Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN settles with Alex Walker over Tommy Shelton's pedophilia  (Read 75538 times)

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN settles with Alex Walker over Tommy Shelton's pedophilia
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 08:13:18 AM »

Why would God choose/impress such a person to be the creator/founder of 2ABN?

I guess for the same reason he would impress one to pastor the Ezra Church of God and start Ezra Christian School.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 06:32:50 PM »

I guess for the same reason he would impress one to pastor the Ezra Church of God and start Ezra Christian School.
:goodpost: I was thinking the same thing....
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 07:14:57 PM »

According to http://www.3abnvjoy.com/ilsd-12cv00114/ilsd-12cv00114-doc-68.pdf:

9. As to paragraph 9 of the Complaint, 3ABN admits that Tommy Shelton served as Pastor at the Ezra Church of God in West Frankfort, Illinois in the 1980s; admits that at least one allegation of improper conduct with a minor was made against him there; affirmatively alleges that Danny Shelton understood the allegation was investigated by church authorities and police and determined to be unfounded; and denies knowledge or information sufficient to form a belief as to the truth of the other allegations in paragraph 9.

I find it remarkable that Danny would tell the court that this is what he "understood," when the "police" that "investigated" it said they knew Tommy was guilty, but just didn't have the evidence they needed to lay their hands on him. How could he ever have truthfully said that he believed the police had determined it to be unfounded?

Plus, it is a bit fallacious to claim the above when, according to an eyewitness, you yourself told a victim to tell the police it never happened.

horsethief

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 08:27:38 PM »

Who knows? Either one is possible. I think that was made clear to them. Danny is keenly aware there is evidence of pedophilia against him.  Trust me I know.

So could be either one.

Actions that took place several years ago have landed one Shelton in prison. I doubt any "statutes of limitation" have expired.

youngwarrior

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 08:55:48 PM »

The story I heard before and when I first arrived at 3ABN was that Kenny Shelton, not Danny, was the one who received the impression to build the network.  That Kenny then talked to Danny and their mother.  Danny agreed to help.  Once Kenny was fired the story changed to Danny received the impression (vision) and Kenny was written out of the story.

horsethief

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »

Every cult leader has claimed a vision. How else would they dupe their followers?

Danny's status as a cult leader is exemplified by the fact that he has gotten rich through this "vision" of his.

Ellen White never got rich through any of her writings. She even encouraged people to test and question her.

Martin Luther never sought riches in his reformation, even though millions of people were reading his writings while he was living.

George Vandeman or HMS Richards never enriched themselves through any of their writings and speaking engagements.

Danny Shelton made up this "vision" garbage and his "miracle" stories to fatten his wallet.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 04:47:25 AM »

The story I heard before and when I first arrived at 3ABN was that Kenny Shelton, not Danny, was the one who received the impression to build the network.  That Kenny then talked to Danny and their mother.  Danny agreed to help.  Once Kenny was fired the story changed to Danny received the impression (vision) and Kenny was written out of the story.

youngwarrior, I've got a 1987 version of the 3ABN Story, featuring an interview of both Kenny and Danny. It has Danny being told by a voice to start the station, and Danny calling Kenny to tell him. It does have Kenny previously telling Danny that God had impressed him that he and Danny should unite their ministries.

But what you remember about Kenny being the first one to have the impression could still be true. It's just that the story could have morphed a little earlier than Kenny's firing.

Evangelist Oscar Lane began his evangelistic meeting in a big tent in New Orleans on Sept. 9, 1984, and finished sometime in October. During that crusade, Danny and Melody Shelton came through and did a program at our church north of new Orleans. Danny and Melody then showed up at Oscar Lane's meeting. During that meeting, Oscar Lane took up an offering for Danny's new TV venture. The next meeting or so Oscar Lane told the huge crowd in the newly rented church that Danny had come to him the morning that Danny was leaving town, and had given him the money back. I recall that Oscar Lane said it would be put toward the purchase of a church bus.

1984 is a long time ago, and so I don't recall for sure what exactly the TV venture was, but I've always thought it was starting 3ABN, not just a studio. At any rate, it seems a little strange to start the 3ABN Story on Nov. 14/15, 1984, when in October Danny was already promoting a new TV venture publicly, and money was being collected for it.

What I recall is that Oscar Lane would be working with Danny on the venture, and it puzzled me when I did not hear Lane's name associated with 3ABN as things got going.

When I asked Danny about all this in November 2006, he provided no satisfactory answer.

By the way, I was told that Kenny admitted having the affair that led to his firing, but was puzzled about why Danny made it an issue, since Danny had known about the affair for years.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 12:40:33 PM »

All very interesting...
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

horsethief

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2013, 08:57:37 PM »

We all know Danny has lied on multiple occasions, so why should anyone believe him when he claims God gave him some TV network "vision" or "impresson" or whatever he calls it? 

The man is a fraud and a criminal.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 10:19:32 PM by horsethief »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 08:26:35 AM »

I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there that remembers Danny publicly talking about a TV venture before November 14/15, 1984. Am I the only one that remembers that?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 03:48:29 PM »

I see that a new movie called "Happy Valley" is going to be made starring Al Pacino as coach Joe Paterno from Penn State who died following his firing from the University.

Deadline Hollywood refers to the situation as follows:

"The failure of Paterno and university officials to act allowed Sandusky to continue molesting boys for years, which was borne out in court testimony leading to his conviction and incarceration."

Does this sound familiar with 3ABN?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 05:30:46 PM »

I wonder if someone will ever do a movie on the Shelton gang.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 06:22:45 PM »

What would the movie be called?

The Televangelist? :D

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2013, 04:00:55 PM »

That's a possibility. Another one might be "As the Satellite Turns," or "The Shelton Gang Rides Again."

I suppose someone could start a contest and see who comes up with the most creative title.

What would the movie be called?

The Televangelist? :D

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2013, 04:41:07 PM »

I like "The Shelton Gang Rides Again".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up