Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions on Homosexuality  (Read 17566 times)

Gregory

• Veteran Member
Re: Questions on Homosexuality
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 04:59:13 PM »

Snoopy, Alex resigned because he believes that the Bible is clear that non-celebate homosexuals should not be pastors.

I assume that you agree with that.

I do not believe that Alex has ever stated that he believes that homosexual practice is not a sin.  Maybe he does, but I do not believe that he has ever said such.

Rather, I see him as saying that he lacked at that time the power to live a celebate life.  Maybe that is still his posistion.  I will suggest that  probably all of us, certainly I have, have been is situtations where we lacked the power to  live free of some personal sin that we have.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:04:43 PM by Gregory »

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 05:01:56 PM »

Snoopy: I make no excuses. I believe I was clear when I stated at the time I was a pastor and was ordained I was not in a homosexual relationship, nor had I engaged in homosexual activity.

At the time I was pastoring, there was no romantic encouters and I had remained free from sex.

At this time I was fighting the issue of homosexuality, and believed at that time I could be cured of it.

It was later I formed another relationship and immediately resigned my church.

Why? Because while I do argue that homosexuality is not a choice. It is up to the homosexual whether or not they form a relationship.

I believe the Bible is very clear on practicing homosexuals to be pastors just as the apostle Paul is very clear on women clergy.
That is why I immediately resigned.

Alex, I am in no position to judge you, and I apologize if I came off that way yesterday.  However, I vehemently disagree with your statement that I have bolded above.  The Bible is abundantly clear that homosexuality is a sin, and it is a sin regardless of whether or not one is a pastor.

Snoopy you and I do not disagree on this. The sin is not for one to be homosexual, but to engage in the behavior. I believe it is wrong for a practicing homosexual to be over a church. That is why I resigned.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 05:07:57 PM »

Snoopy, Alex resigned because he believes that the Bible is clear that non-celebate homosexuals should not be pastors.

I do not believe that Alex has ever stated that he believes that homosexual practice is not a sin.  Maybe he does, but I do not believe that he has ever said such.

Rather, I see him as saying that he lacked at that time the power to live a celebate life.  Maybe that is still his posistion.  I will suggest that  probably all of us, certainly I have, have been is situtations where we lacked the power to  live free of some personal sin that we have.

You are correct. I do believe it is a sin, not to be homosexual, but to engage in the behavior.

When it came to the point that I was unable to refrain from the behavior, I left the church.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 05:11:41 PM »

At this point in time, in my opinion,  there is insufficient interest or demand for the debate on homosexual advancement for it to be noticed and pursued.

A former AUC president apparently went public in his support of that cause, to my surprise, unless another person by the same name was the one who signed the petition.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 05:20:45 PM »

Gregory,

My issue is with Alex trying to equate homosexual pastors to female pastors and saying that Paul is equally clear on both.  I disagree.  It is that simple!!

horsethief

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 07:23:49 PM »

There is no honor in being a sodomite. It is CLEARLY condemned in scripture. Christianity and homosexuality cannot coexist.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 07:42:09 PM »

Horsethief, clearly you can read, you are so full of hate towards homosexuals, I question whether you are heeding to Jesus' words to love thy neighbor.

I believe we have been over this. Do I currently live a homosexual life? Yes. I have been with my partner, Zach, for nearly a year now.

I no longer attend church and I no longer am a pastor.

Does this make me less a person? No. 

I, for one, know all to well what comments like yours accomplish and its not good. That is why an overwhelmingly number of homosexuals do not attend church.
Alex L. Walker

horsethief

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 07:43:06 PM »

Alex, your attorney has never asked you to keep quiet concerning your lawsuit? It would be wise if you did. That would mean not getting on the internet and making a spectacle of yourself. With your comments, you seem pretty proud of your homosexuality. Even to the point where you try to use scripture and Christian reasoning to justify it. Some people here have heard similar attempts at trying to put a Christian spin on homosexuality by no other than Tommy Shelton. 

Are you pursuing this lawsuit because of some psychological damage that you are still suffering from over what happened to you?

From your comments, it sounds as though you are settled into your gay lifestyle unregretfully. This causes me to wonder if you are just being opportunistic.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 07:50:22 PM »

Because I admit to being a homosexual has nothing to do with what happened when I was younger.

Is it possible that what occured to me caused me to be homosexual? Perhaps.

I don't understand what that has to do with anyone molesting a child.

Not all homosexuals are child pedophiles, horsethief.
Alex L. Walker

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 07:53:33 PM »

Because I admit to being a homosexual has nothing to do with what happened when I was younger.

Is it possible that what occured to me caused me to be homosexual? Perhaps.

I don't understand what that has to do with anyone molesting a child.

Not all homosexuals are child pedophiles, horsethief.

I thought your position was that a homosexual is born that way - that it is not a choice.  So how could what happened to you cause you to be homosexual?

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 07:54:13 PM »

Perhaps, I was wrong, maybe you cannot read. When and where did I use scripture to justify living a homosexual lifestyle?
Alex L. Walker

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 07:57:56 PM »

I do not believe people chose to be that way. I know I did not. I do believe that people can chose whether or not to live the lifestyle but they do not chose to be attracted to the same sex.
Alex L. Walker

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 08:04:46 PM »

Homosexuals are no more born homosexual than a heterosexual is born heterosexual.

My position is that it is not a choice. But, perhaps things that happen in a childs early years can play a factor in their sexuality. I am not an expert.

I know numerous homsexuals who have not been molested who say they have always been attracted to the same sex.

That is why I hold the position that it is not a choice.
Alex L. Walker

horsethief

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2012, 08:10:06 PM »

Sodomy is sin. Clear rebellion against Christ. Alex, you are sodomite. You do not know the scriptures or the power of God. You are in error.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 08:22:22 PM »

Homosexuals are no more born homosexual than a heterosexual is born heterosexual.

My position is that it is not a choice. But, perhaps things that happen in a childs early years can play a factor in their sexuality. I am not an expert.

I know numerous homsexuals who have not been molested who say they have always been attracted to the same sex.

That is why I hold the position that it is not a choice.

I was born heterosexual.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up