Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: An alert for everyone  (Read 17800 times)

patsi

An alert for everyone
« on: April 13, 2008, 01:45:07 PM »

I am a bit concerned. In light of the many things that take place on a "christian" forum. Today I was informed by a third party that *I* am known as someone else. It would seem that some on other forums are keeping close watch and are posing as someone else to contact Bonnie and this third party as another synonym.
 With all that has gone on, members may want to exercise with whom they have any contact with no matter how innocent it may be.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Re: An alert for everyone
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 02:10:05 PM »

I am a bit concerned. In light of the many things that take place on a "christian" forum. Today I was informed by a third party that *I* am known as someone else. It would seem that some on other forums are keeping close watch and are posing as someone else to contact Bonnie and this third party as another synonym.
 With all that has gone on, members may want to exercise with whom they have any contact with no matter how innocent it may be.

I have had no contact with anyone I do not know. Mama's advice was quite sound. Never talk to strangers without supervision. In this case written records.

I would agree that everyone needs to be careful on who they trust. Old tired game of intimidation and doubt by those that play it best. 

We do know that even personal e-mails in your profile here are kept track of and duly noted when and if they are changed.
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

patsi

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 02:18:58 PM »

The way she put it and I took it, be careful who you talk to that seem to be freinds as well.

Lil Star

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 11:02:34 AM »

Should the newcomers be careful as well?
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

charis

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 12:58:24 PM »

Hi Lil Star,  I guess there's always a chance that a member will be cooked, fried, or boiled on a forum.  But I haven't seen that here.  I like it here.  I don't post much because I read what others write and think to myself, "Geez, when will I ever get to the point of knowing Jesus and the Bible like that??"  :praying:
Charis

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Ordinarily he was insane, but he had lucid moments when he was merely stupid.
~ Heinrich Heine ~

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 01:30:30 PM »

I also hope you also don't see it at the Maritime forum.

Lil Star

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 02:58:35 PM »

Thank you Charis for your very encouraging words as well.
Daryl, I just want to get used to this forum first. Settle in type of thing ya know?  I am sure that I would feel safe there, but I want to make sure I feel safe here first. I hope you understand? 
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Ozzie

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 04:07:43 PM »

Thank you Charis for your very encouraging words as well.
Daryl, I just want to get used to this forum first. Settle in type of thing ya know?  I am sure that I would feel safe there, but I want to make sure I feel safe here first. I hope you understand? 

Take your time Lil. Get to feel comfortable and safe here.

I stick to a policy of not rushing in to make 'friends' on the internet as people can operate under all types of various disguises.  :caution: I guess that's what I need to do to feel 'safe'. Others might find different ways work best for them.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Lil Star

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 04:20:03 PM »

Take your time Lil. Get to feel comfortable and safe here.

I stick to a policy of not rushing in to make 'friends' on the internet as people can operate under all types of various disguises.  Caution I guess that's what I need to do to feel 'safe'. Others might find different ways work best for them.

That is exactly the way I am!!!   I have found that people are one way when they are on the forum at first and then turn into something totally different. It is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I like knowing that people are the same all the time. I do not enjoy having the knife in my back so very much of the time. It hurts and it hurts bad.
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

charis

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 05:13:04 PM »

I also hope you also don't see it at the Maritime forum.

I like the Maritime Forum too...
Charis

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~ Heinrich Heine ~

Lil Star

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 05:24:11 PM »

Okay!  I'll go check it out!   :praying: Please let it be good.... Please let it be safe....
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Ozzie

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 07:23:34 PM »

Okay!  I'll go check it out!   :praying: Please let it be good.... Please let it be safe....

I'm sure that it will be 'safe' Lil, but do things in YOUR time;  not as others want. :thumbsup:
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

guide4him

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 08:37:56 PM »

Recently I was informed by a friend (I met this person one on one) to be very careful of a certain poster in another forum. The poster is doing and saying all the right things...  :dunno:

Please be very careful. I was taken in... sigh...

Ozzie

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 08:46:21 PM »

Recently I was informed by a friend (I met this person one on one) to be very careful of a certain poster in another forum. The poster is doing and saying all the right things...  :dunno:

Please be very careful. I was taken in... sigh...

I agree with this advice absolutely. Don't be taken in by those you do not know. They might sound and look like they're doing all the right things, but...  :caution: Be careful. Trust no one until you get to know hem personally and then... watch some more.

Yes. I do have an issue with 'TRUST' and I don't apologise for it.
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

charis

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 10:42:32 PM »

Well, I just got a notice by an Admin of another forum that I have been accused of slamming him at other forums.  That is NOT true, but the accusation had to come from someone in this forum.  

I do not take kindly to being lied about.  Whoever did that, and reads this, had best be thinking long and hard about what he/she said.
Charis

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~ Heinrich Heine ~
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up