Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN (finally) files answer in pedophilia lawsuit  (Read 15148 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
3ABN (finally) files answer in pedophilia lawsuit
« on: October 02, 2012, 05:01:43 PM »

http://www.3abnvjoy.com/ilsd-12cv00114/ilsd-12cv00114-doc-68.pdf

What do you think? Will 3ABN get off the hook?

Looks like 3ABN is admitting that Danny Shelton knew about "at least one" allegations of child molestation against Tommy in the 1980's. "At least one" could mean six or ten, right?

"... affirmatively alleges that Danny Shelton understood the allegation was investigated by church authorities and police and determined to be unfounded ...."

I wonder how Danny is going to prove that he really did believe this. What church authorities and police records will he cite? Or, like in the property tax case, will Danny just testify orally, and expect everyone to just trust him?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN (finally) files answer in pedophilia lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 07:28:26 PM »

1. As to paragraph 1 of the Complaint, 3ABN admits that this case arises from alleged childhood sexual abuse of Plaintiff Alex Walker by Tommy Shelton, but denies that the alleged sexual abuse occurred in fact.

I thought that Tommy Shelton already admitted to the abuse.

Should 3ABN, a self-described religious entity, be lying in legal documents like this?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 07:36:11 PM »

I see that 3ABN is denying everything but basic facts like that Danny Shelton has been president of 3ABN, etc., etc.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 12:47:10 AM »

1. As to paragraph 1 of the Complaint, 3ABN admits that this case arises from alleged childhood sexual abuse of Plaintiff Alex Walker by Tommy Shelton, but denies that the alleged sexual abuse occurred in fact.
And how do they know this? Were they with Alex 24/7?
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 01:58:40 PM »

3ABN denies all other allegations in paragraph 4, and specifically the allegations that Tommy Shelton was an employee/agent of 3ABN at the times of the alleged abuse of Plaintiff and that he abused Plaintiff at 3ABN in Illinois.

Did we have any information from any sources that Tommy Shelton was with 3ABN at some times of the alleged abuse?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 08:26:32 PM »

3ABN denies all other allegations in paragraph 4, and specifically the allegations that Tommy Shelton was an employee/agent of 3ABN at the times of the alleged abuse of Plaintiff and that he abused Plaintiff at 3ABN in Illinois.

Did we have any information from any sources that Tommy Shelton was with 3ABN at some times of the alleged abuse?

I think they're denying that Tommy was an employee/agent of 3ABN when he was pastoring in Virginia in 1997, the year that Tommy admitted abusing Alex during.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 08:27:47 PM »

And how do they know this? Were they with Alex 24/7?

Excellent point.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 08:41:06 PM »

I think they're denying that Tommy was an employee/agent of 3ABN when he was pastoring in Virginia in 1997, the year that Tommy admitted abusing Alex during.

So it is true that Tommy Shelton admitted abusing Alex Walker, a minor.

How does 3ABN then deny this?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 08:50:39 PM »

The lawsuit is for more than 5 million dollars...

What about others that might come forward?

I thought that Gailon had mentioned the possibility of 3ABN having to pay out for future lawsuits, too.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 04:58:28 AM »

Isn't there such a thing as employee records at 3ABN?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 06:28:47 AM »

Isn't there such a thing as employee records at 3ABN?

Remember the Nick Miller story about falsified records, document fraud? How would you know that the employee records are accurate?

On October 22, 2008, we were getting close to obtaining the auditor's records, and those records could have documented the $10,000 check(s) that got sent to Tommy while he was in Virginia. 3ABN swiftly moved to dismiss on October 23. That should tell you something.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 10:56:26 AM »

Very interesting...

I don't remember exactly the story about Nick Miller and falsified documents...was that why he left 3ABN?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 12:36:01 PM »

Very interesting...

I don't remember exactly the story about Nick Miller and falsified documents...was that why he left 3ABN?

Nick's story was that he became concerned around January 2005 about certain unspecified problems, and began working on reforms with a few other board members. Danny realized Nick was behind the curtailing of his power and threatened him to back off, or he would have his legal representation investigated. Nick didn't back off, and Danny's first wife's brother then altered Nick's billing records without his knowledge. These were sent out to all the board members, who decided not to investigate either Danny's or Nick's allegations. Since the two could no longer work together, and since the board felt they couldn't do without Danny, Nick had to resign.

We used Nick's story multiple times in our court case in order to demonstrate why we couldn't take 3ABN's word for anything. We had to verify every document and figure 3ABN produced.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 02:07:27 PM »

Yes, I remeber the story now, about the 3ABN board choosing Danny Shelton over Nick Miller...a good reason not to trust what 3ABN says.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 08:36:51 AM »

I thought that Tommy Shelton already admitted to the abuse.

Should 3ABN, a self-described religious entity, be lying in legal documents like this?

THE ENTIRE ENTITY IS A LIVING LIE!!! From inception to this date...they do not represent the Three Angels Messages" as they have exhibited in their lives that they seriously believe:

THEY CAN BE SAVED IN THEIR SINS!!!

NON DENOMINATIONAL IS A GOOD EXPLANATION FOR WHAT THEY REALLY ARE!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up