Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rover sets down on Mars  (Read 4964 times)

christian

Rover sets down on Mars
« on: August 06, 2012, 08:52:47 PM »

It seems that the scriptures pointing to the time of the end is at hand. No rational person can ignore the wars and rumors of wars or the pestilences or the earthquakes in diverse places. Little by steady little we are approaching the time when this gospel will be preached unto all mankind and then will the end come. What will happen to our beloved church at this time of open apostasy.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: Rover sets down on Mars
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 02:38:35 PM »

How does the rover on Mars relate to this?

christian

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 07:39:40 PM »

I don't have the slightest idea, I work third shift and often at this time of night there is a pardime shift. My point though not well stated is that if they can so precisely land the rover on mars it is not long till they will conspire to send men to mars. I believe like with the tower of Baal, God is about to come because if he doesn't there is nothing that man will not be able to do.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 09:37:40 PM »

I don't have the slightest idea, I work third shift and often at this time of night there is a pardime shift. My point though not well stated is that if they can so precisely land the rover on mars it is not long till they will conspire to send men to mars. I believe like with the tower of Baal, God is about to come because if he doesn't there is nothing that man will not be able to do.
Very good point. Sometimes those third shift epiphones are rather good when read later. (Even when poorly articulated, those of us who also work too many hours tend to understand. Must be a sleep deprivation thing. :))

Dedication

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 10:07:02 PM »

They've already landed men on the moon, so why not Mars?

Back a number of years(May 1991)  there was a real interesting article in "LIFE" magazine.   
It was a plan to make Mars habitable.  Now that would be quite an acheivement!
They figured it could be done over a 150 year period.
First they would send orbiting solar reflectors to circle Mars and melt the ice caps.
They would set up factories to produce green house gases and ozone type material.
As the planet warmed, nitrogen and water would seep out and the atmosphere would thicken.
This would cause more warming, clouds would appear, eventually causing rain.
Then they would set up factories to extract oxygen from carbon dioxide and other carbonated materials.
Next they would plant tundra plants and hardy evergreens.
These would help the atmosphere.

They would build glass dooms since the atmosphere was still maturing and could not yet support human and animal life.
But as more and more plants are planted and the factories kept pumping out more oxygen by 2170 they figured Mars could be habitable!

Now --
I don't think this world will last that long, much less will they develop another planet.

But possible AFTER the 1000 years, when this earth is made new -- maybe Mars will also be made habitable.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 06:22:48 AM »

More important is the revelation found in one of the last exhibits at a museum or info center or whatever at Cape Kennedy or Cape Canaveral in Florida that I saw probably in the late 1980's. That exhibit gave a quote from maybe Socrates that said that if we ever get above the clouds, we'll be able to figure out where we came from. Then there was a statement that said that this was the driving force behind the space program.

So we spend billions of dollars to figure out where we came from, when a $5 Bible can tell us far more accurately than what most scientists can. The federal funding of religion really ought to stop.

Of course, not every scientist involved in the space program is ignorant of our origins or in rebellion against God. But the exhibit stated that this was the impetus for the space program, and so this kind of thing is an integral part of the space program as a whole.

It's a modern Tower of Babel. The folk back then wanted to get above the clouds or pretty high up to figure out where the Flood came from, and today folk want to get above the clouds to figure out how "creation" worked.

I'm not against federal funding of science. I am against federal funding of religion.

Dedication

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 08:33:26 AM »

Even more "scary" is the drive to connect with "other intellegence" in outer space.
The search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI)
Scientists have spent huge amounts of money setting up devices in hopes of receiving messages from outer space.

However, we don't have to spend ANY money to connect with Our Lord, Saviou and Creator.  Prayer and Bible Study is the key to unlock that door!

All this other stuff could connect people with an "intelligence" we want nothing to do with.

Johann

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »

Some of us felt that way when the first man entered space, the first man stepped on the mood, when a space station was in place, etc. Where is the limit?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 03:21:38 PM »

Right now they are trying to connect with a life form of any type, little knowing that the world is full of invisible aliens, as in the good and evil angels.
Pages: [1]   Go Up