Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bob Pickle... a Jesuit?  (Read 77587 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: Bob Pickle... a Jesuit?
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2011, 06:53:18 PM »

So which one is *******, the man in the foreground or the one standing with the woman with the umberella?

Put your mouse over the people in the picture, or put your mouse over the name under "People in this photo," and Steffan's name will appear over one of the people.

I always wondered where ******* got the other part of his name that he used as a user name on one of the forums. It was interesting to see that very same name in the deacon schedule.

Interesting that he appears to use two different names and she does not appear to take any of them.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 02:47:23 PM by Artiste »

childoftheking

« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2011, 07:02:06 PM »

I think Kuttikadu [India] might be where he is from (couldn't say for sure) and so might not be appropriate for her to use if she is not from there. Don't know too much about the Indian naming system. I wondered if Philip would be like a middle name or perhaps a Christian name as I think some take Bible names to replace names that honor false dieties.

She may keep her maiden name if that is what she is known by professionally. As a dentist for instance. I have a neice who is a doctor and though she is married she kept her name. I don't think that we have to read something sinister into it though.

Edited for clarification.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 03:29:33 PM by Snoopy »

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2011, 07:17:09 PM »

Absolutely not!  No sinister insinuation intended.  I wondered if it might be a cultural thing.  By the way, how do you know they are Indian?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2011, 07:47:10 PM »

Never mind.  I googled it.

childoftheking

« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2011, 04:58:25 AM »

Snoopy if the mods would like to remove the last name-place name that is fine with me as I didn't know until recently that that might be a no-no and I didn't see where I could go back in to modify it.

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2011, 02:42:12 AM »

Snoopy if the mods would like to remove the last name-place name that is fine with me as I didn't know until recently that that might be a no-no and I didn't see where I could go back in to modify it.

No reply and it's still there, eh?

It only a "no, no" if it's personal info  or commentary about a a 3abn critic, :console: otherwise it's allowed :pals: as all should be able to see by now...  ;)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 02:51:43 AM by Nosir Myzing »

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2011, 08:01:18 AM »

It only a "no, no" if it's personal info  or commentary about a a 3abn critic, :console: otherwise it's allowed :pals: as all should be able to see by now...  ;)

Sir Mizer, given your apptitude for forum management, please advise what specific rule COTK's post violates.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 08:24:35 AM by Snoopy »

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2011, 11:42:04 PM »

Sir Mizer, given your apptitude for forum management, please advise what specific rule COTK's post violates.

Hhmm....   Ah, the silence!!

Johann

« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2011, 08:27:28 AM »

Hhmm....   Ah, the silence!!

deafening

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2011, 02:46:52 PM »

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #160 on: September 04, 2011, 08:20:07 PM »

Is this the same wimp that tried to be intimidating? You must be kidding!!! I assumed he was a joke but this is ludicrous!!!

I have been asked to investigate an issue in the Greater New York conference and that will give me an opportunity to visit the Godless Rascal. I'll have to catch him on a day he is a "Greeter" and will give him my business card. Or should I just put my name in the Guest Book? I see there are couple of old classmates on the roster as well.

Hard to believe this big mouthed hypocrit actually attends a church!!! Has anyone challenged his fellowship standing?

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Johann

« Reply #161 on: September 13, 2011, 06:03:17 AM »

News
    World news
    Pope Benedict XVI

Pope accused of crimes against humanity by victims of sex abuse

Victims' complaint to the international criminal court accuses Pope Benedict and three others of failing to prevent abusers

Karen McVeigh
    guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 13 September 2011 12.01 BST
    Article history

Pope Benedict XVI
Pope Benedict XVI, who has been cited in a complaint to the international criminal court. Photograph: Vincenzo Pinto/AFP/Getty Images

Victims of sexual abuse by Catholic priests have accused the pope, the Vatican secretary of state and two other high-ranking Holy See officials of crimes against humanity, in a formal complaint to the international criminal court (ICC).

