Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the Sabbath a 'test of loyalty'?  (Read 13184 times)

reddogs

Is the Sabbath a 'test of loyalty'?
« on: April 10, 2008, 02:51:16 AM »

Will the Sabbath be the defining factor in ones salvation? Many believers who are God fearing and upright do not observe Saturday as the Sabbath, will the Sabbath be the only litmus test that sets Gods people apart in the end?

The Sabbath will be the great test of loyalty, for it is the point of truth especially controverted. When the final test shall be brought to bear upon men, then the line of distinction will be drawn between those who serve God and those who serve Him not. While the observance of the false sabbath in compliance with the law of the state, contrary to the fourth commandment, will be an avowal of allegiance to a power that is in opposition to God, the keeping of the true Sabbath, in obedience to God's law, is an evidence of loyalty to the Creator. While one class, by accepting the sign of submission to earthly powers, receive the mark of the beast, the other choosing the token of allegiance to divine authority, receive the seal of God. {GC 605.2}

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
Re: Is the Sabbath a 'test of loyalty'?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 05:57:22 PM »

I believe that  Sabbath-keeping is only a "sign" of heart loyalty. This heart loyalty will likely be tested in other ways as well.

The Sabbath is not yet such a sign, because the issue has not yet  become prominent before all the world. When the issue becomes clear, with the state attempting to compel citizens to keep Sunday, with economic sanctions against those who will not comply, then it will be a test of loyalty. Right now, I'm sure there are more loyal hearts in other churches than in the Adventist church. (I mean literal numbers.)  When the test comes, these will join together with the loyal ones in the Adventist church to become God's final "remnant."

Will the Sabbath be the defining factor in ones salvation? Many believers who are God fearing and upright do not observe Saturday as the Sabbath, will the Sabbath be the only litmus test that sets Gods people apart in the end?

The Sabbath will be the great test of loyalty, for it is the point of truth especially controverted. When the final test shall be brought to bear upon men, then the line of distinction will be drawn between those who serve God and those who serve Him not. While the observance of the false sabbath in compliance with the law of the state, contrary to the fourth commandment, will be an avowal of allegiance to a power that is in opposition to God, the keeping of the true Sabbath, in obedience to God's law, is an evidence of loyalty to the Creator. While one class, by accepting the sign of submission to earthly powers, receive the mark of the beast, the other choosing the token of allegiance to divine authority, receive the seal of God. {GC 605.2}

Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 07:10:46 PM »

Is there an area in life that the Sabbath will not be a test for at the very end? What's your weakest link?

• Like popularity? Won't be popular keeping the Sabbath.
  • Like to eat? How are you going to get food when you can't buy or sell?
  • Like your job? No comment necessary.
  • Tend to put family first above God?
  • etc.
  • etc.

Tsatsui

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 06:47:20 AM »

For those by whom the Sabbath is understood and observed "more fully", the benefits and blessings received will certainly redefine them  spiritually, certainly forwarding the process of sanctification.  In the more common view of it being a counter observance to Sunday, there is only very limited benefit, the Sabbath being more of a burden for some than a blessing.

RedFalcon

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 12:38:34 PM »

Christ said "The sabbath was made for man and not man for the sabbath."
The sabbath was meant to be a blessing to us. A day to stop our labors and come apart to be with God and our fellow believers. If God had not done this we would be working 7 days a week with no rest at all. I for one am very thankful for that one day of rest at the end of a hard week.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 06:41:17 PM »

The sabbath was meant to be a blessing to us. A day to stop our labors and come apart to be with God and our fellow believers. If God had not done this we would be working 7 days a week with no rest at all. I for one am very thankful for that one day of rest at the end of a hard week.

I LOVE Sabbath and don't even answer the phone if/when it rings. If it's an emergency, my family knows how to contact me otherwise, calls go through to 'message bank', which can be answered in my time. I look forward to each Sabbath so much.

Maxey

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 04:04:01 PM »

Sabbath observance, rest and regeneration, is a huge blessing that all could benefit from.  I would like to cast my vote for two Sabbaths per week.

Maxey

peaches

• The Three Angels Message
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 11:42:07 AM »

Yes the Sabbath is a test of ones loyalty.  Nevertheless, many who are not keeping Sabbath will be permitted to enter into heaven. 
When God speaks man should listen
http://thethreeam.com/index.php?

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 10:41:42 PM »

Yes the Sabbath is a test of ones loyalty.
Always?

What about those who have never heard of any "Sabbath" except Sunday?
  Nevertheless, many who are not keeping Sabbath will be permitted to enter into heaven. 
Even if they are tested and found to be disloyal? :dunno:
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

Johann

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 05:48:57 AM »

Somewhere Ellen White ties Religious Liberty in with some of the final events, as if that also could be a test. It appears as if the late pope somehow tied Seventh-day Adventists in with those granting the individual too much religious liberty because we teach each individual has to make the final decision if we want to be saved or not.

Although a different issue, this reminds me of a letter I saw the other day written by a Pentecostal on the Ten Commandments. He admits Pentecostals in the past have mainly dealt with man's relationship with God and extraordinary tokens of this relationship. Therefore they have not dealt so much with doctrines and the Commandments as such. In one aspect he feels Pentecostals have adhered to the Protestant rendition of the Ten Commandments by not having any images in their sanctuaries. In stead of paintings and graven images they post Scripture passages where they gather for worship.

His letter was written in private correspondence as an answer to a question how the Pentecostals divide the Commandments, like the Catholics or the Reformers. He stated that personally he preferred the division of the Reformers, although the Pentecostals have never made a declaration on this question.

Who knows what will happen when this question becomes a question of loyalty to the Creator? Will that be a mere question of Sabbath or Sunday, or will it be a question of full loyalty and acceptance of the pure Gospel of Christ, which includes real Sabbath observance?
Pages: [1]   Go Up