Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "The Rise of Tea Party Adventism"  (Read 13591 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: "The Rise of Tea Party Adventism"
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 03:13:32 PM »

Wow!  With your eyes closed only?  LOL!!!

Here we can get German made "Bambu". When drinking it with closed eyes I imagine it tastes like POSTUM.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 03:19:21 PM »

COTK, I know what he means.  I know of one SDA couple who were getting married and made a HUGE deal their plans to have veggie schrimp and lobster at their reception.........I asked them what was the the point.  If someone had the real deal at their reception, there would be a call board meeting to disfellowship the couple and any other SDA That had anything to do it the serving of unclean meat.....LOL!!!   

I love the way he put it....Imagining the beast.  LOL!!!

Reminds me of a former church member who avowed that he didn't eat the beast and he certainly wasn't going to eat the "image of the beast" i.e.veggie (meat?).
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 03:59:55 PM »

I liked the original Rusketts...
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 06:01:30 PM »

PD:  I grew up on the origonal Rusketts and I liked them.  Never did think much of the Rusketts Flakes.

There is a lesson to be learned in the dimise of Rusketts.  Loma Linda discontinued them because the sales volumn was so low that they could nto make a profit.  They did a study that determined that there was not price level that they could sell Rusketts for that would earn them a profit, so they discontinued them..  Who can blame them.

I can.  That decision to discontiue Rusketts was a bad financial decision for Loma Linda Foods. Why?  Because every box of Rusketts sold carried a certain amount of the fixed costs of Loma Linda Foods.  Once it was discontinued those fixed costs had to be assigned to other products of Loma Linda Foods which made them higher cost.  That higher cost immediately placed another product of Loma Linda Foods in jeopardy as to earning a profit.

Lesson learned:  S ometimes it is best to continue a product that does nto earn a profit as it may carry fixed costs which would otherwise have to be passed on to other products.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 08:55:23 PM »

Interesting, Gregory!

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 10:34:49 PM »

See now, I didn't know anything about Ruskettes, original or flakes.  Were the orginal something like shredded wheat?  Well, I won't say i didn't know anything about them, we just didn't consume them in our house......

Now for Postum, the company was taken over by another who immediately saw the low customer loyalty(only SDAs) and immediately ceased production.....hurt my feelings!!!!  They had cases on Ebay for more that $100.00.

Gregory, I want to believe somethign similar happened to Dinner Cuts.  They made the best sandwiches!!!  Mom would also smother them in an onion gravy.....On Thanksgiving, I would prefer them next to her cornbread dressing over her delicious baked trukey..............Ooooh Thanksgiving in on the way!  LOL!!!

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 12:54:46 AM »

Origonal Rusketts:  Each box contained four indivually wrapped packages.  Each package containes several rectangular shapped "biskets" of compressed Rusketts flakes.  For breakfast, I would crumble one of the four packages up in a bowl with milk and eat,  it was good.

Johann

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2011, 02:21:04 AM »

Right now the name doesn't come to mind, but there was a joke:

Loma Linda foods make no . . . steaks. They make Mistakes.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 04:31:56 PM »

My family used to buy the Loma Linda food products at the old original Loma Linda market.  The factory was in La Sierra, I believe.

Johann

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 10:43:04 AM »

You people tempted me to buy a package of Weetabix at our local super market. I suppose this may be a substitute for Ruskets, or whatever. I have not yet decided what kind of milk I'll use. Probably our usual soy milk.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2011, 10:50:08 AM »

Do you like to eat it with a fruit topping?

Johann

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2011, 02:41:42 PM »

Right!

WillowRun

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 07:38:49 PM »

Are rusketts similar to Shredded Wheat?  Shredded Wheat used to come in three or four pack packages with four packages to a box.  I used to eat them every morning for breakfast.  Fastforward to 2011  all I can find is Frosted Mini Wheats...  which are okay...but not as okay as Shredded wheat...Never experienced Rusketts or Wheatabix.
Respectfully,

Willow

WillowRun

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011, 07:46:41 PM »

http://ia600506.us.archive.org/BookReader/BookReaderImages.php?zip=/12/items/nationalmagazine21brayrich/nationalmagazine21brayrich_jp2.zip&file=nationalmagazine21brayrich_jp2/nationalmagazine21brayrich_0717.jp2&scale=5.62760834670947&rotate=0

I'm sorry this link is so long.  It is an image of a 1905 Shredded wheat Advert.  the ad portrays a shredded wheat biscuit as big as a fifty pound sack vs.  a hunk of beef that looks like it was taken from cow the size of a dinosaur!  Products have certainly been downsized over the years...   ;)
Respectfully,

Willow

Johann

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2011, 04:04:48 AM »

The Weetabix package contains 24 biscuits wholegrain cereal. They soon get soft in milk. Made in England by Weetabix Limited. Had one this morning with soymilk and Craisins (cranberries).

This is at least related to Adventist health products which are produced in some countries by Sanitarium Health Foods.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up