Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Glenn Dryden will you resign as pastor of the Community Church of God?  (Read 22035 times)

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member

You all have seen the response of this fraud.

You all have also seen where he signed and admitted to signing his name to Tommys ordination certificate in 2001.  Where Tommy sent it back to him.

You hear his double-tounged statements about "being for all the victims" then directly insulting one.

Here is the cold facts:

Glenn Dryden has a vendetta against Duane, just like he did Tommy Shelton.

Glenn Dryden started rumors on Duane Clem to several of the youth's families at Ezra. Why? Because he didn't want Duane involved. He was afraid of "Losing power".

I will never forget one day while attending Ezra Christian school and sitting in Glenn Dryden's office he made the comment, "There is nothing wrong with attention, I love getting attention." Boy, does that say it all about this man!

If he feels threatened that he will lose that attention he will destroy, deceive, and lie! Sound familiar? Think the Bible tells us exactly who that is......

So, Glenn Dryden...do your church a favor and

RESIGN IMMEDIATELY

And.........

If the Community Church of God....really cared about the victims and healing...they would

Out Glenn Dryden immediately.

I will be writing a letter to the church board, asking for you all to do the right thing.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 12:50:07 PM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Pastor Glenn Dryden

Re: Glenn Dryden will you resign as pastor of the Community Church of God?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 03:47:24 AM »

My sympathy to all victims and their families.  You are continually in my prayers.
Please know that every effort has been made to protect your privacy.  It is for this reason that in 2003 a document from the Ezra Church of God suggested I be consulted as to victims made privy to me who others might desire to contact directly.  This same document acknowledged that some victims may wish to maintain anonymity.

It appears a purported victim, who by his admission was an adult when trysts took place, is attempting to deflect criticism for his lack of action – again, lack of action by his admission.  Indeed, a competent adult, had he gone to authorities, it reasonably may be presumed that a number of adolescent victims would have been spared the anguish they have endured.

With regard to the suggestion that I was derelict, that I did not inform authorities, please note my letter below to the Washington, DC, CBS affiliate WUSA.  The actions of their reporter and cameraman the night of March 18, 2010, are evidence of the ineptness and insolence of too many of today’s journalists.  The fact of the matter is I spoke to [at the time Chief Deputy] Fairfax County Commonwealth's Attorney Ray Morrogh when allegations first surfaced here in Virginia in November 2006 (which conversation was followed by an investigation leading to an arrest) and while serving in Illinois I conferred with the Franklin County Sheriff, the late Bill Wilson, regarding allegations which came to my attention there (though in Illinois the statute of limitations had run).

With respect to the Ministerial Council of the Church of God, Inc., the hearts of the ministers who make up this Ministerial Council are grieved as a consequence of the suffering each victim has endured and continues to endure.  As to Pastor Tommy Shelton’s relationship with this organization, I trust the foregoing expression of sentiment is not soured when I say we too were groomed, deceived and taken advantage of.  In the time leading up to his ordination by our organization, Pastor Shelton was not forthright with those in the Ministerial Council's leadership.  Regarding his past, he was manipulative and misleading.  By giving the impression he had been mistreated by some in Illinois, he was able to play upon the sympathy he generated toward himself.  It appears he did not withhold information that accusations of some kind had been brought against him in Illinois.  He pronounced, however, upon the fact that these allegations were reviewed by law enforcement and not pursued.  The impression left was that the allegations were motivated by jealousy and were unfounded.

I was serving as secretary-treasurer of the Ministerial Council when Tommy Shelton mailed me his 2001 minister's card in March of 2001.  A responsibility of the secretary-treasurer of our Ministerial Council is to periodically issue each minister a "Minister's Card" which states the minister is "in good standing with the Ministerial Council of the Church of God."  That is to say the minister is in good standing with the ministers of the organization.  Pastor Tommy Shelton had been in good standing with the ministers of the organization as of late fall of 2000 when the 2001 Minister’s Card was mailed to him.

I have not attempted to "bring down" Tommy Shelton.  Actions I have taken have been intended to protect potential victims and to help bring Tommy Shelton to repentance and amendment of his life according to the will of God.

