Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adventists on the Web?  (Read 11642 times)

marcand

• Abundant Rest Ministries
Adventists on the Web?
« on: April 12, 2008, 12:01:56 PM »

This is an open question to anyone here ... I've only posted a couple of times, but I've been lurking for a while.  I see there are only about 100 or so members here, so my question is this:

Where do other Adventists "hang out" on the web?  I am looking for like-minded traditional (read: conservative) Adventists to network with in proclaiming the three angels messages of present truth over the best medium we've ever had: the internet.  I'm also looking for areas to share this truth with others ... even within the church at large.

I currently have a web site that is geared towards Adventist readers, but I'm looking for ideas and talent to help with an outreach website that will present the truth using the most modern and relevant online methods possible, such as audio podcasts and video channels as well.

Any suggestions?
Michael Arcand
Abundant Rest Ministries
www.abundantrest.org

patsi

Re: Adventists on the Web?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 12:52:42 PM »

Are you an argumentative  person?  Do you enjoy shoving the bible down someone's throat. Do you enjoy abusing others. Then send me a PM and I will show you to the place you need to be. I lurk there. I see lots of brawling there and no one stops it. It is a great place to slam things out in the open and not stand up and have a back bone.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 03:28:41 PM »

As I am also the Administrator of Maritime SDA OnLine, as we are having a lot of interesting discussions there that I believe would greatly interest and challenge you, I am inviting you to register there.

The URL is http://www.maritime-sda-online.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 04:06:20 PM »

Oops!   I noticed after that you registered there today. :)

patsi

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 04:14:19 PM »

Oops!   I noticed after that you registered there today. :)

We all make mistakes.  :P

marcand

• Abundant Rest Ministries
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 08:45:41 PM »

Hi Daryl,

Thanks from the reply!  I remembered you saying something about that board in a welcome email when I signed up here, so I went and dug around, found it and signed up today!  ;D

Patsi - thanks for the PM ... I'm going to check it out.  I've also signed up at the Black SDA forums as well.  Obviously from my pic I'm anglo, but I have a lot of friends who are African American, and to be honest, they have some of the best church services and preachers - just look at Walter Pearson.

OK, so any other places I should look for Adventists hiding out?
Michael Arcand
Abundant Rest Ministries
www.abundantrest.org

Ozzie

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 11:01:23 PM »

Hi Daryl,

Thanks from the reply!  I remembered you saying something about that board in a welcome email when I signed up here, so I went and dug around, found it and signed up today!  ;D

Patsi - thanks for the PM ... I'm going to check it out.  I've also signed up at the Black SDA forums as well.  Obviously from my pic I'm anglo, but I have a lot of friends who are African American, and to be honest, they have some of the best church services and preachers - just look at Walter Pearson.

OK, so any other places I should look for Adventists hiding out?

Well, I run out of time for any more Forums, but I agree, with your observations regarding African Americans. It seems to be the same with most Indigenous people; at least with any I have had the pleasure to know (despite some very racist remarks I've heard from so-called dedicated SDA's).

Some of our closest friends, most dedicated and loveable Christians are Aborigines. My husband and I have been very much involved in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Ministry (ATSIM) in Australia for quite a few years. Unfortunately, age is creeping up and we are unable to be involved as we'd still like to be.

One particular Adventist Aboriginal Pastor who died a couple of months ago, is a person whom we'll never forget. Despite the way that he and his family had been (mis) treated over the years, his most loveable manner, dry wit, but sincere Christianity and caring for other people, is something we will never forget. He taught us so much about the love of Christ, as well as teaching us much about his culture and people, as well as what 'true friendship' is. Some of his final words to my husband, just several days before he died were "Bob, Jesus is coming much sooner than we think. We don't have much time left. We need to pray for our families to be ready too."  :praying: It still seems surreal that we won't see him at the next Aboriginal Regional Meeting, but we sure look forward to meeting again, at the feet of Jesus.

Sorry! I digressed there from your original question, but I don't have any more 'web ideas', as there just isn't enough hours in a day for me to be more involved.

Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.
Pages: [1]   Go Up