Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Meet Jeff Herman new counsel against 3ABN/Community Church of God.  (Read 26742 times)

Adam

• Veteran Member
Re: Meet Jeff Herman new counsel against 3ABN/Community Church of God.
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2011, 09:44:04 PM »

PrincessDi you are right. In the eyes of the law the whole church is guilty. Who will have to pay the consequences? The whole church. Why? Because they hired a pedophile to lead their congregation. Whether they knew or not makes no difference. The fact is boys was molested within their church and IN their church facility. Like my dad use to say...sometimes you have to pay for other peoples mistakes.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 12:05:37 AM »

However, I will say this, I do feel sorry for the people who was in the dark and mis-led by this hypocrite. The fact is the church will be required to pay out for hiring him and not having all the facts of his past when doing so! To be completely honest, had the church investigated him before allowing him to pastor- I would be more sympathetic towards the members. Seeing they did not- I am not!
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

JustWondering

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2011, 07:52:05 AM »

That is correct. The church will be involved as well.  They knew about Tommy Shelton, yet still allowed him to pastor their church! Documentation will prove this.  

I may also add unlike, John Manly, this firm believes there is indeed a case against the church, the leaders, and the parties associated with allowing Tommy to regain his license after they was suspended in 1985 by the Anderson Association.
Below are some questions that come to mind after reading Adam's post.

Adam, you said:"They knew about Tommy Shelton, yet still allowed him to pastor their church! Documentation will prove this."

What did the church know and how can this be proven? When you say the church, who at the church?  Was the church or someone connected to the church only aware of allegations or did they know more and is this proveable?  What did they know in or near 1985?  Did they find out more after this and not take action?

The church new of Tommy's past before hiring him to take over Bro. and Sis. Woods position.  This can be proven through countless board meeting minutes. Pastor Wood and Sister Wood are guilty parties. They knew about Tommy's past yet allowed him to pastor. They even assigned people to watch over Tommy and monitor him. Why take precautions such as these if they wasn't worried? Why would they ask Tommy to install a glass window in his office door?

When you say they new about his past, discussed it and assigned people to watch over him, I wonder what steps were taken to look into what they heard about his past?  What about his past did they know?  Did they only ask TS or those who would natually protect him or did they interview those who had accused him?  Who was the pastor at the Ezra church at this time?  Did they talk to the organization that took his license away to understand the reasons they took that action?

Adam, you said: "...and the parties associated with allowing Tommy to regain his license after they was suspended in 1985 by the Anderson Association."

Did TS regain the same license that was suspended in 1985?  Or did another organization issue him a new license?  Did the regained or new license expire and if so, was it renewed?  Who are "the parties associated with allowing Tommy to regain his license?"  Does TS still have a license?

No, he did not. However, he did through another association based out of Dun Loring Va. that Pastor Woods was the president of. Who was the parties? Pastor Wood, Glenn Dryden, Arnold Edmondson, just to name a few. I believe Tommy sent his last license back to the counsel.

I remember some bits and pieces of the information that was posted earlier on other sites, but can't remember the exact details.  Can someone post the files that were on the blacksda site or other sites that are no longer accessable?  What other documentation is available elsewhere related to the VA church and TS?

There must have been statements by people for the letter from "GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE CHURCH OF GOD IN ILLINOIS," (posted on save-3abn.com) to be sent.  If so, are these statements documented?  According to that letter, there were four reasons they suspended TS's license.

"This action was taken for the following reasons:
1. Improper counseling procedures followed by you and admitted by you.
2. Numerous charges of misconduct reported to this committee.
3. We have been advised that an investigation is underway by the West Frankfort Illinois Police Department concerning criminal sexual abuse charges against you.
4. Controversy surrounding your ministry and personal lifestyle."

After this letter was sent, I believe TS continued to pastor the Ezra Church of God.  What did those at the Ezra church know when they asked him to continue or come back as their pastor?  What about the folks that approved this?  Instead of starting to go after the last place he pastored (in VA), it makes sense to start with those who first allowed TS to continue being a pastor after the initial allegations.  If the folks from the VA church knew of any allegations they would have most likely talked to the folks at the Ezra church who allowed him to continue being their pastor.

The fact is Alex and the other victims abuse did not happen at Ezra. It happened in Dun Loring. So, that church is responsible.

That makes sense.  What I said above was looking at it from a general perspective.

Looking back now it is easy to say that the General Assembly of the Church of God in IL made the right decision.