My letter to WUSA follows:

March 25, 2010

Mr. Fred D’Ambrosi, Director, News & Information Center
WUSA 9
4100 Wisconsin Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC  20016-2810

Dear Mr. D’Ambrosi:

This correspondence follows and makes reference to our telephone conversation of last Friday morning, March 19, 2010, regarding a news segment WUSA 9 broadcast I believe both Thursday night and Friday morning, March 18 and 19, 2010, and published in video format on the internet at the site which follows.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=98727&catid=158

A libelous inference is directed at me in this news segment suggesting malfeasance on my part.  Once again I am asking for a written apology and an editing of the segment.

The fact of the matter is that I spoke to [at the time Chief Deputy] Fairfax County Commonwealth's Attorney Ray Morrogh when allegations first surfaced here in Virginia in November 2006 (which conversation was followed by the present investigation) and while serving in Illinois I conferred with Franklin County, Illinois, Sheriff Bill Wilson regarding allegations which came to my attention there (though in Illinois the statute of limitations had run).

Your reporter and cameraman appeared at the front door of my home Thursday night, March 18.  On the news segment your reporter implies misconduct on my part despite documents she displayed on the news segment which plainly attest to the contrary, documents obtained online I presume from subpoenaed materials in a Massachusetts Federal District Court Case.

Apparently the reporter was influenced by a man, Duane Clem, who came under my pastoral discipline when I served the congregation of the Ezra Church of God in West Frankfort, Illinois.  Mr. Clem wrote on a blog this past weekend.

"The reporter in the video actually asked that at my suggestion. It really infuriates me that he was such a coward after so proudly stating in that letter that he had information on 6 boys who had been molested."

Mr. D’Ambrosi, I look forward to your prompt response.

Sincerely,

Pastor Glenn T. Dryden

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 06:18:33 AM »

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. Not only is he not sorry for his attack on me, he has now repeated it. What a great man of God.

So, you're telling us that Tommy Shelton was in good standing with the Ministerial Committee as of 2001. Is that correct? Could you please explain, then, why you resurrected the allegations in the late 1990s while pastor of Ezra Church of God, even going so far as to issue a letter of apology to the  Church of God general offices in Illinois for past actions by the church and some of its members? I do have witnesses who will corroborate what I am saying. You've been caught in a lie, and you're attempting to cover it with another lie. You've started something that you can't control. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

By the way, your attack on me is being publicized.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 11:00:21 AM »

Pastor Glenn,

In hindsight, would it not have been better to inform the ministerial council that you could not in good conscience sign Tommy's 2001 ministerial credentials? Then, if they still wanted to issue them, someone else could have signed that card.

Was the letter of apology Duane refers to an effort on your part outside of the ministerial council to deal with the allegations against Tommy? If so, then signing that card comes across differently to me, since you then would not have been ignoring the allegations. Still, in hindsight, I think it would have been wiser not to sign that card.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 01:30:06 PM »

My sympathy to all victims and their families.  You are continually in my prayers.
Please know that every effort has been made to protect your privacy.  It is for this reason that in 2003 a document from the Ezra Church of God suggested I be consulted as to victims made privy to me who others might desire to contact directly.  This same document acknowledged that some victims may wish to maintain anonymity.

It appears a purported victim, who by his admission was an adult when trysts took place, is attempting to deflect criticism for his lack of action – again, lack of action by his admission.  Indeed, a competent adult, had he gone to authorities, it reasonably may be presumed that a number of adolescent victims would have been spared the anguish they have endured.

With regard to the suggestion that I was derelict, that I did not inform authorities, please note my letter below to the Washington, DC, CBS affiliate WUSA.  The actions of their reporter and cameraman the night of March 18, 2010, are evidence of the ineptness and insolence of too many of today’s journalists.  The fact of the matter is I spoke to [at the time Chief Deputy] Fairfax County Commonwealth's Attorney Ray Morrogh when allegations first surfaced here in Virginia in November 2006 (which conversation was followed by an investigation leading to an arrest) and while serving in Illinois I conferred with the Franklin County Sheriff, the late Bill Wilson, regarding allegations which came to my attention there (though in Illinois the statute of limitations had run).

