Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pray for my dad Deon Walker  (Read 9760 times)

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
Pray for my dad Deon Walker
« on: July 31, 2011, 09:36:38 PM »

Friday my family received news that my dad Rev. Deon Walker has cancer that is not treatable. Today he was placed on hospice. I have been informed that I am not allowed to see my father or attend his funeral. Tomorrow I will be consulting with my attorney about a court order allowing me to see my dad, and be there. Please pray for my family and especially my dad as he will soon enter Heaven and be with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Johann

Re: Pray for my dad Deon Walker
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 02:20:22 AM »

You are in our prayers, Alex

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:42:42 AM »

Praying for you, your dad, and your family situation, Alex.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 09:47:11 AM »

Friday my family received news that my dad Rev. Deon Walker has cancer that is not treatable. Today he was placed on hospice. I have been informed that I am not allowed to see my father or attend his funeral. Tomorrow I will be consulting with my attorney about a court order allowing me to see my dad, and be there. Please pray for my family and especially my dad as he will soon enter Heaven and be with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you.

If the Supreme Court said that the Westboro Baptist Church can attend funerals for military personnel when protesting, one would think you can attend your own dad's funeral when not protesting.

The very idea is utterly repugnant, and if Brad Walker has any sense of honor, he would want to come on here and affirm that you can indeed see your dying father!

We'll be praying for you and your family.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 01:33:13 PM »

Mercy!  Alex, yuo all are in my prayers. 
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 04:58:59 PM »

Good news! Tomorrow I will be traveling to see my dad. He has been given 2 to 3 days. Please keep my family in your prayers, especially my mother as we prepare to let go of my dad. Thanks.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 05:12:52 PM »

Good news! Tomorrow I will be traveling to see my dad. He has been given 2 to 3 days. Please keep my family in your prayers, especially my mother as we prepare to let go of my dad. Thanks.

I'm thinking of you, Alex, and sending up prayers for you and this difficult situation.  Praise the Lord for the promise of a New Earth with no more pain!!

Johann

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 02:04:30 PM »

I'm thinking of you, Alex, and sending up prayers for you and this difficult situation.  Praise the Lord for the promise of a New Earth with no more pain!!

AMEN!

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 02:33:49 PM »

Alex's father passed away a little bit before he was able to arrive today. Let's remember the family in prayer, and particularly for healing.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 02:55:55 PM »

Sorry to hear this.  The family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 04:02:29 PM »

Alex, I am so very sorry for your loss.  I pray that the Lord will draw you close in His loving arms.

Johann

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 10:17:51 PM »

Alex, I am so very sorry for your loss.  I pray that the Lord will draw you close in His loving arms.

AMEN!

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 09:59:06 AM »

Thank you all for the kind words. My dads visitation will be tomorrow from 4 to 9 at Harmony FreeWill Baptist Church in West Frankfort. His funeral will be Monday at 11 at Harmony. Please continue to remember my family as we strive to put our differences aside during this time.
Alex L. Walker
Pages: [1]   Go Up