By the way, wouldn't it be best to wait until after the criminal trials before starting civil cases?

The fact is the church knew this was coming....One huge question is why didn't John Manly want to go after the church? The fact is there is a case against them, and will be perused.

Thanks to anyone that is able to provide any answers or additional information.

Edit- My responses are in the italic text

Please see my response above in bolded red.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2011, 09:14:01 PM »

That is correct. The church will be involved as well.  They knew about Tommy Shelton, yet still allowed him to pastor their church! Documentation will prove this. 

I may also add unlike, John Manly, this firm believes there is indeed a case against the church, the leaders, and the parties associated with allowing Tommy to regain his license after they was suspended in 1985 by the Anderson Association.
Below are some questions that come to mind after reading Adam's post.

Adam, you said:"They knew about Tommy Shelton, yet still allowed him to pastor their church! Documentation will prove this."

What did the church know and how can this be proven? When you say the church, who at the church?  Was the church or someone connected to the church only aware of allegations or did they know more and is this proveable?  What did they know in or near 1985?  Did they find out more after this and not take action?

The church new of Tommy's past before hiring him to take over Bro. and Sis. Woods position.  This can be proven through countless board meeting minutes. Pastor Wood and Sister Wood are guilty parties. They knew about Tommy's past yet allowed him to pastor. They even assigned people to watch over Tommy and monitor him. Why take precautions such as these if they wasn't worried? Why would they ask Tommy to install a glass window in his office door?

When you say they new about his past, discussed it and assigned people to watch over him, I wonder what steps were taken to look into what they heard about his past?  What about his past did they know?  Did they only ask TS or those who would natually protect him or did they interview those who had accused him?  Who was the pastor at the Ezra church at this time?  Did they talk to the organization that took his license away to understand the reasons they took that action?

I am unsure. I believe that Arnold Edmondson or Glenn Dryden was the pastor at Ezra at this time. I am saying Byron and Gail Woods was keenly aware of the allegations of Tommy.  Tommy even admits that in one of his open letters. Of course they didn't interview those who had accused him...they Took Tommy's word! So, I would assume that No they did not talk to the Anderson Association.  They took Tommy's word and hired him! Look what happened now? You have at least two men who have been molested in that church, and God only knows how many more!

Adam, you said: "...and the parties associated with allowing Tommy to regain his license after they was suspended in 1985 by the Anderson Association."

Did TS regain the same license that was suspended in 1985?  Or did another organization issue him a new license?  Did the regained or new license expire and if so, was it renewed?  Who are "the parties associated with allowing Tommy to regain his license?"  Does TS still have a license?

No, he did not. However, he did through another association based out of Dun Loring Va. that Pastor Woods was the president of. Who was the parties? Pastor Wood, Glenn Dryden, Arnold Edmondson, just to name a few. I believe Tommy sent his last license back to the counsel.

I remember some bits and pieces of the information that was posted earlier on other sites, but can't remember the exact details.  Can someone post the files that were on the blacksda site or other sites that are no longer accessable?  What other documentation is available elsewhere related to the VA church and TS?

There must have been statements by people for the letter from "GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE CHURCH OF GOD IN ILLINOIS," (posted on save-3abn.com) to be sent.  If so, are these statements documented?  According to that letter, there were four reasons they suspended TS's license.

"This action was taken for the following reasons:
1. Improper counseling procedures followed by you and admitted by you.
2. Numerous charges of misconduct reported to this committee.
3. We have been advised that an investigation is underway by the West Frankfort Illinois Police Department concerning criminal sexual abuse charges against you.
4. Controversy surrounding your ministry and personal lifestyle."

After this letter was sent, I believe TS continued to pastor the Ezra Church of God.  What did those at the Ezra church know when they asked him to continue or come back as their pastor?  What about the folks that approved this?  Instead of starting to go after the last place he pastored (in VA), it makes sense to start with those who first allowed TS to continue being a pastor after the initial allegations.  If the folks from the VA church knew of any allegations they would have most likely talked to the folks at the Ezra church who allowed him to continue being their pastor.

The fact is Alex and the other victims abuse did not happen at Ezra. It happened in Dun Loring. So, that church is responsible.

That makes sense.  What I said above was looking at it from a general perspective.

Looking back now it is easy to say that the General Assembly of the Church of God in IL made the right decision.

By the way, wouldn't it be best to wait until after the criminal trials before starting civil cases?

The fact is the church knew this was coming....One huge question is why didn't John Manly want to go after the church? The fact is there is a case against them, and will be perused.

