Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Terror in Norway  (Read 10030 times)

Johann

Terror in Norway
« on: July 22, 2011, 01:15:48 PM »

Here in Norway we are watching the news of a day of terror in two places, OSLO and TYRIFJORD. A large bomb exploded this afternoon in a government building in Oslo, killing 7 and several wounded.

Then at Tyrifjord, not far from our Seventh-day Adventist boarding school, a man dressed like a policeman, started shooting at a political camp where 500 - 700 young members of the governmet politial party were gathered for courses in politics. At least 10 were killed. The murderer has now been arrested and is being questioned.

It seems obvious that the two incidents were coordinated.

It was touching hearing the Foreign minister of Sweden stating that today we are all Norwegians!

childoftheking

Re: Terror in Norway
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 02:24:37 PM »

The attack in Oslo has been on the news in the US soon after it happened but this is the first I had heard about the other attack. I hope there isn't any more bad news. Glad you are safe, Johann but so sad for the Norwegian people.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 05:05:16 PM »

I saw both attacks reported on a news item this morning--a terrible thing.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Johann

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 10:07:44 PM »

Now we are told that at least 87 people have been killed - all by a 32 year old Norwegian anti-Muslim! And why should he kill his own people? Police are questioning him right now.

A young girl fled into the woods when others near by were shot. Then the "killer" called them out, and they thought he was protecting them because he was wearing a police uniform. More shooting, so back to the woods and then dropping herself into the lake trying to swim away from the island where 600+ young people were gathered in a camp. When she had swam for a while she was picked up by two men in a speed boat who had picked up another girl. As they tried to get closer to the island to pick up more youngster they got shot at, so they sailed to the harbor where another policeman in a uniform received them. At first she was scared, thinking he might be another "false" policemen, but this one was real. Volunteers gave her warmer clothes and she was taken to a near by private home from where she could call her parents.

Johann

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 11:38:38 PM »

Here is also a picture 32 year old Anders Behring Breivik has posted of himself on his FaceBook page. In one of his blogs he calls for actions against Muslims and Social Democrats through Conservative Church organizations.

http://www.bt.no/nyheter/innenriks/--Skal-tilhre-hyreekstremt-milj-2541597.html

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 04:35:12 PM »

It's all horrifying, Johann.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Johann

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 02:17:27 AM »

It is a national day of sorrow here in Norway today. Right now we see on TV a crowded Oslo Lutheran Cathedral where the choir and congregation are singing Abide With Me. The King, Government, and foreign diplomats are present. People are openly in tears. Yesterday the area in front of this cathedral was covered with flowers and candles.

Someone made a large sign in the church today saying, "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."

Johann

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 05:13:30 AM »

The young man reveals in a 1500 page document that he has spent 9 years preparing for this event. He sees himself as a reformer, and the leader of true Conservative Christianity. He is looking forward to defend himself and his views starting tomorrow. His defense lawyer - one he pointed out himself - has appeared on Norwegian TV. He admits his is a difficult task.

Johann

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 05:53:23 AM »

We see the King and Queen - Harald V and Sonja - weeping and wiping their tears in grief.

It is unbelievable, but I have seen a number of people today praise the deed on the FaceBook page of the murderer.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 10:51:10 AM »

The young man reveals in a 1500 page document that he has spent 9 years preparing for this event. He sees himself as a reformer, and the leader of true Conservative Christianity. He is looking forward to defend himself and his views starting tomorrow. His defense lawyer - one he pointed out himself - has appeared on Norwegian TV. He admits his is a difficult task.

So this Protestant deforming "reformer" wanted to reform the Protestant church in Norway until it was absorbed by the Catholic Church? Is that correct? And he claimed to be a Knights Templar?

Does this guy take potato salad to Knights of Columbus meetings?

Johann

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 11:17:56 AM »

So this Protestant deforming "reformer" wanted to reform the Protestant church in Norway until it was absorbed by the Catholic Church? Is that correct? And he claimed to be a Knights Templar?

Does this guy take potato salad to Knights of Columbus meetings?

I have not read the whole document, but am mainly dependent on a report by a Swedish editor who made a special study. Yes, I get the impression he claims to be a Knights Templar, and he is certain people in the future will hail him as a hero. Politically he sees himself as a super "republican" whose duty it is to eliminate those "democrats" who all bow to the Muslims. He states that multiple killings are unavoidable and wants the court hearings open so that honest people will be convinced he is right. The police want those hearings closed.

Johann

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 02:03:43 AM »

What causes unrest now in the Western World is that a Christian, well educated and in most respects just as normal as most of us, has become a terrorist. No longer a strange religion or culture from the other side, but a terrorist among ourselves.

How will this change the war against terrorism?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 11:12:23 AM »

You all are in my thoughts and prayers, Johann. Such an awful tragedy. 
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 03:10:16 AM »

Psalm 144
Of David.

1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
   who trains my hands for war,
   my fingers for battle.

This is one of many texts the Norwegian terrorist uses to justify his killing more than 60 children
Pages: [1]   Go Up