Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Illness in the End Times  (Read 6235 times)

Enoch

Illness in the End Times
« on: February 12, 2012, 05:51:54 PM »

I've heard before that somewhere in the writings of Ellen White she states that in the end times many of God's people will goto their rest (mainly the elderly I suppose) because they would be unable to physically endure the time of trouble.  Has anyone heard this and if so where did she write this? Thank you.

Johann

Re: Illness in the End Times
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:13:02 PM »

Yes, it's there somewhere. Early Writings?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Illness in the End Times
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 05:06:13 AM »

Quote from: CH 375
The Lord "doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men." Lamentations 3:33. "Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear Him. For He knoweth our frame; He remembereth that we are dust." Psalm 103:13, 14. He knows our heart, for He reads every secret of the soul. He knows whether or not those for whom petitions are offered would be able to endure the trial and test that would come upon them if they lived. He knows the end from the beginning. Many will be laid away to sleep before the fiery ordeal of the time of trouble shall come upon our world. This is another reason why we should say after our earnest petition; "Nevertheless not my will, but Thine, be done." Luke 22:42. Such a petition will never be registered in heaven as a faithless prayer. (CH 375)

Quote from: 2SM 259
This promise is yours. You may be comforted and trust in the Lord. The Lord has often instructed me that many little ones are to be laid away before the time of trouble. We shall see our children again. We shall meet them and know them in the heavenly courts. Put your trust in the Lord, and be not afraid.--Letter 196, 1899. (2SM 259)
Pages: [1]   Go Up