Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who paid the IRS over $1 million? (A question for "Truth")  (Read 11931 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Who paid the IRS over $1 million? (A question for "Truth")
« on: September 12, 2012, 07:49:16 PM »

"Truth" over on the other site has accused me of lying (a) because I said that our sources tell us that the IRS was paid over $1 million, and (b) because I said that I never said that 3ABN paid the IRS over $1 million.

Now I am willing for someone to show me where I made a mistake in statement (b), but as far as I know, I've never said that the 3ABN paid the IRS over $1 million.

"Truth" can't figure out how statements (a) and (b) could both be true. I'm not sure why "Truth" can't figure it out. It sure seems obvious to me.

Do any readers here have any trouble seeing how (a) and (b) can both be true? Is it just me that thinks it is obvious how they can both be true?

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
Re: Who paid the IRS over $1 million? (A question for "Truth")
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 10:16:28 PM »

It's a feeble attempt to distract from the events unfolding with the civil case against 3ABN. Of course they can both be true.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 11:36:36 PM »

Yes, it was obvious what you were saying, Bob.

Maybe it was a diversionary tactic.  I think I remember how discussions in the past would be pulled off course to prevent more information coming out on the most pertinent 3ABN topic at hand.

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 05:22:33 AM »

Frankly, I've never been told who paid the IRS. I've only been told that the IRS was paid.

Anyone who knows anything about Section 4958 Excess Benefit Transactions knows that board members who knowingly facilitate such transactions can be fined a portion of that transaction. See http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eotopich02.pdf. And who pays that? The board member, not the organization. So there clearly are times when someone other than the organization pays the IRS for malfeasance occurring within the organization.

So who paid the IRS? I don't know. I haven't been told.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 05:31:18 AM »

Knowing who one of the people were on the board back then, I can make a good guess who that person was, but it is only a good guess.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 09:44:52 AM »

So you think that a former 3ABN board member paid the IRS the million dollars?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 06:39:32 PM »

I don't know who paid the IRS, but whatever happened probably happened in late 2007 around East St. Louis. I think we referenced that meeting in one of our court filings.

Note that I never said that the amount paid was a million dollars.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 11:40:17 PM »

You said that it was more than a million?

~ Cindy

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 06:51:40 PM »

Yes, he claimed it was more than a million but he has no proof, only " a source told me..." as usual...

Then he has to ask Truth who paid the IRS over a million dollars because now he admits he doesn't even know who his unidentified source was talking about. That is beyond ridiculous.

Of course Truth can't name anyone, nor can his "source" because it never happened.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 07:12:53 PM »

Yes, he claimed it was more than a million but he has no proof, only " a source told me..." as usual...

Then he has to ask Truth who paid the IRS over a million dollars because now he admits he doesn't even know who his unidentified source was talking about. That is beyond ridiculous.

Of course Truth can't name anyone, nor can his "source" because it never happened.

How do you know it never happened?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 04:48:06 AM »

~ Cindy seems to be afraid to answer my question.   Hmmmmmm!

~ Cindy

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 02:02:51 AM »

The lack of evidence... along with the evidence to the contrary.
I will reply to Pickle in more detail about both of those things when I get time to do so. In the meantime may I suggest your time would be better spent asking him how he knows over a million dollars was paid to the IRS to get a criminal investigation to go away, as he has been claiming for years now -- rather than posting to all how you think I seem to be afraid?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 02:16:47 AM by ~ Cindy »

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 03:41:12 AM »

Hey, squiggle, you are going to be very busy...you can refute, spin the tail on the donkey,  but cover-ups are out of fashion and you cannot hide the truth and it is all coming out. You should promote a comprehensive settlement approach so they actually can move on, without DLS.

It is good that you are still "connected" but you really have to do a better job of verifying. Your sources seem to be factually challenged way too often and with three major contributors gone from the board the cost of cover-up becomes harder and harder to cover... and the place is leaking like a seive.

With leaks this big, ships have been known to founder!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 05:45:36 AM »

The lack of evidence... along with the evidence to the contrary.

Let me remind you that no admissible evidence has ever yet been produced to back up the IRS-vindication tale. Walt Thompson admitted to the court that he had no personal knowledge of such, and that his information was derived from whatever unnamed lawyers had told him.

I'm not saying that there is no evidence. I'm just saying that none has yet been produced.

Think about it: Ronnie claimed IRS vindication because ... the IRS told him? No.

Doug Batchelor claimed IRS vindication because ... the IRS told him? No. He said Jim Gilley told him.

Even Gerry Duffy admitted that the IRS hadn't told him that there were no infractions or discrepancies. And Walt Thompson even admitted that the unnamed lawyers never said that the IRS said that the investigation was even over.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 05:48:07 AM »

If the IRS was paid over $3M, wouldn't such a large amount show up somewhere in their financial records?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up