Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did NAD President Dan Jackson advocate that David Asscherick be beaten?  (Read 9027 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

I listened to the audio clip myself in the hopes that Elder Jackson was perhaps making a humorous remark, but he sounded very serious, and there were no appreciative chuckles from the La Sierra University faculty audience when he referenced David Asscherick's letter, as there were with some of his other comments.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

Dan Jackson, president of the NAD is quoted as saying:

This is what Jackson actually said:

00:36:25 When I read the letter from David Asscherick, I said, that young man ought be in the conference president’s office getting a beating.

(But this happened before the "after party", I think.)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing

It appears that Dan Jackson condemned a church member for writing a letter of concern to church leaders about serious apostasy at a Seventh-day Adventist institution.

I think Dan Jackson has some explaining to do. Why can't a church member write a letter of concern? Why must a church member get a spanking for writing a letter of concern?

And why would Dan Jackson want the Michigan Conference to get a spanking for not wanting to financially support a Seventh-day Adventist institution that has gone to such extreme lengths in apostasy as to permit the teaching of evolution as fact in its biology classes?

I think Dan Jackson has some explaining to do.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

I agree!

Stan

I agree with Dan on this one.  BUT you have to tie his earlier statement in. By putting that letter public, it then became a political issue, and that is where the failure is it.  That is what he should have been reined in for. He jumped too far ahead of a reasonable process and yelled to the world  "Pay attention to me, I am not your authority".

Jackson's resolve is creation. He makes that clear, he also made it clear that DA overstepped the higher road of integrity in dealing with this.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing

I agree with Dan on this one.  BUT you have to tie his earlier statement in. By putting that letter public, it then became a political issue, and that is where the failure is it.  That is what he should have been reined in for. He jumped too far ahead of a reasonable process and yelled to the world  "Pay attention to me, I am not your authority".

Jackson's resolve is creation. He makes that clear, he also made it clear that DA overstepped the higher road of integrity in dealing with this.

Stan, was David the one who made the letter public? I seem to recall that someone else did, but I could be wrong.

What sort of reasonable process was taking place regarding this serious problem that had been going on for years? In other words, what sort of reasonable process did David jump ahead of?

How many years need to go by before a letter like that is made public?

Could you comment regarding Elder Jackson's comments regarding the Michigan Conference? Why should Michigan be forced to finance apostasy, waiting until some undetermined future time for someone else to deal with the mess?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member

Stan and Dan are so much of what is wrong in Laodicea!!! They have denied their faith!!!

If one cannot stand for the Faith of our Fathers, one should not be an Administrator in this Seventh-day Adventist Church or it's institutions.

Stan has already demontrated his colors as one who tolerates open sin in the church, including Adultery. Now Dan has demonstrated that he is not a Seventh-day Adventist as he does not support the Fundamental Beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Faith...and he clearly abhores the concept of Transparency in Church Administration.

I will be so bold as to state they have both elected "political correctness" rather than strict adherence to the Faith...That is the Seventh-Day Adventist Faith a/k/a adherence to the Commandments of God and the Faith of Jesus!!!

If there were a way to IMPEACH one or both, I would gladly lead the charge. These men are not worthy of participation in the Worlds Greatest Generation as we move into final events and the Remnant Church Era without a serious conversion and they clearly missed the infamous GC call for Revival and Reformation. Every Good Revival begins right in the President's Office.

Frankly, it is Dan (not worthy of the title Elder or Pastor) that should be taking the trip to the woodshed!!!

That is the view from here!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
Pages: [1]   Go Up