Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions on Homosexuality  (Read 17391 times)

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
Re: Questions on Homosexuality
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 10:25:30 PM »

So, let me ask this....Is it possible that a molestor could be the cause of a young adult becoming homosexual?

I know that Dennis and myself are both homosexual. My sources tell me that Rick Shelton is also a practicing homosexual. I believe, Bob, told me he was aware of a couple in Illinois.

So is it a coincidence that many of us who were molested are now homosexual? Probably not.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:36:41 PM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2012, 10:53:47 PM »

I believe it could very well be a factor.

Johann

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2012, 11:30:17 PM »

Alex, in some ways I understand you so well. You see I am the son of a homosexual. Not only that, but I carry the name of my father's dear friend. who later became my church school teacher.My father finally married and I was born when he was 40. His friend, Johann, never married. He was a very kind man, especially to boys, and there is no doubt I was his favorite since I carried his name.

So you see I learned early to read Paul with the eyes of a homosexual. Just like you are doing.

Much later, as I was studying the history of the early church and the development of Roman Catholicism, I also learned to read Paul with the eyes of a solid Roman Catholic. But through all of this I have remained a faithful protestant and a Sevent-day Adventist. For this reason I never interpret Paul with the eyes of a homosexual nor a Roman Catholic. The homosexual way I learned from my father is quite similar to that of the Roman Catholic. What seems so clear to you as a homosexual is blurred and confusing to me when I don't wear my homosexual glasses. I prefer reading Paul as a Seventh-day Adventist, and then he is completely clear to me - no confusion. And this is where I clearly understand those leaders of the Seventh-day Adventist who follow their own conscience and refuse to bow, neither to the homosexual nor the Roman Catholic rendering of Paul.

I might explain to you later how I discovered my father's homosexual understanding of Paul. But this is all for now.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 12:41:12 AM »

Thanks Johann for your story.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:21:48 AM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 03:18:28 AM »

I no longer attend church and I no longer am a pastor.

I would hope that you could find a congregation that was conservative where you could worship as you do have conservative leanings in your approach to Scripture.   Such congregations do exist and who welcome all to attend, but may restrict membership in their congregation.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 03:28:39 AM »

Not all homosexuals are child pedophiles, horsethief.

The majority of homosexuals are not pedophiles.

As a point of interest, pedophilics can be classified psychologically into 27 different types.  They are not all the same.  This classification systesm does not consider whether or not they are homosexual as homosexuality and pedophilia are two different systems.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 03:33:20 AM »

I, for one, know all to well what comments like yours (horsethief) accomplish and its not good. That is why an overwhelmingly number of homosexuals do not attend church.

It is clearly the reason why many do not attend chruch.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 03:42:05 AM »

My position is that it is not a choice. But, perhaps things that happen in a childs early years can play a factor in their sexuality. I am not an expert.

Experts are attempting to determine the origon of homosexuality.  So far, the evidence is not convincing.  They are generally exploring three different areas:

1) Genetic:  The evidence is not convincing.
2) Pre-natal  (pre-birth): Something that happens prior to birth that is not related to genetics.  Not convincing.
3) Post-natal (after birth):  Something that happens to a probablly very young child after birth.  Not convincing.

There may be some evidence that seems to support each of the above.  In all of the above, it is not convincing and none of the above seems to apply to all homosexuals.  As I have said before: The etiology of homosexuality is not clear.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 05:19:52 AM by Gregory »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2012, 04:57:15 AM »

So is it a coincidence that many of us who were molested are now homosexual? Probably not.

Such would in all probability involve the choice of someone else, not the choice of the child.

Unfortunately, in many areas of life, the choices of others affect us. Is a drunk driver running over an innocent bystander a choice? Yes. The driver's choice to drive while intoxicated, not the bystander's.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2012, 12:33:13 PM »

I agree Bob.
Alex L. Walker

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2012, 12:35:52 PM »

I agree Bob. So in other words Bob would you agree, perhaps, that homosexuality is not a choice?

Would you agree, perhaps, that one does not chose to be gay, but that it is possible that some factors in ones childhood could dictate ones sexuality? IOW, do you think it is possible the choice is made for them?
Alex L. Walker

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2012, 12:40:56 PM »

I no longer attend church and I no longer am a pastor.

I would hope that you could find a congregation that was conservative where you could worship as you do have conservative leanings in your approach to Scripture.   Such congregations do exist and who welcome all to attend, but may restrict membership in their congregation.

Gregory, I do know a lot of scripture. I was raised in a Christian home, my father was a Free Will Baptist minister for ove 40 years.

I atteded the Ezra Christian School, and have went through Bible siminars as well.

I have attended a few chrches and have not settled on one yet.
Alex L. Walker

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2012, 12:52:57 PM »

Ok I am just spoiled by Facebook......"Likes" for Johann, ALex(again), Snoopy, and Gregory!  Some powerful lessons to learn in this thread, folks........

Well, if you lived int eh area, Alex, I would invite you to my church....but then the conservative portion might be a problem!  LOL!!  Seriously, I pray you soon find a church home that is truly following the unconditional love of Our Heavenly Father. 

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2012, 04:07:10 PM »

I agree Bob. So in other words Bob would you agree, perhaps, that homosexuality is not a choice?

Would you agree, perhaps, that one does not chose to be gay, but that it is possible that some factors in ones childhood could dictate ones sexuality? IOW, do you think it is possible the choice is made for them?

I agree that it is possible that someone else's choices triggered the development of this unnatural desire (unnatural in that it wasn't part of God's original plan at Creation). What each of us do with our desires, however, is tied to our own choices. We can influence the intensity and duration of our desires by what we choose to do or not do.

horsethief

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2012, 07:14:34 PM »

Why is there even a discussion about homosexuality on this Christian site? It is clearly described as an abomination in the Bible. The scriptures clearly define it's partakers as sodomites. The more time spent on this topic is doing exactly what homosexuals want, that is to present and expose this behavior more and more so to condition people to consider it normal and not repulsive. Thus making it more acceptable.

That's exactly the way that Satan conditions Christian believers into accepting sinful behavior as normal behavior.

Do we want this site to be used as that kind of conditioning tool?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 07:28:26 PM by horsethief »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up