Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Danny Shelton Takes on Charles Barkley!!  (Read 19379 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Danny Shelton Takes on Charles Barkley!!
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 02:30:19 PM »

Of course he has played basketball on company time, with 3ABN workers also on company time.

Maybe we should hope that that was the least problematic thing he was doing on company time.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 06:31:21 PM »

Remember, he is not employed but simply a consultant being paid for a non-compete agreement. They should have done the same for Linda...she is about to compete...may the Lord Bless her efforts and may she prosper as 3ABN diminishes!!! But not before she gets paid the judgment she won.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 03:56:18 PM »

The judgment she won?

Where was this announced?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 04:07:47 PM »

The judgment she won?

Where was this announced?

Yes, I'm interested in hearing the details of that, also!

~ Cindy

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 03:43:35 PM »

Oh brother...  This is how the rumors and gossip starts.

Mr Joy's message is confusing. He is apparently being hopeful both about 3ABN diminishing, and about them paying Linda for winning a judgment before that happens.

To be clear.

Linda Shelton hasn't won any judgment. She has never even filed a case against 3ABN.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 03:48:13 PM »

I thought that we had heard for a long time that Linda had a case going with 3ABN, or was it Danny Shelton?

~ Cindy

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 06:29:25 PM »

As no one seems to be answering you.

The only case that Linda Shelton is involved in is the marital property case with Danny Shelton.
When they got divorced they agreed he would file for the divorce and she would file the related case having to do with the division of the remainder of marital property that they had not already agreed on. The property case has NOTHING to do with 3ABN, nor with her previous job and position there.

For some reason the case has still not been resolved. Since she moved to Norway there are a series of failure to appear/ failure to show cause notices listed on the on the court docket and then some conference calls from months ago, and that's it.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 01:04:48 AM »

Getting back on topic, if it was a one-on-one game between Danny and Barkley, my money would be on Danny. He is a grandfather with one eye, and he wears boots, but he has beat everyone I've ever seen him take on.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2012, 10:27:38 AM »

Would wearing boots negatively affect his performance?

I was impressed more than a little by his basket/hoops ability.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2012, 10:53:44 PM »

Would wearing boots negatively affect his performance?

I was impressed more than a little by his basket/hoops ability.
It's not easy to shoot while wearing cowboy boots, and definitely impare performance.

AVoiceInTheWilderness

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 10:26:18 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98PfSJYKNsc

What do you honestly think of this?

I see a worldling idolizing a man.

No true SDA condones competitive sports, partakes of them, nor praises those who are part of them.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2012, 11:36:24 AM »

And you have the authority to decide who is a true SDA!

"Lord, deliver me from such.  I trust in you."

AVoiceInTheWilderness

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2012, 03:12:09 PM »

And you have the authority to decide who is a true SDA!

"Lord, deliver me from such.  I trust in you."

Are replies such as above common on this forum? Is there a habit here, like in many places, to misconstrue one's words and to seek to add weight to them, weight which they do not carry?

If a genuine Adventist disregards/rejects plainly revealed truths found in the Scriptures and the Testimonies, is he a truly seen as such by God? If he follows the world and neglects to walk in the advancing light which is emanating from God's throne to His remnant people, has he really put his all on the altar of sacrifice, giving evidence to his trust in the Great I AM, or are his words of assurance of his salvation really just a sad statement of self-deception?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2012, 07:20:16 PM »

Yes, Mr. Gregory, on occasion your denial of the Gift of Prophecy shows through so decisively!
And this is one of those moments.

There is plenty of guidance on this issue in the Counsels. And, yes, by their fruits ye shall know them. Your fruit is showing here and you may need a graft or two. I know I certainly do!!!

Soon, there will be very clear differences between those REMNANT SDA's and those who will be blown out of the Faith of Jesus by every wind of strife. Unfortunately, on the way between here and their, there will be many clear signs where we stand in our relationship and the direction of that relationship, like it or not. And reproof is simply a way for the Spirit to call us to repentance, revival and reformation.

There are clearly those who can identify the difference between the real Faith and the artificial. And they do use the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy as their standard, and yes, their vision is clear and well grounded in Faith. Accept it as a call to Faith and if you have a problem, accept the call and self exam to determine if just perhaps your human ego must be set aside for the calling of the Spirit. Do not reject that Spirit and accept it's call.

May even change your perspective on Women's Ordination to accept God's perfect purpose for HIS Church to be a peculiar people that DO believe the Bible is the Foundation of Faith and don't use human imperfect reasoning to abandon God's Purpose for HIS Church.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 02:38:13 AM »

Gailon, life is a spiritual journey, even for SDAs.  None of us, to include your and I perfectly understand what God wills for us.  It is the Holyl Spirit that convilcts us of what Gkod wants of us.  all of us have more to learn.  It just may be that there are ture Christian, SDAs who are not yet convicted by the Holyl Spirit on the issue of competative sports.  That may be due to the fact that God is working on them on issues that are more important.  Do not fear, God is in charge, neither you nor I.  But, if they have not rejected the present leading of the Holyl Spirit they are true Christians.

So, I say again: "Lord deliver me from the judgements of those who are unwilling to wait for the convicting power of the Holy Spirit and take upon themselvles the task of determining who are true Christians."

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up