Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "The Rise of Tea Party Adventism"  (Read 14253 times)

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
"The Rise of Tea Party Adventism"
« on: July 30, 2011, 10:04:29 AM »

"The Rise of Tea Party Adventism" is a topic on AToday, the Voice of Heresy in Adventism and written by the apostate agnostic and evolutionist, Ervin Taylor, and can be viewed at the URL below.

http://www.atoday.org/article.php?id=790

And my response is perhaps predictable, but this heresy has inspired me to "meet it head-on". I would invite ALL Seventh-day Adventists to do the same so we can "shake these men right out of my hair" to use a "South Pacific" quote.

Gailon Arthur Joy :
Just where do I sign up to become a Tea Party Fundementalist? Where is that website? Consider me a very PROUD MEMBER and I will wear that badge with absolute resolution to eliminate the apostates of Seventh-day Adventists, of which the editor is clearly a member.

"American Adventist political landscape in the late 1950s and 1960s was relatively congenial to beginning a process of theological and cultural maturation." Ervin's statement is simply another way to define "Creaping Compromise" and apostacy.

We need to call it what it is and ask Ervin to do the ethical thing: Admit he is not a Seventh-day Adventist and resign his membership as he clearly does not endorse the SDA Fundemental Beliefs.

We will be substantially better off as a culture preparing for the final events of worlds history without this apostacy and if we must shrink to "not more than one in twenty", so be it.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter and a Tea Party Adventist

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: "The Rise of Tea Party Adventism"
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 02:01:26 PM »

I am disappointed, GJ... I thought through everything, we were friends........sigh......... :(
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 04:20:18 PM »

Di,

Erv and you are poles apart.

Erv regularly bashes and insults creationists. He is an ardent advocate of evolution. When asked, he could not name one single Bible story that he believed actually happened as written.

Certainly you're not like that, are you?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 03:07:47 PM »

No, no.....I am just talking aobut the tea party stuff.  I should hasve been  more clear.  When you oppose stuff you also need to know exactly what you oppose.......didnt' know the Bible stories?  really?   LOL!!!  zNaw, that would not fly with me as I teach the SS where the pastors sit.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 04:47:06 PM »

When I first asked Erv what Bible narrative he thought was authoritative and accurate as written, he responded that surely the ethical statements of Jesus collected in the Sermon on the Mount were authoritative in all ages. That's the gist of his reply as I remember it.

I then asked him for clarification. I asked him whether he meant that (a) Jesus really had preached that sermon on a mountain by Galilee, or whether he meant that (b) some author way later took statements Jesus had made here and there, and put them all together into the Sermon of the Mount, but that Jesus never really had preached that sermon on a mountain by Galilee.

Erv refused to answer, and was bothered that I even asked, as I recall. I then asked a number of times after that what Bible story he thought really had happened as written, and he never would answer.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 06:33:31 PM »

Erv refused to answer, and was bothered that I even asked

He apparently doesn't believe any of the Bible.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 01:25:46 PM »

I am disappointed, GJ... I thought through everything, we were friends........sigh......... :(

So, you have determined that those who have absolute faith in the fundamentals of Seventh-day Adventist Faith and hold firmly to the "traditions" and embrace the foundations of our Faith cannot be your "friend"?

Let me firmly state it is not about friendship, it is about Faith. I will stand firmly on the belief that this is intolerance and such a stance is a bold public attempt to challenge the absolute right of conscience. You really do not want to go there and still teach a Sabbath School lesson in a Seventh-day Adventist company.

Gailon Arthur Joy, a proud TEA PARTY Seventh-day Adventist (and has not a thing to do with taxes)
AUReporter

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 12:02:21 AM »

Calm down , GJ, we are still cool..........you can drink as much tea as you like....ok?  you all dont' have any hugging smilies here, either........LOL!!!