The submission, lodged at The Hague on Tuesday, accuses the four men not only of failing to prevent or punish perpetrators of rape and sexual violence but also of engaging in the "systematic and widespread" practice of concealing sexual crimes around the world.

It includes individual cases of abuse where letters and documents between Vatican officials and others show a refusal to co-operate with law enforcement agencies seeking to pursue suspects, according to the Centre for Constitutional Rights (CCR), a US-based organisation that represents the claimants.

Pam Spees, human rights attorney with CCR, said: "The point of this is to look at it from a higher altitude. You zoom out and the practices are identical: whistleblowers are punished, the refusal of the Vatican to co-operate with law enforcement agencies. You see the protection of priests and leaving them in the ministry and because of these decisions other children are raped and sexually assaulted."

She said: "It's not only the facts of the abuse but the way that the church deepened the harm in sometimes irreparable ways."

According to the document filed by CCR, the pope, as head of the Catholic church, is ultimately responsible for the sexual abuse of children by priests and for the cover-ups of that abuse. The group argues that he and others have "direct and superior responsibility" for the crimes of those ranked below them, similar to a military chain of command.

The others named in the complaint are Angelo Sodano, dean of the College of Cardinals and former Vatican secretary of state; Cardinal Tarcissio Bertone, now secretary of state, who previously served at the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF), the organisation tasked with handling sexual abuse cases under the pope when he was Cardinal Ratzinger; and Cardinal William Lavada, head of the CDF, whose handling of previous sexual abuse cases has been criticised in the past.

Megan Petersen, from Minnesota, is one of two named US victims whose cases have been included in the complaint to the ICC. Petersen was awarded $750,000 (£500,000) last week in a civil claim against Crookston diocese, in which she alleged that a priest, Joseph Jeyapaul, had raped her repeatedly as a child.

Speaking at The Hague, where the complaint was being launched, Petersen said of Jeyapaul: "He was a man of God and I was very devout. I wanted to be a nun. I trusted him.

"Part of why I'm here is to protect kids. My perpetrator is still serving among kids and vulnerable adults, despite there being criminal charges against him. Ratzinger is the head of this organisation and these are his sheep, his flock. I will do everything in my power to make sure this does not happen to another child." Jeyapaul has denied the abuse from India, where he is serving as a priest.

Amnesty International's latest annual human rights report, which cited the Holy See for the first time, concluded there was widespread evidence of child sexual abuse by members of the clergy over past decades, and an "enduring failure" of the Catholic church to seek redress.

Johann

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2011, 11:46:29 AM »

Sam you have got some nerve. First, none of which you say can be proven, but I on the other hand can prove you're a liar. You keep up bringing up the gay issue like it's a bad thing? Yet, you fail to realize you defend an admitted pedophile who is what? GAY! Now your nonsense and half truths is getting old, so I will not respond to you anymore. One other thing John Manly withdrawing from my case had nothing to do with whether he believed me or not so quit insinuating he did, or Ill prove your cowardly [censored] wrong.

Finally, you quit using Adam's name. Good job!

What I say can be proven if your sister ends up testifying to it. Your parents already have.
Is being gay not a bad thing?  You say you were a minister. Were you a gay minister? Is that why they let you go?
You are right about one thing. John M didn't let you go because he didn't personally believe you...he did until he started investigating your claims so he could defend you in court. That's when it all hit the fan and he discovered one lie after another. No attorney wants to be made a fool of in court and since he found out you were not credible he wasn't about to take your case.

Question...will you pursue this even if Tommy dies?  The medical reports presented to the court recently say that he had a huge stroke with permanent damage.  Oh wait, of course you would still pursue as it is all about getting money that doesn't belong to you. After all didn't you threaten to sue your own dad at one time and then threaten to sue an employer that you thought discriminated against gays?  Neither of those threats came to fruition so you had to try another route. In these poor economic times a guy has to find some way to make a living! :dunno:

Oh, Sam!!!!! Read the high-lighted part.  So, are you saying that it was okay for Tommy the pedophile to be a gay minister? Not only a GAY minister but a RAGING PEDOPHILE?????
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up