Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Glenn Dryden will you resign as pastor of the Community Church of God?  (Read 21910 times)

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
Re: Glenn Dryden will you resign as pastor of the Community Church of God?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »

I'm guessing he has called you and you have fallen for his smooth talk yet again. He has been caught lying, Bob. Bottom line. The allegations WERE brought back up at the time the letter was drafted. I have witnesses who will confirm that. He's attacking me because I won,t keep it quiet.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 04:42:41 PM »

You still refuse to condone the Pastor's comment. Why?

Because I think at this point I don't feel comfortable condoning his comment.

That may be true. However, I am shocked that Bob Pickle did not condone that statement.

Duane would likely be disappointed with me if I condoned it, and I think you'd be pretty upset at me too.

:scratch:

Hint: check the definition of "condone."
oops, You are correct Bob....I want you to publicly criticize and rejec to such staements as you have in the past.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 04:55:07 PM »

Bob....whatever....he needs to resign.

And for you church members on here running your mouths to Duane....SHAME ON YOU!!!!

How can you criticise anyone???????

YOU are the ones responsible for not protecting your YOUTH!!!! YOU are the ones who alowed Dennis and I to be m olested in YOUR church!!!!!!!!

So to come on here and criticize anyone is inconceivable.

SHAME ON YOU GLENN DRYDEN!!!! and SHAME ON YOU CCOG.

By the way Bob.....Rev. Fred Pelps is more of a leader than Glenn Dryden.......maybe even more of a pastor. Sure he wouldnt have signed his name like Glenn.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

DARVO

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 06:34:19 PM »

Bob....whatever....he needs to resign.

And for you church members on here running your mouths to Duane....SHAME ON YOU!!!!

YOU are the ones responsible for not protecting your YOUTH!!!! YOU are the ones who alowed Dennis and I to be m olested in YOUR church!!!!!!!!

Pretty accusatory statements.  Now who's a liar?  This posting is disgraceful Alex.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 07:40:47 PM »

You calling me a liar?
Alex L. Walker

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 09:22:52 PM »

I'm guessing he has called you and you have fallen for his smooth talk yet again. He has been caught lying, Bob. Bottom line. The allegations WERE brought back up at the time the letter was drafted.

One would have to think that the allegations had to be brought up at some point. Otherwise, some might wonder what they were apologizing for.

However, the letter itself doesn't say exactly what it's talking about. Tommy isn't named, and molestation isn't mentioned. I'm not saying that because of something Brother Dryden told me. I'm saying that because I've read the letter myself, having had it for some time.

One of the earliest references to the letter was made by a family member of a victim to me. That family member wanted to locate the letter so that it could be posted on Save 3ABN, in the hopes that the victim might read it and make contact with the family again.

The whole situation is very, very sad.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 09:36:17 PM »

With all due respect, I don't think you can blame church members who knew nothing about what was going on, and who had no idea about the allegations back in Illinois.

I would venture to guess that the majority at CCOG knew absolutely nothing. And thus it would likely be in just about every church out there.

The situation was different at some point at Ezra. After the mid-1980's, the congregation knew a bit more than absolutely nothing.

I think a key question is, Was the Ezra CoG writing a letter of apology wrong? If it was, then no one should expect apologies to come from the CCOG, even if they had known as much as the folks at Ezra after the mid-1980's. If it was not wrong to write that letter, then maybe someone somewhere should apologize sometime, if they feel they could have pursued a different course that would have better protected the innocent.

One person connected with Ezra told me that they battle with depression thinking about all the boys that were hurt, when they could have been better protected. I would think CCOG members also feel really, really bad.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 10:49:10 PM »

Bob my point is they need to quit playing the victims card. Go through what Dennis and I did...then Glenn and his followers can claim to be victims.
Alex L. Walker

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 03:48:05 AM »

I'm guessing he has called you and you have fallen for his smooth talk yet again. He has been caught lying, Bob. Bottom line. The allegations WERE brought back up at the time the letter was drafted.

One would have to think that the allegations had to be brought up at some point. Otherwise, some might wonder what they were apologizing for.

However, the letter itself doesn't say exactly what it's talking about. Tommy isn't named, and molestation isn't mentioned. I'm not saying that because of something Brother Dryden told me. I'm saying that because I've read the letter myself, having had it for some time.

One of the earliest references to the letter was made by a family member of a victim to me. That family member wanted to locate the letter so that it could be posted on Save 3ABN, in the hopes that the victim might read it and make contact with the family again.

The whole situation is very, very sad.
Of course Tommy isn't mentioned. I wasn't mentioned by name last week, either. Dryden words things in such a way that he  thinks he can in no way be held responsible for what he writes. The apology letter should have never been written, especially by a meddling pastor looking to protect his own skin. This was about jealousy. Dryden was never the pastor Tommy Shelton was, and he knew it. All this talk about how concerned he is about the victims is sickening. He has proven time and again this is hogwash. He has spread the story far and wide, not caring who it hurt. He said I'm responsible for other victims being abused. Unbelieveably, some are still supporting and defending him. It's seriously like a cult. Hopefully most of you will wake up and see this snake for who he is before you drink the koolaid.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:00:07 AM by ex3abnemployee »
Duane Clem

vestedinterest

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 04:08:15 AM »

Duane and Alex,
Praying for you both.
Cindy

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 04:33:41 AM »

Duane and Alex,
Praying for you both.
Cindy
Better pray for your pastor to get saved while you,re praying.
Duane Clem

DARVO

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 04:55:48 AM »

You calling me a liar?

"YOU are the ones responsible for not protecting your YOUTH!!!! YOU are the ones who alowed Dennis and I to be m olested in YOUR church!!!!!!!!"

If telling a lie makes one a liar -- and you infact posted the above sentenced, then yes I'm saying you're a liar. 

I'm also stating that you live by a double-standard.  You want to name call, bully, shut people down, demand resignations, pick which questions directed to you to answer and not answer --- but heaven forbid it be done to you.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 07:24:15 AM »

I'm done conversing with you. *****************

Edited to remove inappropriate content.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:31:15 AM by Snoopy »
Alex L. Walker

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 07:26:50 AM »

ADMIN HAT ON

Alex, I asked nicely once, and I'm not going to ask again.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 08:25:24 AM »

Well, Duane.....I still don't see an apology to you....
Alex L. Walker
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up