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 06:17:25 PM »

Just a sugestion:

Those who call themselves "Tea Party Adventists" might want to re-consider that name and pick one that is closer to Adventism in its purest form rather than a so-called apostate form.  To stimulate thought I suggest the following:

Postem Party Adventists

Whea Party Adventists    [NOTE: in line with Wham which comes from a Whog.]

Soy Milk Party Adventists

Non-alcoholic Grape Juice Adventists

Cashew Nut Drink Adventists

Haystack Formulated Adventists

Adams Ale Adventists   [NOTE: This is a drink of what we commonly call water.]

Near Tea Party Adventists  [NOTE: Anyone ever heard of near beer.]

I know that I have not exhausted the names that one might select.  Good.  I simply suggest that some thought be given to selecting a name that bears witness to the SDA health message rather than a pagan drink.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 03:49:50 AM »

After sleeping on my earlier post, I have decided that my sugestion needs more consideration.  My list of suggested replacement names for "Tea Party Adventists" is a rether poor list. Surely we haved people reading this thread who could do better.

Perhaps we need a contest to pick the best replacement name.  If so, we need a prize thea we coud award the winner.

In thinking about that, I will suggest that we award three boxes of the origonal Rusketts to the winner.  Surely someone has in their pantry  three such boxes that they could donate to the person with the best suggestion for a replacement name.

NOTE:  I do not mean the Rusketts Flakes.  I mean the real thing.  I cannot immagine that anyone might have any remaining boxes of Rusketts Flakes.  But, the origonal Rusketts, that might be.  After all, Loma LInda quit making Rusketts for reasons that anyone who remembers them would understand.  That leads me to believe that some might be found still in someone's pantry.

However, if such are not available, surely we could come up with another appropriate prize.  Anyone care to suggest such?

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 04:25:39 AM »

It has also occured to me that the prize  could be a title. For example, it could be decidded that the winner of the contest could be granted the tiitle: Lord of Advent Talk.

But, that presents a problems.  The title "Lord" would simply be not acceptable to just about all of us.

Others titles tlhat might work could include:
Shahanshah as used in the Ottoman emlpire.
Tuanku as used in Malaysia.
Morza as used in India and Persia.
Caliph as used in Islam.
Landgrave as used in Germany.
Baronet as used in Great Britan.
Vidame as used in France.

Yet, all of these titles present problems.  They are applied to males and not females.  As upholders of the true faith, we would not want to give a title to a female that appeared to elevate that person to a position of headship over males.

The reality is that someone like Princess Di, who is believed to be female, just  might be considered to have suggested the  best title.  I beleive that is possible.  She has a way with words and just might win.

Well, in that event, we could keep the faith by giving her a special title:  Mistress of the Advent Talk Kitchen.  That would certainly keep her in her place.

childoftheking

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 05:30:30 AM »

So you are interested in "keeping her in her place". OUCH! And what place might that be? And just what rightful place do you think is yours?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 07:28:19 AM »

LOL!!!  Gregory!  I love ya!  That was hilarious and reminiscient(sp) of the humor at the old BSDA site(we now have a page on FB.....in keeping with the times. LOL).  I wish i could recal the similar thread we hadregard the various types of veggie meat.........It was priceless, and we still common refer to beggie meat products as "furry meat".  LOL!!!

COTK, I am hoping your response was also posted with your tongue planted firmly in your cheek.

BTW, Gregory, why did they stop making Rusketts? I never ate them, but I am yet and still mourning the lost of Dinner Cuts(I heard something vaguely about the machine used to make them being irreparably(sp) broken), and Postum(owing it's demise to diminshing sales).

At the moment, believe it or not,I can't think of anything witty, but would not "Herbal Tea Party" do?

Johann

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 09:39:31 AM »

Here we can get German made "Bambu". When drinking it with closed eyes I imagine it tastes like POSTUM.

childoftheking

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 10:47:59 AM »

Reminds me of a former church member who avowed that he didn't eat the beast and he certainly wasn't going to eat the "image of the beast" i.e.veggie (meat?).
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up