With respect to the Ministerial Council of the Church of God, Inc., the hearts of the ministers who make up this Ministerial Council are grieved as a consequence of the suffering each victim has endured and continues to endure.  As to Pastor Tommy Shelton’s relationship with this organization, I trust the foregoing expression of sentiment is not soured when I say we too were groomed, deceived and taken advantage of.  In the time leading up to his ordination by our organization, Pastor Shelton was not forthright with those in the Ministerial Council's leadership.  Regarding his past, he was manipulative and misleading.  By giving the impression he had been mistreated by some in Illinois, he was able to play upon the sympathy he generated toward himself.  It appears he did not withhold information that accusations of some kind had been brought against him in Illinois.  He pronounced, however, upon the fact that these allegations were reviewed by law enforcement and not pursued.  The impression left was that the allegations were motivated by jealousy and were unfounded.

I was serving as secretary-treasurer of the Ministerial Council when Tommy Shelton mailed me his 2001 minister's card in March of 2001.  A responsibility of the secretary-treasurer of our Ministerial Council is to periodically issue each minister a "Minister's Card" which states the minister is "in good standing with the Ministerial Council of the Church of God."  That is to say the minister is in good standing with the ministers of the organization.  Pastor Tommy Shelton had been in good standing with the ministers of the organization as of late fall of 2000 when the 2001 Minister’s Card was mailed to him.

I have not attempted to "bring down" Tommy Shelton.  Actions I have taken have been intended to protect potential victims and to help bring Tommy Shelton to repentance and amendment of his life according to the will of God.

My letter to WUSA follows:

March 25, 2010

Mr. Fred D’Ambrosi, Director, News & Information Center
WUSA 9
4100 Wisconsin Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC  20016-2810

Dear Mr. D’Ambrosi:

This correspondence follows and makes reference to our telephone conversation of last Friday morning, March 19, 2010, regarding a news segment WUSA 9 broadcast I believe both Thursday night and Friday morning, March 18 and 19, 2010, and published in video format on the internet at the site which follows.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=98727&catid=158

A libelous inference is directed at me in this news segment suggesting malfeasance on my part.  Once again I am asking for a written apology and an editing of the segment.

The fact of the matter is that I spoke to [at the time Chief Deputy] Fairfax County Commonwealth's Attorney Ray Morrogh when allegations first surfaced here in Virginia in November 2006 (which conversation was followed by the present investigation) and while serving in Illinois I conferred with Franklin County, Illinois, Sheriff Bill Wilson regarding allegations which came to my attention there (though in Illinois the statute of limitations had run).

Your reporter and cameraman appeared at the front door of my home Thursday night, March 18.  On the news segment your reporter implies misconduct on my part despite documents she displayed on the news segment which plainly attest to the contrary, documents obtained online I presume from subpoenaed materials in a Massachusetts Federal District Court Case.

Apparently the reporter was influenced by a man, Duane Clem, who came under my pastoral discipline when I served the congregation of the Ezra Church of God in West Frankfort, Illinois.  Mr. Clem wrote on a blog this past weekend.

"The reporter in the video actually asked that at my suggestion. It really infuriates me that he was such a coward after so proudly stating in that letter that he had information on 6 boys who had been molested."

Mr. D’Ambrosi, I look forward to your prompt response.

Sincerely,

Pastor Glenn T. Dryden

Ok, you are a complete idiot.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 01:31:05 PM »

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. Not only is he not sorry for his attack on me, he has now repeated it. What a great man of God.

So, you're telling us that Tommy Shelton was in good standing with the Ministerial Committee as of 2001. Is that correct? Could you please explain, then, why you resurrected the allegations in the late 1990s while pastor of Ezra Church of God, even going so far as to issue a letter of apology to the  Church of God general offices in Illinois for past actions by the church and some of its members? I do have witnesses who will corroborate what I am saying. You've been caught in a lie, and you're attempting to cover it with another lie. You've started something that you can't control. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

By the way, your attack on me is being publicized.

