Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Do 3ABN and Women's Ordination Advocates Have Something In Common?  (Read 11113 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Do 3ABN and Women's Ordination Advocates Have Something In Common?
« on: September 18, 2012, 02:12:41 PM »

3ABN has a Founder and Consultant, Danny Shelton, who has been accused of multiple financial and moral improprieties.  There is now some suggestion that he is attempting to return as CEO of 3ABN.  His brother Tommy Shelton, former 3ABN musician among other things, is currently serving time in prison for homosexual pedophilia.  3ABN is being sued for cover up of Tommy Shelton's crimes.

Women's Ordination advocates, on the other hand, do not have such lurid accusations against them.  However, they have taken action in the SDA Union Conferences--Columbia Union and Pacific Union, that according to some sources put them in rebellion against the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist.  If true, these Union Conferences involve a whole lot more people in opposition to the world church that just the small group at 3ABN. 

What is the connection?

To me, both of these problems continue to exist because the church leadership at the level of the General Conference are either unwilling or unable to confront and take any action to solve the problems.  Do they continue this way because they want to remain friends with the dissidents in the rebellious unions?  Do they want to be able to continue with their high profile TV appearances at 3ABN?

What do you think? 
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Dedication

Re: Do 3ABN and Women's Ordination Advocates Have Something In Common?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 03:45:14 PM »

Maybe the common element is getting the message out to the world.

For all it's internal problems, 3ABN has been probably the most effective in bringing truth to the world.

The message needs to go out!
Adventists as a whole are not getting the job done.
Defective and in need of spiritual healing they may be, but those who are proclaiming the gospel and the three angels' messages are the ones doing what NEEDS TO BE DONE.

True, Satan scored against the  Sheltons, (of course Satan would do his best to bring them down, he hates the message coming to the world through 3ABN, and anyone launching such a program would be a prime target).

I   don't think they should be restored to leadership, once sullied, and even though forgiveness is available for truly repentant, they can never again give the message with the clear tones it requires.
(Like King David once tempted and overcome by Satan, though repentant and forgiven, could never again have the strong spiritual influence with his family or with his people)

Yet, 3ABN needs to go on -- it is one of the best witness programs the SDA church has.
It needs to go on and not have the sullied stuff constantly brought out to destroy the message that needs to go out into the world.

Of course that also means no "Shelton" CEO
It also means no more Pipim.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 03:51:35 PM by Dedication »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »

Yet, 3ABN needs to go on -- it is one of the best witness programs the SDA church has.

How many believe that 3ABN is on of the best witness programs in the SDA church?

Dedication

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 05:47:51 PM »

A lot of people !
Go to the grassroots -- the people in the churches and ask them.
Don't just ask those who are in court cases concerning the Sheltons.

Of course there are two others --

Hope channel  (usually doesn't rate as high as 3ABN)

Amazing Discoveries (rates higher than 3ABN for some, but others think its too radical)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 05:57:03 PM »

There is also:

Loma Linda Broadcasting Network
and
Amazing Discoveries

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 09:03:45 PM »

And Amazing Facts' channel.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 04:28:19 AM »

Yes, I was thinking that Amazing Facts had been mentioned instead of Amazing Discoveries. 

And Amazing Facts' channel.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 10:43:11 AM »

For all it's internal problems, 3ABN has been probably the most effective in bringing truth to the world.

I do not agree that 3ABN has been the most effective in bringing truth to the world.

3ABN antagonizes pastors by drawing tithe and offerings away from local churches.  I had a pastor explain that to me once.

3ABN has encouraged viewers to watch their Sabbath programing and to choose 3ABN as their church home (drawing them away from a local brick and mortar church).

The "Culture of Corruption" (to borrow a current political book title) runs deep at 3ABN according to reports. How can God bless an institution like that?

To say that the Sheltons are the only problem there is fallacious.  Jim Gilley, president, ignores every problematic thing about Danny Shelton and lauds him to the skies.  (He would lose his job if he didn't, I'm sure.)

Dedication

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 07:12:07 PM »

When this first started, quite a few years ago now,  it was called "Save 3ABN."  Has it now become "destroy 3ABN"?

"Drawing money away from churches"?
You know if the churches were really on fire and witnessing, people would be happy to give their money to the church.
But people want their money to go somewhere, where it will help the message go out to the world.

"Watching 3ABN instead of going to church"
There are a lot of shut ins for whom this is a real blessing.
Often the dissidents, the loud upbeat music, etc.etc. in the church is just too painful, and people want to hear a message -- so they chose a different option.   
Also the aim is to reach people who don't normally go to church.
Besides, that comment would condemn all the TV network programs -- do you want Hope Channel, Amazing Facts, Amazing Discoveries and every other  organization that is sharing Biblical messages to the world to shut down as well as 3ABN?