Thanks to anyone that is able to provide any answers or additional information.

Edit- My responses are in the italic text

Please see my response above in bolded red.

My response is in Blue.
Billy Graham

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2011, 09:17:36 PM »

I see that I have caused a FIRE-STORM with some of the church members who post over here! I will not apologize for relaying facts as I see them. K. Thanks. :)
Billy Graham

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2011, 06:43:26 AM »

I see that I have caused a FIRE-STORM with some of the church members who post over here! I will not apologize for relaying facts as I see them. K. Thanks. :)

But you wouldn't want to upset potential witnesses to the point that they refuse to cooperate with the prosecution, would you?

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2011, 09:23:17 AM »

Now, Bob, again please!!!!!!!!! Ever heard of Hostile Witnesses?
Billy Graham

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2011, 08:34:40 PM »

For the record, I am not a victim but a benefactor of one of the greatest challenges of my life...and it ain't over til it's over!!!

In the world of litigation you simply move from one phase to the next. We are about to enter the next. Just another challenge!!! And another opportunity...in fact, a real thrill!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Oh, please. You can't tell me that they were victims. :-/

Sure, they're victims of a sort, are they not? Those who were duped by Tommy Shelton?

Some have tried to assert that Duane Clem wasn't a victim because he was over 18 at the time, but I disagree.

I'm a victim of sorts, am I not? Look at all the grief Danny and Tommy have caused me.

But a victim of sorts is not the same as a victim of child molestation. And a victim of sorts is not the same as Moms in Pain #1 and #2.

There are degrees of victims.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2011, 08:38:15 PM »

What happened to Mitch?

How about an admission from this quarter that this new firm makes even an Armenian shiver!!!

Decisiveness and direction can be so startlingly fresh!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

vestedinterest

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2011, 05:54:04 AM »

FIRESTORM! Wow! Do you mean in the sense of
 1. A fire of great size and intensity that generates and is fed by strong inrushing winds from all sides
-or-
2. An intense or violent response

Either way, I'm not seeing it! However, comments often precipitate more comments, ergo a message board or forum.. voila!

Adam, no one expects you to apologize for anything. We are neither hurt nor inflamed nor especially agitated (nor do I know who posts here other than myself - it is simply not on the radar of the average church member in Dunn Loring) Generally I check my email, AT, and Facebook in one fell swoop, and then go live in the non-cyber world like everybody else!

I would suggest that we (Adam, Darvo, Just Wondering, Tinka, Pickle... whomever....) share in common one important thing - a confidence in the Father to work things out to His glory.  I am counting on it. 

Johann

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2011, 07:13:01 AM »

I would suggest that we (Adam, Darvo, Just Wondering, Tinka, Pickle... whomever....) share in common one important thing - a confidence in the Father to work things out to His glory.  I am counting on it.

:TY:

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2011, 09:37:06 PM »

1. A fire of great size and intensity that generates and is fed by strong inrushing winds from all sides
-or-

I meant both!

Either way, I'm not seeing it! However, comments often precipitate more comments, ergo a message board or forum.. voila!

Adam, no one expects you to apologize for anything. We are neither hurt nor inflamed nor especially agitated (nor do I know who posts here other than myself - it is simply not on the radar of the average church member in Dunn Loring) Generally I check my email, AT, and Facebook in one fell swoop, and then go live in the non-cyber world like everybody else!

I would agree with this.

The fact is this is all going to happen quicker than most realize.  These attorney's that Alex has now means business.  They are not messing around.  Justice is finally in the works, and I pray no one tries to stand in the way.  The church did wrong, and the best thing they could do is settle, don't get yourselves involved in nasty litigation.  Do the right thing.
Billy Graham

Johann

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2011, 12:24:32 AM »

Will Simpson meet his match or more?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2011, 12:14:42 PM »

It is about time they target the right church!!! Tommy was NEVER an SDA, just a Shelton worthy of 3ABN support.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

-or-

I meant both!

I would agree with this.

The fact is this is all going to happen quicker than most realize.  These attorney's that Alex has now means business.  They are not messing around.  Justice is finally in the works, and I pray no one tries to stand in the way.  The church did wrong, and the best thing they could do is settle, don't get yourselves involved in nasty litigation.  Do the right thing.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2011, 12:25:19 PM »

GAJ I assume you agree churches including the CCOG should accountable. I am clearly pleading with them to do the right thing. They can either settle or face nasty litigation and bad publicity!
Billy Graham
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up