems whenever he's about to face the music, but the health problems mysteriously go away after things quiet down. That's what Roger Clem said in his 2003 letter, others have said that as well.

It matters not whether she is "buying it" has someone cannot fake a stroke, especially a massive stroke.

Massive?

The balance center of the brain is what has been damaged so he cannot keep his balance at all is extremely dizzy which in turns causes him to not be able to keep anything down. He has been on morphine as the pain in his head is excrutiating.

Then he can praise the Lord that he still has the use of both sides of his body, and can talk unimpeded.

Have all the tests confirmed that he really has had a massive stroke? Can you provide any evidence to that effect? Are these symptoms typical of a "massive" stroke?

If TS dies it will be on your heads as the stress of all of this has caused it.

If Tommy cannot handle the stress of facing the music for molesting children that he admitted to molesting, then his blood is on his own head, and no one else's.

What? Are you going to charge King David with murder for the deaths of the one who claimed to have killed Saul, and of the ones who killed Saul's son? They brought it on themselves.

Re: Adam:

BTW your post of how you do not hate TS is so ridiculous when you have made hundreds of posts in the past months that have been full of hate, revenge and cruelty. So...I'm not buying your latest one.

I think you need to have more of a forgiving spirit.

And if someone came on here and said the same thing that you just said re: an apology by Danny Shelton for covering up the child molestation allegations, diverting money from 3ABN into his own pocket, dumping Linda without evidence of biblical grounds, and suing us, if some came on here and said they didn't buy his apology, I think I would make the same response.

scratsmom

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 06:02:37 AM »

Sam, your reasoning of why the person who claims to be molested at 11 is lying is amazing! It shows that you know nothing about sexual victimization and sexual predators. I won't even try to point out all the holes in your argument, because I know it won't make any difference for you, but what you have said, in the face of so much common knowledge on the subject in even the secular world is like you coming on here to state that smoking doesn't cause cancer and that it is ridiculous to think so.  :dunno:

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 06:43:53 AM »

Sam- you are as nuts as always! Your reasoning to believe Alex was not molested is lets just say- retarded? Maybe it is you- that has suffered a brain injury to come up with that kind of logic? If Tommy dies it is no ones fault, but his own! I am positive no one will feel guilty ho has accused him. Now, even if Alex has smoked pot in the past as you claim- what does that have to do with anything?
Billy Graham

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 06:56:16 AM »

Btw-is this the same sister, Tina N. Walker, who had a child out of wed-lock with a married man? The same sister, Tina Walker, who is known for untruths? The same sister, Tina Walker, who stole money off her own parents to support her own drug addiction? If so, better get a better source of info, Sammy.
Billy Graham

childoftheking

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 07:07:04 AM »

It has been stated that there is a pattern of “illness” when he has been faced with problems. Is it possible deliberately or even subconsciously  to work oneself up into a real heart attack or stroke? One might do so out of fear and then feel it has been a way out of facing consequences. This solution is only temporary even if it works.

Tommy’s defenders repeatedly claim it is mental stress that causes his health problems. If so and he can in any way manage the stress, using it or not facing up to the cause of it would be a dangerous game to play. If the illness accidentally proved fatal, he might meet his Maker without having repented.

It has been claimed that to hold Tommy responsible for his actions would harm himself, Carol, the rest of his family, 3ABN , new converts who have come into the church through 3ABN and the church. In other words put a “guilt trip” on anyone who does not “look the other way” and pretend that a problem does not exist or never existed. But there is not just one person with testimony but rather many.

There are many people in prison today  whose  families and others are hurt by their being in prison.  Never punish an offender then because punishing them adversely affects others? But what about  leaving them at large in the community to re-offend?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 07:21:51 AM »

Are these symptoms typical of a "massive" stroke?

Absolutely not!  At least the way Sam is describing it.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 07:25:25 AM »

Sam,

Did Tommy have a massive stroke, or did he have a TIA?

A medical professional thought giving morphine for pain in the head after a stroke sounded weird. Various pages at http://www.blurtit.com/ warn against giving morphine to a massive stroke victim. One problem, these pages say, is that morphine increases one's stroke risk.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up