Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 04 07  (Read 12946 times)

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
Re: 2012 04 07
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 02:00:43 PM »

Johann- I believe there is an eternal hell and an eternal Heaven.

Those who have accepted Christ will be with him eternally. Those who chose not too will burn in hell for eternity.

Tinka: I do NOT believe everyone will be saved. The SBC believes if you have been saved your salvation cannot be taken from you. Perhaps you have heard of John Calvin? While Calvin was right on many ideas, some of them was far stretched. One of those is predestination. I totally disagree with that idea.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Johann

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 06:52:41 PM »

Johann- I believe there is an eternal hell and an eternal Heaven.

Those who have accepted Christ will be with him eternally. Those who chose not too will burn in hell for eternity.

Tinka: I do NOT believe everyone will be saved. The SBC believes if you have been saved your salvation cannot be taken from you. Perhaps you have heard of John Calvin? While Calvin was right on many ideas, some of them was far stretched. One of those is predestination. I totally disagree with that idea.

Revelation 21

1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

These are the words of God, not man: There shall be no more death! Where the Bible speaks of eternal - means an eternal effect. No more death. No more sin. Total cleansing of the Universe. Thank God for that. Let no man-made doctrine prevent you from having this hope in HIM

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »

Johann if you consider burning in hell "death", you could not be anymore incorrect.

People who chose not to accept Christ as their Lord and Savior will burn in hell for ALL eternity.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 06:51:43 PM »

So are you planning to burn in hell for all eternity because you are a practicing homosexual, Alex?

youngwarrior

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 10:40:23 PM »

Romans 6:23 says the wages of sin is death not eternal life in hell.  Death is defined as the absence of life; not life in another existence.  Ps. 6:5 says there is no remembrance of God.  In Ez. 28:19 says the king of Tyre, who, according to most Bible scholars is a representation of Satan, will be reduced to ashes on the earth and will never exist again.  If he doesn't exist he can't be in hell.  Mal. 4:1, 3  says the wicked will be burned up leaving neither root nor branch and they will be ashes under the righteous' feet.  Jude 7 says Sodom and Gomorrah were an example of what will happen to the wicked and they suffered the vengeance of eternal fire.  They are not still burning.  Jesus himself said death is a sleep.  You don't know anything when you are sleeping.

This is only a small sample of what the Bible says on the subject of death and hell.  The weight of evidence is very heavy on the side of the SDA belief and very light on the idea of an immortal soul.  In fact the only way I can get the idea of an immortal soul is to ignore the weight of evidence (plain, unequivocal statements) and misinterpret a comparative few verses.  Here are a couple of the plain ones; I Tim. 6:16 speaking of God says, "Who alone has immortality" and I Cor 15:53 which says "this mortal must put on immortality."  When does Paul say we must put on immortality?  "At the last trump."  In other words when Jesus returns.  Now if I already had an immortal soul then I wouldn't need to put on immortality when Jesus returns and Paul didn't know what he was talking about.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 06:07:38 PM »

ADMIN STATEMENT
Differences of opinion expressed to other members in the form of threat or blackmail, whether implicit or implied, will not be tolerated under any circumstances from anyone. We can, and will, discuss and differ in a civil manner, and anyone who presumes to present themselves as a threat to another's person, family, community, or livelihood will be removed as unfit to be a part of civil conversation and debate.

No matter how strongly we differ, we can and WILL remain civil.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 07:06:02 PM »

:-)
Alex L. Walker

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 08:16:48 PM »

ADMIN STATEMENT
Differences of opinion expressed to other members in the form of threat or blackmail, whether implicit or implied, will not be tolerated under any circumstances from anyone. We can, and will, discuss and differ in a civil manner, and anyone who presumes to present themselves as a threat to another's person, family, community, or livelihood will be removed as unfit to be a part of civil conversation and debate.

No matter how strongly we differ, we can and WILL remain civil.

It's really too bad that some folks just don't get it!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up