Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for Chuck Snelling  (Read 13451 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Prayer for Chuck Snelling
« on: March 29, 2008, 07:13:42 PM »

Please hold up my dear friends, the Snellings, in your prayers.  I went to academy with their daughter, and she and her parents became like family to me during those teenage years.  They were all instrumental in helping me to get through academy which was, unfortunately, not a good experience for me.

Now, Mr. Snelling lays unresponsive in a Florida hospital bed after successful open heart surgery, but set back by a blood clot that stopped his system for so long that he now shows no brain activity.  I am crushed, as are my friend and her mom.

I know that God is our Creator and the Master Healer and that He is ultimately in control.  But I just feel so insignificant and helpless.  Your prayers would be greatly appreciated - these are such very dear people.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Prayer for Chuck Snelling
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 10:26:24 PM »

Snoopy, I will pray for your friends.  That is a terrible thing to happen to a family.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Johann

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 01:01:06 AM »

Snoopy, I will pray for your friends.  That is a terrible thing to happen to a family.

Will be in that group.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 07:17:02 PM »

Thank you both.  Unfortunately, todays news is not good.  An EEG was performed and shows only minimal brain stem activity.  Now the family is faced with a decision no family should ever have to face.  Only one doctor of several holds out any hope at all.  This world is so full of pain - it just doesn't seem fair.

I just keep hearing that beautiful song in my head..."This world is not my home, I'm just a passin' thru."

mfc10

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 04:17:03 PM »

My aunt and cousin just went through a similar experience with my uncle. It is a very hard thing to have to make a decision to let a loved one go. May God grant them strength and keep them in the Blessed Hope.

Hugs,
Maggie

Maxey

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 05:01:54 PM »

The longer I'm alive the more attractive heaven looks.  Praying for the Sneelings.

Maxey

Lil Star

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 05:55:52 PM »

I believe it is the hardest thing to do, telling the doctor to 'pull the plug' on someone you love. I wish that Jesus would return sooner than later. This worldly life is just so hard that I just wish the heavens would open up and Jesus would shine through and take all those that love Him and believe and have faith in Him to the heavens so He can destroy this this world. It will indefinitely take a whole bunch of strength for the family. Been there and done that. We had to make that choice with my mom and let me tell you, I would not wish that on anyone anytime anywhere. The hospice nurse gave us the needle that would ultimately take her life. What there was left of it. It was a blessing and yet something I never wanted to do as she was my friend, my mom my .... well, there just are not enough words.

I will be saying prayers up for this family as well as for you. Please keep us updated.  I have heard though that there have been incidences where it has all turned out for the better and the families did not have to pull the plug on a loved one. Doesn't sound like this is like that case at all. I think everyone here is and will be praying for you.  :praying: :praying:
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Ozzie

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 07:42:12 PM »

I believe it is the hardest thing to do, telling the doctor to 'pull the plug' on someone you love. I wish that Jesus would return sooner than later. This worldly life is just so hard that I just wish the heavens would open up and Jesus would shine through and take all those that love Him and believe and have faith in Him to the heavens so He can destroy this this world. It will indefinitely take a whole bunch of strength for the family. Been there and done that. We had to make that choice with my mom and let me tell you, I would not wish that on anyone anytime anywhere. The hospice nurse gave us the needle that would ultimately take her life. What there was left of it. It was a blessing and yet something I never wanted to do as she was my friend, my mom my .... well, there just are not enough words.

I will be saying prayers up for this family as well as for you. Please keep us updated.  I have heard though that there have been incidences where it has all turned out for the better and the families did not have to pull the plug on a loved one. Doesn't sound like this is like that case at all. I think everyone here is and will be praying for you.  :praying: :praying:

These are very difficult decisions that need to be made at times. I have had to do it both for my father, and also for my mother-in-law.

My husband had to make that decision for me 19 years ago, and despite it taking many long, long months, I did recover and finally learn to talk and walk again. 19 years later, I'm still around to hassle people! :scratch: God must have had His reasons for keeping me breathing regardless of the life-support, but many things in my life changed from that point
in time. My husband however, still cannot talk about those dark days, without becoming extremely emotional - obviously unresolved grief.  :dunno:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

guide4him

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 06:44:18 PM »

I will be  :praying: for the Snelling family also.
This reminds me of the fact that I am on the back side of life and need to get my affairs taken care of before my family have to make the difficult decision for me. There are papers called living will or Advanced Directive. I am sure there are other names for the same thing.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 12:25:49 AM »

I will be  :praying: for the Snelling family also.
This reminds me of the fact that I am on the back side of life and need to get my affairs taken care of before my family have to make the difficult decision for me. There are papers called living will or Advanced Directive. I am sure there are other names for the same thing.

That is so important, so that family do not have to make those tough decisions at such an emotionally charged time. Advance Care Directives (or similar names) and 'Enduring Guardianship' papers, along with one's Will, should always be kept up to date.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 09:10:26 PM »

Thanks, all, for your well wishes, private messages and prayers.

Sadly, my friend and second dad, Chuck Snelling, passed away today at about 5:30pm Eastern time.

Please pray for his wife, daughter and other family members as they work through this enormous loss.

:praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 10:13:04 PM »

I am so sorry for your loss, Snoopy.  Please relay that same message to the family.  The hole left behind is a big one.  I will be praying for everyones greif recovery.

Ozzie

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 11:06:42 PM »

Thanks, all, for your well wishes, private messages and prayers.

Sadly, my friend and second dad, Chuck Snelling, passed away today at about 5:30pm Eastern time.

Please pray for his wife, daughter and other family members as they work through this enormous loss.

:praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:

Dear Snoopy

I wish I were close enough to give you a BIG HUG too, as I realise that you will be hurting immensely with the loss of a beloved 'second Dad'. Indeed, my family will be praying for Chuck's family as well as for you, as you all deal with this tremendous loss.
  :praying:  :praying:  :praying:  :praying:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Emma

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 01:34:22 PM »

I will pray for your friends and for you also, Snoopy.

The resurrection hope is wonderful.....but we still have to learn to live here for now without the loved one.  I pray God will give you each the needed strength, day by day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up