Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions on Homosexuality  (Read 17543 times)

Gregory

• Veteran Member
Re: Questions on Homosexuality
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2012, 07:29:56 PM »

Why do you participate?

It is probably for the same reasons that we participate.

If you really beliee what you said, whay are you a part of it?

horsethief

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2012, 08:10:34 PM »

Because I, like many of us, let myself get drawn into it because I wanted to make my points. But I realize that I fell into the very trap that I just described. I regret getting involved now. I became part of that deception. We all know the scriptures condemn it. We all know where to go to find that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 08:14:41 PM by horsethief »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2012, 08:16:36 PM »

Why is there even a discussion about homosexuality on this Christian site? It is clearly described as an abomination in the Bible. The scriptures clearly define it's partakers as sodomites. The more time spent on this topic is doing exactly what homosexuals want, that is to present and expose this behavior more and more so to condition people to consider it normal and not repulsive. Thus making it more acceptable.

That's exactly the way that Satan conditions Christian believers into accepting sinful behavior as normal behavior.

Do we want this site to be used as that kind of conditioning tool?

horsethief, you've hit on a very important point. The Hebrew economy required washing one's clothes and flesh in water whenever one contacted certain things that were unclean. This was to teach that contact with sin defiles. And you hit on one of the things that qualifies as such defilement.

Whenever movies or TV programs present things as acceptable or cool or funny, and we watch such things as entertainment, it conditions our minds to be more accepting of it. Sometimes the screenwriter is intentionally trying to persuade us or change our thinking, while we think we're only watching something as entertainment.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2012, 08:43:39 PM »

Horsethief: Noone forced you to partake or add your two cents.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

horsethief

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2012, 09:32:34 PM »

Is that not what's happening on AT when we are bombarded with a line of reasoning suggesting and insisting that a lifestyle and behavior is not a disease and not a choice? That these persons can fill the calling as pastors? 

The subtle notion that the lifestyle is normal and natural is behind that reasoning.

It is an attempt to get believers to accept abominable behavior as normal. It's happening right here on this sight.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:24:21 PM by horsethief »

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2012, 05:05:01 AM »

Hmm,
seems horsethief that is whats happening on all subjects.  Just think what goes on with SDA professors teaching the Evolution theory, and the change of input of Scripture in SDA foundations.  It's really the signs of times and the enemy is much more aggressiv with roaring waves over our heads. Hopefully some of the discussions planted a seed somewhere.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2012, 05:19:03 AM »

Is that not what's happening on AT when we are bombarded with a line of reasoning suggesting and insisting that a lifestyle and behavior is not a disease and not a choice? That these persons can fill the calling as pastors? 

The subtle notion that the lifestyle is normal and natural is behind that reasoning.

It is an attempt to get believers to accept abominable behavior as normal. It's happening right here on this sight.

Perhaps you are misunderstanding what is happening. Alex has not been arguing that behavior is not a choice. He's been arguing that desire is not a choice, and I've been arguing that we can't say that desire is never the result of choices. In dialoging back and forth, Alex has come to the point where he thinks that desire can result from some choices, specifically the choices of others. But I haven't noticed him say that behavior, giving in to the desires, is not a choice.

If you want to read something in the SoP that gets close to this topic, but not quite exactly the same, try 2T 391. There we have described how the sinful choices of the parents affects the children, even infants. That isn't to say that the children don't have a choice at some point, and that isn't to say that what is described is natural. Notice the words "unnatural" and "degraded" on that page.

horsethief

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2012, 05:57:35 AM »

The more time spent on this topic is doing exactly what homosexuals want, that is to present and expose this behavior more and more so to condition people to consider it normal and not repulsive. Thus making it more acceptable.

It's not going to change Bob. This person dialogues wth you on this subject because they want the attention.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 06:02:55 AM by horsethief »

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2012, 07:09:27 AM »

It is possible that Bob can help the understanding of ones dilemma. and also others that just might be looking at these posts.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up