Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: "Adventist Union Rejects World Church Policy"  (Read 48097 times)

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: "Adventist Union Rejects World Church Policy"
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2012, 08:50:13 PM »

Do we interpret this to mean it is deemed politically correct to the satisfaction of the theological left???

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Adventist News Network in a program onHope TV has announced to the world the action of the Columbia Union Conference to ordain irregardless of gender.  The announcement was fair and mentioned the Biblical study currently underway.

Johann

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2012, 08:53:39 PM »

Do we interpret this to mean it is deemed politically correct to the satisfaction of the theological left???

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Adventist News Network in a program onHope TV has announced to the world the action of the Columbia Union Conference to ordain irregardless of gender.  The announcement was fair and mentioned the Biblical study currently underway.
Is this how you interpret it?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 04:21:40 PM »

The WO issue is definitely a divisive issue, however, right now I am more concerned over the action of a few Unions over their voting to go against present GC church policy, not only in relation to the WO issue but any other issue that they may one day disagree with in relation to GC church policy.

The action of these Unions is opening up a can of worms that may affect the integrity of the SDA Church's organizational structure, if the GC doesn't make an appropriate response, as they eventually did in relation to the NAD action that was declared null and void by the NAD President.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »

The WO issue is definitely a divisive issue, however, right now I am more concerned over the action of a few Unions over their voting to go against present GC church policy, not only in relation to the WO issue but any other issue that they may one day disagree with in relation to GC church policy.

The action of these Unions is opening up a can of worms that may affect the integrity of the SDA Church's organizational structure, if the GC doesn't make an appropriate response, as they eventually did in relation to the NAD action that was declared null and void by the NAD President.
What action was that?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2012, 04:32:19 PM »

What action was that?

The action of the Columbia Union and the German Union, which I wasn't even aware about, and need to do a google regarding their action.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2012, 07:29:05 PM »

What action was that?

The NAD action was last fall. It concerned affirming the NAD's variant wording of the E 60 policy, which says that commissioned ministers, not just ordained ministers, can serve as conference and mission presidents. Why? So that women can serve as conference and mission presidents.

Dan Jackson's January 2012 letter informed church leadership and members that that decision had to be rescinded, since it was contrary to GC policy, since the NAD is but a part of the GC. That then led to all the current agitation over WO.

When I first read about the NAD action, I just couldn't believe it. The NAD had requested the GC at annual council a little earlier to permit the NAD to have that altered E 60 policy, and annual council had said no. Then, the NAD voted to do it away.

What would you have thought if you had a child that acted that way after you said no?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2012, 07:45:00 PM »

Didn't Dan Jackson, after that, indicate somehow that they would just keep trying in another way?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2012, 06:35:34 PM »

Link to session video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/YOo-mhNdpis
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 06:45:51 PM by Daryl Fawcett »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2012, 06:39:43 PM »

Thanks for the link, Daryl.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 06:44:50 PM »

I was completely puzzled by Dan Jackson's presentation at the CUC constituency meeting.  He spoke with emotion and depth, with nice arm gestures and using Bible texts, but I couldn't see how what he said had to do with the topic they were voting on.

They did say that he was giving his counsel on the matter.

Possibly just "counsel" that could go either way.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2012, 06:46:40 PM »

Elder Wilson, on the other hand, spoke directly to them and pleaded over and over with them not to carry out their objective.

Johann

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2012, 07:52:01 PM »

The action of the . . . German Union, which I wasn't even aware about, and need to do a google regarding their action.

The North German Union came first - in April. The president stated they were forced to this do this because they would break federal laws of Germany if they didn't do it. He also made it clear that the General Conference had never had any theological objections to ordaining women.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2012, 05:42:18 AM »

The action of the . . . German Union, which I wasn't even aware about, and need to do a google regarding their action.

The North German Union came first - in April. The president stated they were forced to this do this because they would break federal laws of Germany if they didn't do it. He also made it clear that the General Conference had never had any theological objections to ordaining women.

Johann, could you share with us what federal law in Germany prohibits us from recognizing and implementing the roles of men and women as outlined in Scripture?

When it comes time for Germany to mandate Sunday rest and prohibit Sabbath worship, will the North German Union follow suit since they have now set a precedent that they place human laws above Scriptural mandates?

Johann

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2012, 04:04:58 PM »

Johann, could you share with us what federal law in Germany prohibits us from recognizing and implementing the roles of men and women as outlined in Scripture?

When it comes time for Germany to mandate Sunday rest and prohibit Sabbath worship, will the North German Union follow suit since they have now set a precedent that they place human laws above Scriptural mandates?

Just today I read again a verification that the total General Conference does not find anything in Scripture nor the Spirit of Prophecy which goes against the ordination of women. Yes, they want the unions to wait another year or so for the sake of unity. There could be certain individuals there who agree with you, I do not know, but there is no such majority, according to an inside source.

Dedication

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2012, 07:32:46 PM »

I think Johann is correct.
That America and western Europe is for women's ordination, including the officers in the General Conference.
The hold up is in getting all the delagates from around the world to agree.

Even though some greatly appreciated the Presidents message and stand against the Columbia Union's vote, there is one thing I'm not sure they noticed.

There was absolutely NOTHING in the president's speech to indicate that he was against ordaining women, or that the Columbia Union's motion was going against God or against scripture.   None of those issues were mentioned by the president as reasons for them to reconsider their aim and purpose for the constituency meeting.

The reason for his appeal was based solely on the fact that according to church policies, and GC votes that determined those policies current,  they had no legal right to make such a motion.  Their motion was "out of order" according to the church's constitutional policies.  His appeal was to wait and allow "due process" to move forward.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 07:36:50 PM by Ulicia »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up