Issues & Concerns Category > 3ABN

Televangelist Sequel

<< < (6/6)

Bob Pickle:

--- Quote from: Snoopy on February 09, 2012, 07:42:04 PM ---Nice to have you back, tinka!!

--- End quote ---

Yes, very much so.

Johann:
Thank you for giving us your background, tinka. Just keep on writing.

--- Quote from: tinka on February 09, 2012, 06:16:00 PM ---Thanks very much Di,
Yes, :) I guess I'm from the old school lol and still in the 50's idea of living. My great Nannie was missionary in England and my Grammy sat on the queens lap when about 2 or 3 with her long flowing curls that drew attention.

Guess that is about the only thing sort of great in background. But been raised always knowing the beginning way of first Adventist. But as I grew I was not sure of --why about everything. So that's just me, lol I got to know all the fine details about everything. Never even read one single book but always heard about Ellen. In fact "greats" they all met her. But as I got older I started seeing and hearing different sides and different understanding until it got down to a certain number and then I realized I could not make it with that literal number.

Boy was I in shock and disappointed. I asked and asked for many years
what and why am I in this religion. So Di I just had to find out!  My mother ended up marrying a Catholic in the long run but he was killed when I was very young and she kept him from making me a Catholic. Just don't know how all that happened. So.. before I was baptized I had to know what it was all about and had to make sure I was doing the right thing for right religion. lol sure did take a lot of reading to see why I lived like I did. But in the end it all worked out as I did love the Lord with all my heart. and decided to find out just who this lady was.  lol when the first book I thought I should read I thought was bout her. Instead the first thing I read was the Bible clear through cause I did not know how I was going to get in the gates without knowing at least God's Word. (laugh) the next book was Great C. and the reason for that was I thought that was the book all about Ellen and of course I was very young. Boy did I get a head full. I think she mentions herself I counted one time.   But one thing that impressed me at a very early age was the comparison of the writing of this book and the Bible I finished first which just seemed like a continuation of something very inspired. Well that started the ball rolling and I could never put her books down and just kept going. It finally felt I actually knew her in character and personally, I enjoyed it much and realized I was in the right place and from then on felt so endowed from God that he let me know His perfect Word of which I still like to learn and it never seems to stop with continually learning.
Sorry for such a long post but glad to have someone to talk to for few...

Now with large family all gone and into their busy lives and sort of far away and all alone mostly. I sort of get on here so I can hear people talk and wright. sort of gives me an outlet. But that is right I sure don't agree what is going on with in our gates today but of course if it was not going like this I could not believe cause EGW said this would be the going thing...happening in last days, and now at this age most of us oldies can see it all happen before our eyes. I hope this sorrowful world can soon see the New Day. But the younger still have a lot of experience to get yet. It's tough,

With my busy life-- all my life-- I find myself instantly alone and a little lost of what can I do now. It's been a shocker! But I know Jesus is just a hanging on to me.  :)  I'm sure he has some sort of plan but I must get to feel better first, hopefully soon. Thanks again.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version