Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winning Souls  (Read 5675 times)

Johann

Winning Souls
« on: August 28, 2012, 01:46:59 PM »

In the midst of all of this surmising Ida and I started praying the Holy Spirit would make us useful at our age to bring souls to Christ. All I want to say here is that before we knew it the Lord brought a person to our home, and we found out that his greatest desire is to become a child of God and be baptized by the baptism of faith and join our church. A few words I had said to him when I happened to meet him recently, was the reason he wanted to talk to me again, and about these things.

We enlist your prayers that the Holy Spirit may still be working, and we challenge you to pray that you too may be used as a channel to bring souls to Christ, before you make another post on AT.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Winning Souls
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 04:01:10 PM »

Johann, this is wonderful news! Praise the Lord!

May He continue to use you in powerful ways!

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 04:11:54 PM »

Yes, I also agree that this is wonderful news!!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 06:43:48 PM »

Pastor Johann,
I applaud your prayer and it's answer.

It is noticeable the redeemed is asking to be a part of the body of Christ as we know it. That body in Northern European Division adheres to the General Conference policy. If that policy is influenced by Papal Authority, and not the Bible and the God of Heaven, why would you want to bring him into a heretical church?

I am perplexed by this dichotomy as you have been an ardent supporter of Lutheran theology being adopted by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

An intelligent and prayerful response is imperative to explain this conundrum.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Dedication

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »

In the midst of all of this surmising Ida and I started praying the Holy Spirit would make us useful at our age to bring souls to Christ. All I want to say here is that before we knew it the Lord brought a person to our home, and we found out that his greatest desire is to become a child of God and be baptized by the baptism of faith and join our church. A few words I had said to him when I happened to meet him recently, was the reason he wanted to talk to me again, and about these things.

We enlist your prayers that the Holy Spirit may still be working, and we challenge you to pray that you too may be used as a channel to bring souls to Christ, before you make another post on AT.

This is what we all need to do!
Time is short.   We don't even know if the world will last till another GC session is called.  There are souls out their longing for the words of life!   It's following  Christ and witnessing for Him that's important!

Yes, indeed -- we need to pray that the Holy Spirit will use us in some humble way to bring souls to Christ.

Dedication

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 06:53:18 PM »

Pastor Johann,
I applaud your prayer and it's answer.

It is noticeable the redeemed is asking to be a part of the body of Christ as we know it.That body in Northern European Division adheres to the General Conference policy. If that policy is influenced by Papal Authority, and not the Bible and the God of Heaven, why would you want to bring him into a heretical church?

Johann mentioned the person wanted to be baptized and join his church.
Remember, the church is the people, not the heirarchy.   
Our influence is in our local church and we should ask the Lord to use us to make our church a special place where people can come and learn more about Jesus, the gospel and His way of LIFE.
I think we are members of the Seventh-day Adventist church because we belief true doctrines are found here.

If we were to stop witnessing and bringing people to church because there is heretical stuff going on in the world wide church, we would all just sit at home doing nothing.   
But that is not what we are commissioned by Christ to do.

Johann

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 07:06:10 PM »

Gailon, I wonder who could give you so much wrong information. I pray for you.

Johann

Johann

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 07:10:36 PM »

When you pray, you have to be prepared the Lord answers.

Another person not of our faith has approached us indicating she needs spiritual guidance.

SDAminister

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 09:22:33 PM »

Johann,
You said that he wanted to "be baptized by the baptism of faith". I'm not familiar with this terminology or ordinance.  What does it mean?

Johann

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 10:16:42 PM »

"Baptism of faith" is a term we use to distinguish  between the baptism of an ignorant little baby and the baptism of a person who has accepted Jesus Christ by her/his personal faith in Him, which is the only kind of baptism we find in the New Testament.

In our Church we have always used this kind of baptism as an entrance to church membership.

SDAminister

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 04:59:46 PM »

"Baptism of faith" is a term we use to distinguish  between the baptism of an ignorant little baby and the baptism of a person who has accepted Jesus Christ by her/his personal faith in Him, which is the only kind of baptism we find in the New Testament.

In our Church we have always used this kind of baptism as an entrance to church membership.

Okay, that makes sense.

BTW, there are at least two other baptisms mentioned in the New Testament: The baptisms by John the Baptist and the baptism by Moses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up