As to "culture of corruption" -- you'll find that everywhere if you focus on it.
Interesting -- your example that it isn't just the "Sheltons" simply turns around and says it is the Sheltons.
Obviously, by your comment, Danny is still the "one in charge' even though not in the president's chair.
And obviously it's not just Jim Gilley who still esteems Danny.  Wasn't that Danny sitting on the platform with the president of the General Conference of the Adventist church just a few days ago?
Now -- personally I think Danny has become a liability to 3ABN.

However, I'm still very much in the save 3ABN mode.  I would like to see it come clean and move on in it's mission to give the message to the world.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 07:17:42 PM by Dedication »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 07:49:36 PM »

"Save 3ABN" has been attempting to save that media outlet for a number of years now.

3ABN has done nothing but fight those efforts, starting with the lawsuit against Pickle and Joy.

Many 3ABN supporters nowadays have not even heard of the allegations against 3ABN, I've been told, but those allegations have not been resolved, except for Tommy Shelton going to prison.

Anytime you see Danny Shelton on TV with a church leader, that is simply further indication that the SDA church leadership is not doing their job.

Can you imagine the pain and confusion of sincere 3ABN followers if they were to find out that not only Tommy Shelton went to prison, but their beloved Danny Shelton might also go to prison for some of the same misbehavior (but with the opposite sex).

They would say to church leadership, "Why didn't you let us know what was going on?  Why didn't you warn us before we sent so many donations to 3ABN?"

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »

the litigation was designed to "crush the opposition"...I will politely but with much disdain, point out that the administration and many of the staff still pledge allegiance to Danny Lee Shelton, a man that does NOT represent the Seventh-day Adventist Faith in his ministrations or in his personal life.

He is a man well known in some circles for his love of MANY women, his outrageous propositions to some female staff over the years, his notorious relationship with Brenda, his cover-up of his brothers homosexual misconduct, in many cases with minors, his perpetual effort to try and intimidate witnesses to obstruct justice, his "family" invocation to hide open sins, and his refusal to confess and repent of his misconduct.

AND his board has repeatedly paid dearly to cover his errors or gotten the stockholders in the pews to pay the pipers. They have repeatedly ignored warning after warning and they are best described as "head in the sand" directors and will do ANYTHING to keep the ministry from open and public scandal and will pay dearly to preserve a hypocrisy in fact.

I know WAY TOO MUCH to allow it to go unchallenged and perpetuate the hypocrisy.

Their lawsuit exposed them in ways they did not anticipate and realized, with us virtually at the gates, that it was best to to quit and run for fear of what would be exposed in a trial on the meritless case. They sorely miscalculated our ability and RESOLVE to match every move and to in fact move on the offensive early and perpetually. They will feel that RESOLVE yet again. Repeatedly!!!

There is nothing at 3ABN worth saving anymore. The Lord has long since moved on from 3ABN. They have been masters at covering up and pretending to be the Three Angels Message when in fact they have been the perfect example of LAODICEA. Heaven does not need hypocrisy to get the message out and 3ABN has lost relevance.

For those who believe that 3ABN cannot be, or has not been, replaced from having filled their cup, I will propose you stop drinking the cool-aid, open your eyes with the eyesalve...the rest will come very naturally.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 03:24:15 PM »

"Drawing money away from churches"?
You know if the churches were really on fire and witnessing, people would be happy to give their money to the church.
But people want their money to go somewhere, where it will help the message go out to the world.

Then 3ABN should be up front about it and tell their donors just how much money is going for that purpose, and how much is going to pay Danny's personal expenses, or to pad his pockets, or to pay for liabilities that he created. In my opinion, there really was no excuse for handing Danny $96,000 worth of land, if that really was the fair market value, in the fall of 2007. Were the donors ever told that that was how their donations were being used?

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 10:28:08 PM »

As far as Danny attempting to "return" as CEO, I will just say that anyone who believes that Danny has not been calling all the shots at any time in 3ABN's history is extremely naive.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 04:14:11 AM »

As far as Danny attempting to "return" as CEO, I will just say that anyone who believes that Danny has not been calling all the shots at any time in 3ABN's history is extremely naive.
So are you saying that Jim Gilley is only a figurehead or puppet president and that Danny Shelton is really the behind the scenes and in control president?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:23:56 AM by Daryl Fawcett »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 10:03:57 AM »

I got the impression that Danny Shelton was really the one calling the shots by the sycophantic way that Jim Gilley treats him (references to Danny Shelton by Jim Gilley in his 3ABN World magazine editorials).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up