He is an idiot. End of story.
Alex L. Walker

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 01:35:14 PM »

Pastor Glenn,

In hindsight, would it not have been better to inform the ministerial council that you could not in good conscience sign Tommy's 2001 ministerial credentials? Then, if they still wanted to issue them, someone else could have signed that card.

Was the letter of apology Duane refers to an effort on your part outside of the ministerial council to deal with the allegations against Tommy? If so, then signing that card comes across differently to me, since you then would not have been ignoring the allegations. Still, in hindsight, I think it would have been wiser not to sign that card.

Bob Pickle:

You still refuse to condone the Pastor's comment. Why?

You know I consider you a friend, but fair is fair, Bob.

Do you want me to show log's of where you have scolded comment's of other members that posted comments like they did towards Duane?

For you to allow the pastor to make the comment like he did Duane, and not scold it, but to scold other's comments that are similar....has me in disbelief.

I trust you to do the right thing.
Alex L. Walker

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 01:41:10 PM »

Pastor Glenn,

Thank you, Bob. Now, will you please ask the Pastor to apologize for his statement on Duane.
Alex L. Walker

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 01:45:58 PM »

Pastor Glenn,

Thank you, Bob. Now, will you please ask the Pastor to apologize for his statement on Duane.
It will never happen, Alex. Pastor Dryden has shown he doesn't have the backbone. So, I've decided to handle it another way.
Duane Clem

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 01:47:27 PM »

Pastor Glenn,

It will never happen, Alex. Pastor Dryden has shown he doesn't have the backbone. So, I've decided to handle it another way.

That may be true. However, I am shocked that Bob Pickle did not condone that statement.
Alex L. Walker

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 02:33:18 PM »

You still refuse to condone the Pastor's comment. Why?

Because I think at this point I don't feel comfortable condoning his comment.

That may be true. However, I am shocked that Bob Pickle did not condone that statement.

Duane would likely be disappointed with me if I condoned it, and I think you'd be pretty upset at me too.

:scratch:

Hint: check the definition of "condone."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 08:48:13 PM »

It would send a wrong message, I think, if the Church of God leader who did more than most had to resign because he didn't do enough. The message it could send is, Don't do anything at all.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 11:09:54 PM »

Leader is a very generous use of the word. Ok, so he says he went to authorities. He also admits to sending out several letters to various people. He had no right to do that. He was saibg "hey everyone, I'm Glenn Dryden and I have some juicy gossip for you!" The letters were completely unnecessary and spread the story to people far and wide. Then, he has the nerve to say that he wss trying to protect the victims? Come on, Bob, please tell me you can see that's not true at all. From the very beginning in the late 90s. NOT in 2001 as he wants us to believe, this has been about him and him alone. The idea that he cares about the victims is laughable.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 11:18:16 PM by ex3abnemployee »
Duane Clem

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 02:15:06 AM »

Condone:  To forgive, disregard, overlook, disregrd without protest or censure.

Did you, perhaps, mean condem?

I am a little confused.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:06:59 AM by Gregory »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 06:19:30 AM »

He also admits to sending out several letters to various people. He had no right to do that. He was saibg "hey everyone, I'm Glenn Dryden and I have some juicy gossip for you!"

The letter of apology you referred to was signed by 11 people, including your brother Scott. It intentionally did not mention Tommy by name. It didn't even mention abuse.

The letter to Walt Thompson did not mention any victims by name. It did say that Tommy had abused 6 boys. I personally feel that it was right for Brother Dryden to inform Walt, so that Walt could take steps to protect children.

The reason I feel that way is that I was once responsible for certain things, and someone on our committee said more than once that a certain individual had issues, but never said what those issues were. Then something happened that could have been prevented if I had only known what the issues were. I was not very happy that I had been left in the dark because that committee member thought those issues were confidential. Those in charge of the safety and well being of others need to be informed when there are issues such as what Tommy has.

Suppose you were the leader of a church youth group, and you had a pedophile working with the group too, and someone on your church board knew about it but left you in the dark as to the person's problems out of concern for confidentiality. How would you feel?

I'm not saying the above to say that everything Brother Dryden did was right. I'm saying the above to say that I can't condemn him for sending these specific letters.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up