Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sabbath Keeping  (Read 4166 times)

christian

Sabbath Keeping
« on: May 23, 2013, 06:30:41 AM »

In my ongoing discussion with a friend of mine, I was a little stumped. We were discussing the Sabbath issue and the importance of keeping the entire commandments of God when the subject turned to what I call rational projective conclusions. He asked the question was it possible to keep the Sabbath without keeping all the ten. Then he asked me was I keeping all the other commandments, living a righteous life, insinuating that if I was not I could not possibly be keeping the Sabbath because the bible makes it clear if you are guilty of one then you are guilty of breaking all the commandments, and if that is the case what is the use of the Sabbath but to condemn.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Sabbath Keeping
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 12:54:55 PM »

Proves too much.

"Then he asked me was I keeping all the other commandments, living a righteous life, insinuating that if I was not I could not possibly be keeping the 7th commandments because the bible makes it clear if you are guilty of one then you are guilty of breaking all the commandments, and if that is the case what is the use of the 7th commandment but to condemn."

That logic "proves" that we can commit adultery, murder, and steal.

Dedication

Re: Sabbath Keeping
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 07:51:14 PM »

The whole argument is based on a purely legalistic thought pattern.

The legalistic thinking goes like this: If one keeps the Sabbath one earns major merit points toward salvation
but if one breaks any of the other commandments all the merit points go up in smoke
so one is lost anyway, so why bother.

Well brother-- it's true a person can NEVER earn merits toward their salvation, and yes, all their supposed merits do go up in smoke.  There is salvation in only ONE way:   Through Jesus Christ our Savior.   It's HIS merits, not ours that will enable anyone of us to enter heaven.

Our obedience is simply "our reasonable service"  (Romans 12:1,2) it shows whom we have chosen as our Lord and Master  (Romans 6:17-18)  it shows we have accepted Christ into our lives and allowing Him to change our lives and hearts and minds.

Our salvation is based on our relationship with Christ Who alone saves and cleanses us from sin.

Pages: [1]   Go Up