Issues & Concerns Category > Womens Ordination & Related Issues

Men's ordination in question?

(1/2) > >>

SDAminister:
Since the ordination of women has been invalidated, maybe the church needs to take a harder look and see if rebellious unions will continue the practice. If they do, this means that they are saying they are applying no standard in the selection of candidates and will ordain anyone.

The world church should look at not recognizing men who are ordained from these unions as well. Since the ordaining body obviously adheres to no standards, who's to say that these men are ordainable? Do they believe Present Truth? Do they uphold the Three Angels Message?
I sense more battles ahead...

Artiste:

--- Quote from: SDAminister on November 03, 2012, 07:36:39 AM ---Since the ordination of women has been invalidated, maybe the church needs to take a harder look and see if rebellious unions will continue the practice. If they do, this means that they are saying they are applying no standard in the selection of candidates and will ordain anyone.

The world church should look at not recognizing men who are ordained from these unions as well. Since the ordaining body obviously adheres to no standards, who's to say that these men are ordainable? Do they believe Present Truth? Do they uphold the Three Angels Message?

--- End quote ---

As far as believing present truth and 3 angels message, I might question that in ordained individuals in some parts of the country (3ABN notwithstanding).

SDAminister:

--- Quote from: Artiste on November 04, 2012, 10:06:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: SDAminister on November 03, 2012, 07:36:39 AM ---Since the ordination of women has been invalidated, maybe the church needs to take a harder look and see if rebellious unions will continue the practice. If they do, this means that they are saying they are applying no standard in the selection of candidates and will ordain anyone.

--- End quote ---

As far as believing present truth and 3 angels message, I might question that in ordained individuals in some parts of the country (3ABN notwithstanding).

--- End quote ---

So true.... My point is this: Is the Pacific Union following the Church's rules for ordination of ministers? The answer is No. So, that means all ordainees are suspect.

Artiste:
Really good point, and I hadn't thought of it that way.

Battle Creek:
A certain member of the committee dealing with this question is suggesting that SDA might now discard  the Roman Catholic view of ordination and rather follow what some regard as the Biblical pattern with an appointment rather than an ordination. This could mean that our present ordination services will be discontinued. Perhaps only an "ordination" for certain positions, such as a president?

According to some Bible students not even the 12 Apostles were ever ordained in the understanding gradually developed by the Roman church in granting the priests certain privileges. Even certain Adventist pastors feel their dignity is dependent on retaining those traditional privileges.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version